the Ruddy Duck

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
It looks like we are heading that way but we will be a little late. Tyky is trying to find somewhere to stash the kids for an hour or so.

Beta if you want to ride with us thats cool. We are not staying real late. Just getting some food and a beer or two. It's a school night. :killingme

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
It looks like we are heading that way but we will be a little late. Tyky is trying to find somewhere to stash the kids for an hour or so.

Beta if you want to ride with us thats cool. We are not staying real late. Just getting some food and a beer or two. It's a school night. :killingme

Can you find a place to stash my kids too?

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
Overall the Place is pretty good. I must say I was very impressed at what they have going on only 2 days into being open to the public. The food was good, service was good and the beers weren't bad. They only had 2 types of thier own brewed and hope to have more. I am a hard person to please with fancy beers but I can say "Well Done"

I think we all had a good time and good experience. I plan on being back again real soon.

Last but not least, Beta's Pizza looked good. I am going for that next time.

tyky

eieio
Overall the Place is pretty good. I must say I was very impressed at what they have going on only 2 days into being open to the public. The food was good, service was good and the beers weren't bad. They only had 2 types of thier own brewed and hope to have more. I am a hard person to please with fancy beers but I can say "Well Done"

I think we all had a good time and good experience. I plan on being back again real soon.

Last but not least, Beta's Pizza looked good. I am going for that next time.

My crabcake sandwich was very good too :yay:

Beta84

They're out to get us
lets see...for starters, they only opened yesterday so we expect alot of the small stuff will be improved as they get used to operating.

They're still working on their beer, so if you don't like it, don't be discouraged for future visits. The Belgian Whit (?) really needs an orange wedge so if they don't give you one, just ask (and they should consider always serving it since it's like a Blue Moon anyway).

Wings were pretty good. Spinach artichoke dip was good. Pizza was great. Burger seemed a little dry. French fries were good. Mixed opinion on the crab cakes i think, but there was a comment that they needed some more flavor.

The atmosphere was fun. It's kinda loud, which isn't a problem for the type of place it is. They were trying to put on some music but all it really did was add to the noise and you couldn't make it out anyway. They should probably only consider that when it's less crowded.

Overall, our group of 7 had a good time and we'd all go back and try it again. Honestly, I'd probably enjoy going there even if nothing changed...but I have a feeling things will improve once they get things clicking. A little pricey, but not outrageous.

Owner seems like a really nice guy and the help staff was friendly too. We got there at 5:30 when it was pretty empty, but it was jammed by 6-6:30. Everyone should go check them out, we had a good time :buddies:

Last edited:

LusbyMom

lets see...for starters, they only opened yesterday so we expect alot of the small stuff will be improved as they get used to operating.

They're still working on their beer, so if you don't like it, don't be discouraged for future visits. The Belgian Whit (?) really needs an orange wedge so if they don't give you one, just ask (and they should consider always serving it since it's like a Blue Moon anyway).

Wings were pretty good. Ribs weren't that great. Spinach artichoke dip was good. Pizza was great. Burger seemed a little dry. French fries were good. Mixed opinion on the crab cakes i think, but there was a comment that they needed some more flavor.

The atmosphere was fun. It's kinda loud, which isn't a problem for the type of place it is. They were trying to put on some music but all it really did was add to the noise and you couldn't make it out anyway. They should probably only consider that when it's less crowded.

Overall, our group of 8 had a good time and we'd all go back and try it again. Honestly, I'd probably enjoy going there even if nothing changed...but I have a feeling things will improve once they get things clicking. A little pricey, but not outrageous.

Owner seems like a really nice guy and the help staff was friendly too. We got there at 5:30 when it was pretty empty, but it was jammed by 6-6:30. Everyone should go check them out, we had a good time :buddies:

OMG BETA YOU ATE ALL THAT FOOD!!! YOU PIG!

Last edited:

tyky

eieio

Wings were pretty good. Ribs weren't that great (I think I heard not very tender). Spinach artichoke dip was good. Pizza was great. Burger seemed a little dry. French fries were good. Mixed opinion on the crab cakes i think, but there was a comment that they needed some more flavor.

