The Real Friday Thread

belvak

Happy Camper
:frown:

Can you guys come down to Tall Timbers on Sunday? There's a picnic and 25th Hour Band is playing. Plus you can bring Georgia Mae - I already cleared it with Melissa for Apollo.

Hmmmmmmm. I'll see if I can talk the other half into it. Like Wenchy said, what time?

What time Sunday? We would have two 15 year old boys (ugh) in tow. For the most part they are well behaved in public.

They can keep the dog(s) occupied! :lol:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
So ive never been to the place. Are they a seafood joint? And what would yall recommend?
They have seafod and steaks. They have a creole shrimp pasta dish that is spicy and :yum:

(And does mabus really go to these things and be a creeper?)
His statement not ours.

Oh, but I have. The view is best enjoyed from afar.
Post 37 http://forums.somd.com/life-southern-maryland/253646-pit-bull-attack-2-children.html#post4907261

Vince

For those not familiar, the physical location is Compton. Leonardtown is the mailing address.
Take a left on 243 towards Breton Bay out of Leonardtown on rt. 5. Not 234 to Clements. Hang a left on Joe Hazel Rd. Never been there, but the place looks very familiar. Check it out on the map and facebook.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Take a left on 243 towards Breton Bay out of Leonardtown on rt. 5. Not 234 to Clements. Hang a left on Joe Hazel Rd. Never been there, but the place looks very familiar. Check it out on the map and facebook.
Correct. Joe Hazel Rd. is about a quarter mile past Back Road Inn on the left.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Isn't this where the Old Harbor View used to be?
Yes. You'll pass the old Harbor View on the left just before you get to Fitzies. You can't see it because they built two homes in front of it.

Joe Hazel road ends at Fitzies parking lot.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Back in the day, Fitzies was called "Dock O the Bay"

Got a major facelift after Isabel.

Harbor View is still there but is no longer an operating business; the owner has a few private events there.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Harbor View is still there but is no longer an operating business; the owner has a few private events there.
You coming Friday?

Vince

Now the memory returns. Used to hang out in that area when I was a youngster. Friends lived right across the road from the Harbor View. I know the waters in that area very well, or I used to know them. A lot has probably changed in 30 years.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Now the memory returns. Used to hang out in that area when I was a youngster. Friends lived right across the road from the Harbor View. I know the waters in that area very well, or I used to know them. A lot has probably changed in 30 years.

Not much really. Its still shallow approaching Fitzies docks..like its always been. Its still tricky getting through the entrance of Combs Creek..like its always been.

There is still a pound net near the mouth of the bay to hit at night. Like there has always been.:whistle: