The Mixing Bowl...

slotted

CrashTest said:
This is classic behavior for this forum. The guy asks an honest question and within 10 minutes he’s mocked and slammed with vulgarities.
What do you know about classi Mr. June 2006?

CrashTest

PrepH4U said:
No here is classic behavior: here is two cents, go buy yourself a sense of humor! :jameo: :jameo:

You folks talking about lack of humor do not understand the difference between an informational message forum and a chat room.

Chat rooms are for humor. Message forums are for gleaning useful information. This is not a chat room.

It’s basic Internet 101

PrepH4U

CrashTest said:
You folks talking about lack of humor do not understand the difference between an informational message forum and a chat room.

Chat rooms are for humor. Message forums are for gleaning useful information. This is not a chat room.

It’s basic Internet 101

Oh silly me! I must have missed the heading on top that said informational forum! :whistle:

morganj614

CrashTest said:

It’s basic Internet 101

:jameo: internet police. internet police :jameo: run for your lives :yikes:

slotted

CrashTest said:

It’s basic Internet 101
:bendover,removestick:

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
CrashTest said:
Some of you guys should look into stuff like this. Thread hijacking may not be as humorous as you think.

In other words, not everybody things you're funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_Hijacking
:smack: Get Over Yourself!
Do you know how many thread that would turn into....

Thread hijacking is the act of taking a forum discussion thread off topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand.

While this can be an intentional act of trolling, it is often accidental - caused by other participants in the discussion responding to a throwaway remark, taking the thread off at a tangent to the original subject matter. The results, whilst often humourous, often extract a feeling of resentment from the author of the post.

Many people find that they are scolded on a list or newsgroup for thread hijacking despite the fact that they changed the subject line, which would seem to them to create a new thread. Most news and mail readers use other headers such as References: to track and build the thread of messages by message ID, and changing the subject line does not change the actual threading. Therefore, one should always compose a new (and therefore reference-free) message when changing topics. Alternatively one can start a new thread for the new topic and link to the previous thread.

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
CrashTest said:
Some of you guys should look into stuff like this. Thread hijacking may not be as humorous as you think.

In other words, not everybody things you're funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_Hijacking
Let me get this straight:

After three weeks on this forum, you are telling people "how it's supposed to work."

Have you ever considered the fact that you are an arogant ass?

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
MMDad said:

After three weeks on this forum, you are telling people "how it's supposed to work."

:clap:

:popcorn:

CrashTest

MMDad said:

Nope – “REAL” forums have moderators who delete off-topic posts.

slotted

CrashTest said:
You mean there are forum Nazi's worse than Vrai? You know what? That crazy biatch even made this one of the smilies. :offtopic: WTF?

You should go post on the DU!

Last edited:

mainman

Set Trippin
CrashTest said:
Stay on topic please or start a "staying on topic/thread hijacking" thread...

Thank you....

MMDad

Lem Putt
CrashTest said:
In other words, "real" forums would have booted your ignorant ass long ago, right? Unless, of course, you can tell me how your sniveling has anything to do with the original question?

slotted

MMDad said:
In other words, "real" forums would have booted your ignorant ass long ago, right? Unless, of course, you can tell me how your sniveling has anything to do with the original question?
mainman said:
Stay on topic please or start a "staying on topic/thread hijacking" thread...

Thank you....

:geeze: Tough Crowd. Like father, like son, I guess. It's like a big mixing bowl.

Staying on topic,
Slotted

CrashTest

You folks think a message forum is a chat room. Obviously you folks have never been members of an actual “message forum” where “rules” apply and they’re enforced.

Don’t tell me I’m a nube to SOMD and that things are different here in SOMD. That’s B.S. I’ve lived in SOMD longer than most of you folks and the only rules that don’t apply are rules to this forum because there are none.

The “major” internet forums have moderators who actually show up for work.

A “major”” internet forum works this way…

1 - Post off-topic and it gets deleted.

2 - Keep doing it and you get suspended.

3 - Keep doing it more and more and you get expelled.

Rules 1 thru 3 are how "real" internet forums work. Real internet forums do not tolerate off-topic posts or hijacking.

I know there’s not much room for rumor in those rules above but as I stated already, message forums are not necessarily for humor – they are for information. Chat rooms are for humor.

Leaving a forum unmodedrated like this one is not the fault of the members – it’s the fault of the moderators (or lack of). It’s kind of like leaving a class of 2nd graders without a teacher. In a short amount of time, the room of 2nd graders are gonna be out of control. That’s exactly what’s going on here.

slotted

CrashTest said:
You folks think a message forum is a chat room. Obviously you folks have never been members of an actual “message forum” where “rules” apply and they’re enforced.

Don’t tell me I’m a nube to SOMD and that things are different here in SOMD. That’s B.S. I’ve lived in SOMD longer than most of you folks and the only rules that don’t apply are rules to this forum because there are none.

The “major” internet forums have moderators who actually show up for work.

A “major”” internet forum works this way…

1 - Post off-topic and it gets deleted.

2 - Keep doing it and you get suspended.

3 - Keep doing it more and more and you get expelled.

Rules 1 thru 3 are how "real" internet forums work. Real internet forums do not tolerate off-topic posts or hijacking.

I know there’s not much room for rumor in those rules above but as I stated already, message forums are not necessarily for humor – they are for information. Chat rooms are for humor.

Leaving a forum unmodedrated like this one is not the fault of the members – it’s the fault of the moderators (or lack of). It’s kind of like leaving a class of 2nd graders without a teacher. In a short amount of time, the room of 2nd graders are gonna be out of control. That’s exactly what’s going on here.
STFU and stop whining. Effing Christ. I THING you should start your own forum if you want to run it like a gulag. Now, LGBOTMEF'r

You should be banned for taking this thread off topic. :rolleyes:

Last edited: