The Good Wife

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kwillia said:
I'll betcha lots of relationships could have survived long term if and when one or the other "lost that loving feeling" had actually realized that falling out of love is normal and waited it out to re-fall again.

I love a good student!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
CandyRain said:
Well, now you're talking "in" love. That's a completely different concept. Like I said, "love" is always there. "In" love is that deliriously giddy, romantic, butterflies-in-stomach thing that, yes, comes and goes.

I agree they are two different things...but lots of time love really ain't there and sometimes the only reason you are together is because nobody has a place to go. But...you can get it back.

cattitude said:
I love a good student!
I survived the first 12 years before I ever met you because I had figured some of this out on my own... you definately give me hope that there is life after the kids leave the nest...:biggrin:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
CandyRain said:
Well, now you're talking "in" love. That's a completely different concept. Like I said, "love" is always there. "In" love is that deliriously giddy, romantic, butterflies-in-stomach thing that, yes, comes and goes.
Is that similiar to toe curling eye popping feeling? Or does that come and go to? :popcorn:

OMG sorry I couldn't resist temptation! :roflmao:

Pete

Repete
CandyRain said:
#1 is not realistic but #2 is the way it's supposed to be when you love someone. :yay:

When you love someone, it's not "work". It's kinda like owning your own business, even when you work 24 hours a day, you don't look at it as "work". Working 9-5 for someone else though feels like work and then some.
Sure it is :shrug: Like gears in a transmission, they mesh. That's not to say they don't whine sometimes form over stress but they still mesh.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CandyRain said:
Well, now you're talking "in" love. That's a completely different concept. Like I said, "love" is always there.
Nope, sometimes you'd happily see them run down by a Mack truck. In fact, you'd like to even drive the truck.

Are you not married?

CandyRain

vraiblonde said:
Nope, sometimes you'd happily see them run down by a Mack truck. In fact, you'd like to even drive the truck.

Are you not married?
There were times that I thought that, but on September 11, it made me realize that there isn't much in life worth fighting about. All it takes is a tragedy, yours or someone elses, to put things in perspective.

CandyRain

migtig said:
Is that similiar to toe curling eye popping feeling? Or does that come and go to? :popcorn:

OMG sorry I couldn't resist temptation! :roflmao:
:lmao: The toe curling feeling is part of that, but I've never had an eye popping feeling so I'm not sure where that comes from. :shrug:

Vince

kwillia said:
I'll betcha lots of relationships could have survived long term if and when one or the other "lost that loving feeling" had actually realized that falling out of love is normal and waited it out to re-fall again.
There are some that don't want to bother. Then some that find their career so important that they loose sight of what is real and won't bother with that person they fell in love with. People are strange creatures, but alot won't even take the time to talk, and tell someone that there is something wrong and will go out looking for someone else.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
CandyRain said:
:lmao: The toe curling feeling is part of that, but I've never had an eye popping feeling so I'm not sure where that comes from. :shrug:
Sorry babe, but I'm married now. I don't have permission to introduce women to the eye popping feeling. My wife tells me that she feels sorry for you.

F

Fat Momma

julz20684 said:
I agree, it shouldn't be up to just the woman to make or break the relationship. It's a 50/50 deal, granted I realize there are times when one gives a little more and the other takes a little more and knows it will be reciprocated.

I'm not at all saying any one person should give up who they are and contantly be in demand for the other's attention, that's just ridiculous. I'm talking about the things that matter.

I don't want a savior and I don't want to be up anyone's ass or vice versa. We all do things for our loved ones we don't always want to do and there are times we do things at times that really aren't convenient at that moment. But the effort in relationships is just that, making that effort and it's called compromise.

Sweetie that was not directed at you. :huggy:

F

Fat Momma

Pete said:
To quote Lewis Grizzard, world renowned author and great American "She tore out my heart and stomped that sucker flat" is a trauma many men remember for a long time. After the second time sometimes you come to the realization "It just aint worth it." At 42, after being dead broke, despondent, sleepless, ashamed, and in agony I sometimes like to sit in my metaphorical recliner and savor life. A life where I am comfortable, a life where no one is going to cause me trauma or drama, a life where I can come and go as I please, do what I please, buy what I please without argument, smirks, looks of disgust or retaliation.

I think it possibly is a phemonemon of guys our age. Most of us have been married once or twice before, long term girlfriends, pussy whipped, beat down or done wrong and now it is like "NO MORE"

Why do I have a mental pic of Sally Field in Norma Raye? :confused:

That all being said, I am perfectly happy trudging along. My days of bending over backwards are over, done it, got kicked in the sack, got the t-shirt.

If I found some chick who was so much a match it was effortless, or I got so fond of her it felt effortless then cool.

Pete,
Thats is exactly what I am talking about. Men should not have to be put through that. On the other hand neither should women.

Not all women are bad. There are a lot of good women who are secure enough with themselves and their lives to not have to be so clingy or bitter.

I may not be pretty or thin but I ain't half bad and I have a good heart.
So hang in there.

bcp

In My Opinion
MMDad said:
Sorry babe, but I'm married now. I don't have permission to introduce women to the eye popping feeling. My wife tells me that she feels sorry for you.
but have you ever "hit" it so hard from behind that their teeth popped out and stuck in the headboard?
Or maybe I just need to stay away from the nursing homes.