The New Star 98.3 The Best of the 80's, 90's and Today

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
huntr1 said:
98.3 needs a backup generator for when the power is out.

How hard would it be to get streaming audio online?

Station needs a website.
do any of the locals have streaming audio online?

Pushrod

Patriot
Moondog, Good luck! It can be a tuff audience down here, but I think your getting off on the right foot. Get a good rapport going in the morning and you'll do fine!

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Moondog Michael said:
Hello..

I wanted to update those who care..@ 6:39pm tonight The NEW Star was Born..BEFORE you flip out and send the Nasty e-mails and make fun of my Parents..This is what the folks around here seemed to want. I have been here in Maryland for two weeks now, and had the chance to speak with people from all over.. The 60's and 70's where great, the music from that era set the bar for future artists. I'm 39, and I think a great Mix of 80's and 90's and those who are making music today really make for a Great sounding station. There are NO consultants, NO outside influence.. We will play Music that does not suck. Sorry, No Rap..

OK, we are working out the rough spots now, I decided to wait a few days to start the Morning show, getting the Music right is my first concern. Now, with all of this said, give me a few days to iron out the rough spots..then start your hate mail. I hope you will listen, We are building this station for Southern Maryland.

PEACE !!
Moon :elaine:

SPAM?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
nomoney said:
You know rose, if there is too much drama with this sister deal- I play softball so I know I could hook you up with quite a few lesbians. :yay:

I can go to JCPenney's too. :yay:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
Looks like Boo managed to "behave" somewhat in this thread... :popcorn:
Probably some nasty old troll hoping for some chick on chick sex because that is the closest thing he's gonna get IRL.

Toxick

Splat
Moondog Michael said:
I think a great Mix of 80's and 90's and those who are making music today really make for a Great sounding station.

I do too. I hope you're not going to be a 107.3 clone though. Maybe something a little bit edgier, instead of things like U2, Sister Hazel and Sheryl Crow all the live-long day. The "music that everyone can agree on - even the boss" music.

I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Rock and roll baby! :dude:

Moondog Michael said:
We will play Music that does not suck.

Great!

Moondog Michael said:
Sorry, No Rap..

You didn't have to say it twice.

Katt

Toxick said:
I do too. I hope you're not going to be a 107.3 clone though. Maybe something a little bit edgier, instead of things like U2, Sister Hazel and Sheryl Crow all the live-long day. The "music that everyone can agree on - even the boss" music.

I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Rock and roll baby! :dude:

Great!

You didn't have to say it twice.

:yeahthat: Oh, and BTW... Back off all the "Madonna" crap. :barf: If I wanna hear that music, I'd move over to 107.3 "mess" Mix. How about a morsel of 80s, a small portion of 90's and and heaping helping of Today's music? Just a thought. This morning I woke up at 5:35 to the screeching sounds of Madonna's gag "music" song. (forget the real name, sorry) I turned off the radio asap.

Hessian

When I think of 80's...

I think of the "Wedding Singer"---the clips they have in there are hilarious.
Clash, Tubes,..Level 42 (yes that is a group)
I cringe when I hear Billy Idol....especially with my daughter around.
(holy cow...I actually know some of the words!!)
David Bowie?? Talking Heads? Tom Petty? Men At work?

It would be a fun gig to do the top Ten list of each year of the 80's...and mix them in with the daily line-up.

I was listening this morning--didn't hear anything remarkable.
(6:40-7 am....)

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Hessian said:
I think of the "Wedding Singer"---the clips they have in there are hilarious.
Clash, Tubes,..Level 42 (yes that is a group)
I cringe when I hear Billy Idol....especially with my daughter around.
(holy cow...I actually know some of the words!!)
David Bowie?? Talking Heads? Tom Petty? Men At work?

It would be a fun gig to do the top Ten list of each year of the 80's...and mix them in with the daily line-up.

I was listening this morning--didn't hear anything remarkable.
(6:40-7 am....)

I'm listening to Level 42 right now. :yay:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
nomoney said:
You know rose, if there is too much drama with this sister deal- I play softball so I know I could hook you up with quite a few lesbians. :yay:

There's a lesbian softball league in the county? :shrug: