the power

Oh yeah... "lesson learned" tidbit from the '94 ice storm long outages... If you have electric stoves, check to be sure they are OFF. I recall many homes catching fire after electric had been restored and the homeowners were away due to the longevity of the outage. They had been cooking at the time of the outage and didn't think to turn off the stoves.

Natron0915

Lowes has (or had) Genny's

Happened into Lowes around 11:00 today for a part for my trailer and noticed people coming out with generators. Lo and behold they had a semi trailer load of 5000 Watt Centurions still being unloaded. Don't kinow if there's any left but one ended up in my truck. Started on first pull and has been running ever since.

Been out of power here in Hollywood since 8:00 Saturday night...who knows when we'll get back on but at least have some lights and TV for tonite along with a cold freezer.

Regarding SMECO Outage Reporting

I just called mine in (just had a feeling that everyone else in the area may have thought someone else made a call....) and the operator indicated that it is important to call so EACH HOUSE or business is reported, not just the general area. This is important to the repair crews.

So, if you haven't called for your own house, please call.
Customers should call 1-877-74-SMECO to report outages (that is 1-877-747-6326).

John Z

if you will
I gotta say I'm impressed with SMECO. After our entire neighborhood came back online yesterday morning and my house was still down (due to a tree that hit the powerline that comes from the street to our house), they came this morning and got us back online :yay:.

nobody really

I need a nap
Bg&e

A small portion of Northeast Calvert has BG&E. first the website said 2-3 weeks, now they are saying saturday. I hope so.

dgates80

Land of the lost
I was in Lowes, when the gennys showed up. I was there for a different reason, I did not need a generator. It was NUTS. One guy bought one and then sold it in the parking lot, for a hefty profit I am sure. What a sleaze ball. Made the buyer (who I don't blame a BIT) go get cash from an ATM. Lowes called the cops but it was done and done before they showed up.

Talked to a manager (I did not need one) and they have sold over 1000 generators! They are shipping them in as fast as they can get their hands on them.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
One guy bought one and then sold it in the parking lot, for a hefty profit I am sure. What a sleaze ball. Made the buyer (who I don't blame a BIT) go get cash from an ATM. Lowes called the cops but it was done and done before they showed up.
What law did he break? :confused:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
I just called mine in (just had a feeling that everyone else in the area may have thought someone else made a call....) and the operator indicated that it is important to call so EACH HOUSE or business is reported, not just the general area. This is important to the repair crews.

So, if you haven't called for your own house, please call.
Customers should call 1-877-74-SMECO to report outages (that is 1-877-747-6326).

I called the next day - knowing they would be swamped, I didn't expect a fast response, I just wanted to let them know we existed in the vast wasteland.

officeguy

I called the next day - knowing they would be swamped, I didn't expect a fast response, I just wanted to let them know we existed in the vast wasteland.

They prioritize crew assignments by the number of households without power off a particular feeder. That way, they can get those unsightly numbers of dark homes down quickly. Call early.

dgates80

Land of the lost
What law did he break? :confused:

Didn't break a "law", just being a total prickly bustard and a total azz and a fick-tard, only just short of being deserving a .38 in the head. A absoloute opportunist. Scum of the earth. Hope he gets lice. Hope he DIES from lice and tick nfestation.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Didn't break a "law", just being a total prickly bustard and a total azz and a fick-tard, only just short of being deserving a .38 in the head. A absoloute opportunist. Scum of the earth. Hope he gets lice. Hope he DIES from lice and tick nfestation.

With mange on top.