Overall, our group of 8 had a good time and we'd all go back and try it again. Honestly, I'd probably enjoy going there even if nothing changed...but I have a feeling things will improve once they get things clicking. A little pricey, but not outrageous.

good gawd that was al lot of typing

Beta84

They're out to get us
OMG BETA YOU ATE ALL THAT FOOD!!! YOU PIG!
I was waiting for that comment :lmao: actually I ate pizza, 1 wing, and a lil bit of the dip...plus the one beer. Overall all of my food was GREAT. But I guess some of the rest of u were a lil critical :razz:

good gawd that was al lot of typing
dn would be disappointed if I didn't live up to his expectations!

cdsulhoff

Here Carlos,

Yes today Monday was our first day open, we tried to sneak open to practice a bit more before our First Grand opening Wednesday the 10th. Every day after that will be like a new Grand opening!!! So don't rush in, we want you to be able to experience "The Duck" without long waits and in a relax atmosphere.
On Wednesday California Bob will be playing starting at 8pm.
Are you Ruddy???
We have our Golden Ale and Belgium wheat on tap and some guest beers. In two weeks we'll have at least 5 of our beers ready. The menu is looking great.
Please let us know if you don't like something or if you are not 100% comfortable with the service. We want lo learn from you so you can have a wonderfull experience!!!
See you
Carlos

Carlos,

I have to say I had 2 of your appetizer and dinner, Both app were good. First, I had the Chili nacho. OK Can I say 2 Thumbs up on using the homemade Potato chips. Yummo! I prefer a tad bit more cheese.LOL Other than that the was really good. I also had the Calamari. They were cook perfectly. Nothing worst than overcook rubber that some people try to pass as calamari! I do think you should have another sauce to go along with the Marinara, like a refreshing lemon and basil sauce.
I know the servers are still learning. Which I over looked that. The two different servers I had both were very tentative to me and my friend the first time and me and my hubby the second time I was in there. I do however have to say the only complaint I have is the PRICE of a rail rum and coke. I was charge $20 for 2 rum and coke that both were rail. Now I bartended at Jake and Als and our rail rum is no more than $5. On happy hour its even cheaper. Having your Drinks so high is going to hurt! People do not like paying $10 per drink especially a rail one If it was top shelf then I would expect that.
Other than that I say So far so good!! Very friendly staff, and the food came out looking good and at a very good time. I been to many place where I waited over an hour for food on their first day open. So I wish you the best and hope to see those shepherds pie on the menu soon and the shrimp po boys ( Being I'm a Cajun girl) ....

Oh yeah Love the atmosphere! My hubby loved the colors and pattern you choose for the booths. Love the Light blue on the darker wood. And I want that clock!!!

LusbyMom

I was waiting for that comment :lmao: actually I ate pizza, 1 wing, and a lil bit of the dip...plus the one beer. Overall all of my food was GREAT. But I guess some of the rest of u were a lil critical :razz:

dn would be disappointed if I didn't live up to his expectations!

You wanted more dip.... to bad NAD claimed it... I know you were hoping for no one to want it :lol:

I am not to critical... geez jerk

Black-Francis

Carlos,
I do however have to say the only complaint I have is the PRICE of a rail rum and coke. I was charge $20 for 2 rum and coke that both were rail. Now I bartended at Jake and Als and our rail rum is no more than $5. On happy hour its even cheaper. Having your Drinks so high is going to hurt! People do not like paying $10 per drink especially a rail one If it was top shelf then I would expect that.
!!!

$10 per drink is absurd!

Beta84

They're out to get us
You wanted more dip.... to bad NAD claimed it... I know you were hoping for no one to want it :lol:

I am not to critical... geez jerk

you didn't like your ribs! and yeah i definitely woulda finished that dip if nad didn't take it...but hey, I already had a fair share and wanted to make sure nobody else wanted it. He did so it was ok. Saved me room for some fries :lol: