The ex and men in general

Pete

Repete
I am an ex and a man but I stood in a cold parking lot and fixed my ex's broken car door so she could roll up the window and take off the bungee cord holding it closed today. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am an ex and a man but I stood in a cold parking lot and fixed my ex's broken car door so she could roll up the window and take off the bungee cord holding it closed today. :shrug:

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. :huggy:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I understand feeling hurt or betrayed, but I just don't understand the outright hate of an ex. What does it say about you if you decided to marry and/or reproduce with that person?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:high5:

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
My ex just came and got my daughter out to go to work. I don't have to go anywhere. I didn't ask him to help me get my car moved.

Okay, it just occurred to me, my dumb self.

But I wondered if he took it as an insult. I wouldn't even accept help from him, I would have accepted from a stranger.

How about you use your own arms and legs to do it yourself?

Seems to me you're still caught up since you took the time to post and worry about his "feelings" over something I am sure he didn't think twice about.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I understand feeling hurt or betrayed, but I just don't understand the outright hate of an ex. What does it say about you if you decided to marry and/or reproduce with that person?

My Ex is still the Children's Mother, and still deserves the respect and dignity of the same.

It was tough at first, but we've come around to at least still be friends, and neither has a problem calling when help is needed or a favor needs to be asked.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My Ex is still the Children's Mother, and still deserves the respect and dignity of the same.
It was tough at first, but we've come around to at least still be friends, and neither has a problem calling when help is needed or a favor needs to be asked.

This is really the whole point. Everything I do to get along with my ex is really for my kids. To make their lives easier. They have a decent relationship with him & I won't destroy that.

sockgirl77

This is really the whole point. Everything I do to get along with my ex is really for my kids. To make their lives easier. They have a decent relationship with him & I won't destroy that.

Exactly. As much as it pains me to be nice to my exes, I still do it to maintain a cordial parenting relationship. One of them and I are still friends and will continue to be. The other I just deal with because he is the father of 2 of my children and that's something I cannot change.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

It says you either didn't know that person very well or you ignored the warning signs.

What do I get? :dance:

Cowgirl

You'd have to have a baby daddy to understand. But I'm sure that you have enough dealings with your hubby's ex to maybe understand. Then again after reading your stories I'm sure that you don't ask any help from her. :lol:

Oh, that's not the issue. :lol: I read her posts and I'm still not sure what she was trying to say. :crazy:

We have a good relationship with the ex. In fact, I volunteered for hubby to fix her car if she ever needed it. I'm nice like that. :lmao:

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
My ex just came and got my daughter out to go to work. I don't have to go anywhere. I didn't ask him to help me get my car moved.

But I wondered if he took it as an insult. I wouldn't even accept help from him, I would have accepted from a stranger.

Why do you even care enought to start a thread about it?:confused:

MMDad

Lem Putt

I'm betting he was happy you didn't ask because he knew that if you were stuck you couldn't drive drunk. It probably saved lives.

Last edited: