The Good Wife

vraiblonde said:
Not me - men suck at casual sex unless it was their idea. And even if it *was* their idea and you simply say, fine by me (and mean it), then they'll get all insecure and start wanting to know "where the relationship is going".

:rolleyes:
:yikes: Take it back... say it isn't so...:smack:

J

julz20684

Fat Momma said:
The key to a happy marrige is held by both the husband and the wife. I think I agree with most of what you said though. Some women expect to be saved by this Knight in shining armour but once that has passed then what?
Then you have the DIVA's in the world that think the men are only there to pay 100& attention to them and treat them as if they are God'd gift to man.

Being able to share things and know when to step away for some "me time" is so important. AND while I am ranting I hate those couples who sit in the booth at a resteraunt and the women insists on sitting right beside the guy when there is a perfectly good seat across from him....as if she could not crawl up his ass anymore, same thing with a pick up truck......Closesness is grand but to the point of being stuck up someones butt.

Okay I am done.

I agree, it shouldn't be up to just the woman to make or break the relationship. It's a 50/50 deal, granted I realize there are times when one gives a little more and the other takes a little more and knows it will be reciprocated.

I'm not at all saying any one person should give up who they are and contantly be in demand for the other's attention, that's just ridiculous. I'm talking about the things that matter.

I don't want a savior and I don't want to be up anyone's ass or vice versa. We all do things for our loved ones we don't always want to do and there are times we do things at times that really aren't convenient at that moment. But the effort in relationships is just that, making that effort and it's called compromise.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
vraiblonde said:
Not me - men suck at casual sex unless it was their idea. And even if it *was* their idea and you simply say, fine by me (and mean it), then they'll get all insecure and start wanting to know "where the relationship is going".

:rolleyes:
I thought casual sex was ALWAYS the man's idea? :confused:

bresamil said:
It's okay. You don't have to pretend with me. :huggy:
You've got to be kidding. There is nothing wrong with a grown, independent woman being satisfied with casual sex. There is even a saying for it, "I want a man in my life, but not in my house." :shrug:

Pete

Repete
julz20684 said:
I agree, it shouldn't be up to just the woman to make or break the relationship. It's a 50/50 deal, granted I realize there are times when one gives a little more and the other takes a little more and knows it will be reciprocated.

I'm not at all saying any one person should give up who they are and contantly be in demand for the other's attention, that's just ridiculous. I'm talking about the things that matter.

I don't want a savior and I don't want to be up anyone's ass or vice versa. We all do things for our loved ones we don't always want to do and there are times we do things at times that really aren't convenient at that moment. But the effort in relationships is just that, making that effort and it's called compromise.
To quote Lewis Grizzard, world renowned author and great American "She tore out my heart and stomped that sucker flat" is a trauma many men remember for a long time. After the second time sometimes you come to the realization "It just aint worth it." At 42, after being dead broke, despondent, sleepless, ashamed, and in agony I sometimes like to sit in my metaphorical recliner and savor life. A life where I am comfortable, a life where no one is going to cause me trauma or drama, a life where I can come and go as I please, do what I please, buy what I please without argument, smirks, looks of disgust or retaliation.

I think it possibly is a phemonemon of guys our age. Most of us have been married once or twice before, long term girlfriends, pussy whipped, beat down or done wrong and now it is like "NO MORE"

Why do I have a mental pic of Sally Field in Norma Raye? :confused:

That all being said, I am perfectly happy trudging along. My days of bending over backwards are over, done it, got kicked in the sack, got the t-shirt.

If I found some chick who was so much a match it was effortless, or I got so fond of her it felt effortless then cool.

Last edited:

Vince

julz20684 said:
What I mean is at my age, most men I meet just don't want to invest in the time and effort it takes to be in a relationship; they want to do what they want when they want and that's it; basically they don't want to have to answer to anyone. And it's a shame that they think they have to "answer" to anyone.

I don't want them to think like me at all. I don't look at every dating experience as this is going to be a relationship, I've learned to look at it from a friendship first and see what happens deal. But it gets me thinking; when several times over the course of the year, I've heard from men that they just don't want to put forth any effort; is this what is left at this age...men who have no desire to want/make a relationship, compromise, etc.
The same can be said of alot of women too. They don't want to put any effort at all into a relationship, just coast along and leave when they find someone better.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
kwillia said:
You've got to be kidding. There is nothing wrong with a grown, independent woman being satisfied with casual sex. There is even a saying for it, "I want a man in my life, but not in my house." :shrug:
That's not what I was talking about. I was kidding Julz for saying she was generalizing.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Pete said:
To quote Lewis Grizzard, world renowned author and great American "She tore out my heart and stomped that sucker flat" is a trauma many men remember for a long time. After the second time sometimes you come to the realization "It just aint worth it." At 42, after being dead broke, despondent, sleepless, ashamed, and in agony I sometimes like to sit in my metaphorical recliner and savor life. A life where I am comfortable, a life where no one is going to cause me trauma or drama, a life where I can come and go as I please, do what I please, buy what I please without argument, smirks, looks of disgust or retaliation.

I think it possibly is a phemonemon of guys our age. Most of us have been married once or twice before, long term girlfriends, pussy whipped, beat down or done wrong and now it is like "NO MORE"

Why do I have a mental pic of Sally Field in Norma Raye? :confused:

That all being said, I am perfectly happy trudging along. My days of bending over backwards are over, done it, got kicked in the sack, got the t-shirt.

If I found some chick who was so much a match it was effortless, or I got so fond of her it felt effortless then cool.
Like I said earlier... I see the guy's point of view. :shrug: