The persecution has begun

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2ndAmendment said:
That just does not make any sense at all. I will attempt to be kinder and gentler without sacrificing what I know as Truth.
As my old Gran used to say, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Not that I, personally, live by that but...what the heck. :shrug: :lol:

Spoiled

2ndAmendment said:
You asked for a quote from the New Testament. There are others in Revelation where God sends war on the earth. Most of the direction of God to wage war is found in the Old Testament.

Like I said, I don't think war is a good thing. I do know it does and will happen.
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbour and hate your enemy'. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matth.5:43-45

He tell us what to do

"Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron sceptre. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty." Rev.19:11-21

He says what he will do

2 things... very different... one is for the people to do, one is what HE will do...

Last edited:

POOH

Ugly women send me karma.
The problem I have with religious fanatics is they want to change what you believe in 100% at times, but then when you give your point of view they can’t begin to change 1% of what they believe. They are so sure it is their way only and their god the way they see it period. So why would I want to listen to someone who is so close minded to think that they are 100% sure they are going to heaven and I am going to hell.

and yes 2ndA you come across as a fanatic

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Spoiled said:
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbour and hate your enemy'. But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." Matth.5:43-45

He tell us what to do

"Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron sceptre. He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty." Rev.19:11-21

He says what he will do

2 things... very different... one is for the people to do, one if what HE will do...
Amen. But like Jesus said there will be wars. Hate, mistrust, and just general nastiness is in human nature since a little fruit eating event.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
POOH said:
The problem I have with religious fanatics is they want to change what you believe in 100% at times, but then when you give your point of view they can’t begin to change 1% of what they believe. They are so sure it is their way only and their god the way they see it period. So why would I want to listen to someone who is so close minded to think that they are 100% sure they are going to heaven and I am going to hell.

and yes 2ndA you come across as a fanatic
I am a fanatic for God. Thank you.

I can't change anyone. That is like people getting married with one or the other one thinking that they'll change the other one. Doesn't happen. I do and will present scripture straight and uncut from the Bible. Some believe. Some don't. Some like it. Some don't. When you really become a Christian you will change. The Holy Spirit does it. God is an all consuming fire. He will refine His people like gold. Gold is refined with fire and great heat to burn up the impurities.

God bless you with what you need for your life.

POOH

2ndAmendment said:
God bless you with what you need for your life.

I think its too late. I must be going to hell GOD just gave me bad karma :lmao:

The persecution has begun 01-10-2005 04:22 PM ~GOD

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I have new respect for Bill O'Reilly:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/inpublic.asp

Yet even if their assessment of homosexuality as a sin is accurate, is heckling the right way to go about bringing at-risk souls to Jesus? Or does a good act performed evilly itself become evil? Others are clearly also pondering that question, as evidenced by these comments from veteran newsman Bill O'Reilly, who said the following during a January 2005 interview with Brian Fahling and Chuck Volz, lawyers representing both sides of the legal matters facing the remaing four defendants:

But I still — I'm still very troubled, Mr. Fahling, with all due respect. I don't know whether this kind of a confrontation serves Christianity by telling somebody they're going to go to hell, that they're an abomination.

We're all Americans here. You may disagree with their lifestyle, you may think it's sinful, but to go in and to confront somebody in that fashion seems to me to be overly aggressive and anti-Christian.

Exactly! :clap: It's almost like telling the presumed sinner, "God hates you, so why don't you just kill yourself now, you worthless piece of crap?"

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
I have new respect for Bill O'Reilly:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/inpublic.asp

Exactly! :clap: It's almost like telling the presumed sinner, "God hates you, so why don't you just kill yourself now, you worthless piece of crap?"
If that is what they said, you are right. I don't think that is what they were doing, but I was not there. There is no doubt that the Bible says God hates sin and there is no doubt that the Bible says that God punished Sodom and Gomorrah for homosexual immorality. There is no doubt that the Bible states that homosexuality is an abomination to God.
Leviticus 18:22
22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
God loves everyone He every created.
John 3:16
16"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
But God sets standards we are to accept the foremost of which is to accept Him as Jesus as Savior and Lord. Beyond that we are to be obedient to Him in all things not to be saved but because we love Him.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
2ndAmendment said:
God loves everyone He every created.
I understand that. Do you understand that my beef is not with the Bible but with the actions of some Christians?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Tonio said:
Do you understand that my beef is not with the Bible but with the actions of some Christians?
But if Christians are following the Bible, and you have a disagreement with them, then you have a beef with the Bible.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
But if Christians are following the Bible, and you have a disagreement with them, then you have a beef with the Bible.
I'm saying that some Christians are selectively quoting the Bible to suit their personal agendas.

