The Masters

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm sorry...

jazz lady said:
my mom had it on when I went over there tonight and the bunker shot by Tim Clark on the 18th into the hole was absolutely amazing. :yay:

...would you mind repeating that? I didn't quite catch what you said...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I beg to differ...

Airgasm said:
Yo Larry, this is about Augusta...

You rule in GA., you have potential to rule anywhere!

Tommy Aaron. Crenshaw. Mize. Sandy Lyle. Mike Weir. Langer.

There's a number of guys who's only real claim to fame is the Masters. There's guys like Miller and Trevino and Weiskopf and Norman who are associated for never winning it, but, when you start winning other majors AND are a Masters champ, you're starting to truly rule.

At least in my mind.

Phil has a PGA and two green jackets. That's nice, he's a major winner but not a legend. Let him win the British or the US Open and then he's entering rarified air.

Watson. Palmer. Hogan. Nicklaus. Nelson. Snead. Seve. Tiger.

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
I'm sorry...
...would you mind repeating that? I didn't quite catch what you said...
I never said I didn't appreciate the finesse needed for golf. It's just not something I've been into nor would normally watch. :shrug: And I wouldn't have seen it at all except on the news sports highlights had it not been on at my mom's house. :razz:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

jazz lady said:
I never said I didn't appreciate the finesse needed for golf. It's just not something I've been into nor would normally watch. :shrug: And I wouldn't have seen it at all except on the news sports highlights had it not been on at my mom's house. :razz:

...at least mom has tried to culture you. That's all a good parent can do, try!

:razz:

Agee

Lg...

Great point, and yes the stats prove this out!

With Golf, if you're talented enough, lucky, and perhaps blessed, you get anyone of the majors, you rock... :cheers:

Larry Gude said:
Tommy Aaron. Crenshaw. Mize. Sandy Lyle. Mike Weir. Langer.

There's a number of guys who's only real claim to fame is the Masters. There's guys like Miller and Trevino and Weiskopf and Norman who are associated for never winning it, but, when you start winning other majors AND are a Masters champ, you're starting to truly rule.

At least in my mind.

Phil has a PGA and two green jackets. That's nice, he's a major winner but not a legend. Let him win the British or the US Open and then he's entering rarified air.

Watson. Palmer. Hogan. Nicklaus. Nelson. Snead. Seve. Tiger.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
If I were Sergio Garcia, I'd try to talk Ben Crenshaw into being my personal putting instructor. Granted, there were some yippy looking putts this weekend, but Sergio is consistently off the mark. I think Tiger's brain got in the way with his putting towards the end. He was struggling w/ distance with his irons and I think that spilled over into his putting. He was putting great in the early 4th, then after the turn we watched the wheels slowly come off. Couples has struggled with his putting for a while but he still has one of the nicest swings I've ever seen.