POOH

vraiblonde said:
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>
SOME Christians aren’t following the bible. They are just quoting parts of it that THEY interpret to mean what THEY what it to mean. The bible has so many contradicting things in it that you could find a quote for ANY subject or topic. And no this is not aimed at you 2ndA, so don’t get you panties in a bunch. It’s aimed at many so called Christians I have met. <o:p></o:p>

POOH

Tonio said:
I'm saying that some Christians are selectively quoting the Bible to suit their personal agendas.
Thats what I was going to say before you said it before me . :lmao:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
POOH said:
SOME Christians aren’t following the bible. They are just quoting parts of it that THEY interpret to mean what THEY what it to mean. The bible has so many contradicting things in it that you could find a quote for ANY subject or topic. And no this is not aimed at you 2ndA, so don’t get you panties in a bunch. It’s aimed at many so called Christians I have met.
I agree that many people call themselves Christian but do not follow the Bible. I also agree that some Christians do quote the Bible out of context; that is why I usually quote scripture in context rather than a single verse. I disagree that the Bible ever contradicts itself as long as the scriptures are taken in context.

And I don't wear panties. :wink:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6800642/site/newsweek/

Letter to Newsweek:

Like Anna Quindlen, I am amazed by the lack of empathy my fellow Christians show to followers of other faiths in this country ("The Spirit of the Season," Jan. 3). Christ was executed for preaching a minority faith, dozens of saints were martyred for spreading it, the Pilgrims were exiled for following it, and yet we begrudge today's minority religions the respect that was denied to us so long ago. We've survived a legacy of arrests and executions and back-door prayer meetings in ancient Rome, the Soviet Union and the Middle East, yet we have the gall to play the victim in America, claiming that Christmas has been banned when there's a tree in every store, carols on every radio station and "very special" Christmas episodes on TV. We have extraordinary freedom in America. We're free to celebrate openly in our homes, in our yards, at our churches; we have concerts and vacations at our schools; even the White House itself has an enormous tree. Must we turn this time of love and good will into an opportunity to ostracize non-believers? Let's keep the Christ in Christmas and start loving our neighbors enough to include them in our joy, whatever holidays they observe.

Steve Anderson
Mechanicsburg, Pa.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio, everyone should have their right to follow whatever their religion or lack thereof may be. I have the right to not agree just as they may disagree with me.

What I object to is minorities of all kinds, religion, political, etc., trying to force others to stop observing whatever they observe because it offends them. This probably says it best regarding religion vs atheism.
"The First Amendment...does not say that in every respect there shall be a separation of Church and State. ... Otherwise the state and religion would be aliens to each other -- hostile, suspicious, and even unfriendly. ... The state may not establish a 'religion of secularism' in the sense of affirmatively opposing or showing hostility to religion, thus preferring those who believe in no religion over those who do believe." --Justice William Douglas
And I think its lesson applys in all instances.

I would not try to prevent a Muslim from putting down a prayer rug and praying anywhere including school, court house, or public park. I don't think they should prevent Christians from having a Nativity scene or Ten Commandments (Jewish and Christian) in school, court house, or public park. When I was in Turkey, the call to prayer was quite evident. I did not participate. If there is public Christian prayer, non-Christians do not have to participate. I stood quietly and respectfully; they can too.

If the news reports are to be believed, the New York City schools allowed the Muslim crescent, Jewish menorah, and the Kwanzaa candles, but prohibited even pictures of a Nativity scene. That is a problem.

Last edited: