the Ruddy Duck

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
you didn't like your ribs! and yeah i definitely woulda finished that dip if nad didn't take it...but hey, I already had a fair share and wanted to make sure nobody else wanted it. He did so it was ok. Saved me room for some fries :lol:

I never said I didn't like them! :smack:

cdsulhoff

$10 per drink is absurd!

I am assuming That this will change after the place being open for a while! Hoping it was a Glitch in the computer system! LOL I should of said somthing while I was there.

I had the Spinach and Artichoke dip as well. No one thought it was too cream cheesy! Had a good flavor to it. But I thought it should of had more Spinach and Artichoke in it! The Focaccia bread they had with it was REALLY GOOD!

My hubby had the Chiopino he said that was good! He would get that again. I had the Salmon it was good also! I would get that again as well.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
My review

Okay MY review as I saw things :lol:

Ruddy Duck was very nice inside. The waitresses did a pretty good job especially for it being only Day 2.

I had a half of rack of ribs. They were a little dry but they weren't bad.. just not the greatest I have had. My hubby had the crabcake dinner and he said it was pretty good but the crabcakes could have used more flavor and I tasted some and agree. It was good they weren't full of fillers and the price was pretty decent... I wasn't sure how much they would be since the menu listed market price.

The service was good, the food didn't take forever to come out. I don't drink beer so I can't give an opinion on that.

Overall I was very impressed with how the meal went. Normally the first days in restaurants don't go so good but Ruddy Duck seem to be doing very well. It was nice that Carlos came around to the tables and talked to everyone and got their opinions.

We will definitely be back!

Beta84

They're out to get us
Okay MY review as I saw things :lol:

Ruddy Duck was very nice inside. The waitresses did a pretty good job especially for it being only Day 2.

I had a half of rack of ribs. They were a little dry but they weren't bad.. just not the greatest I have had. My hubby had the crabcake dinner and he said it was pretty good but the crabcakes could have used more flavor and I tasted some and agree. It was good they weren't full of fillers and the price was pretty decent... I wasn't sure how much they would be since the menu listed market price.

The service was good, the food didn't take forever to come out. I don't drink beer so I can't give an opinion on that.

Overall I was very impressed with how the meal went. Normally the first days in restaurants don't go so good but Ruddy Duck seem to be doing very well. It was nice that Carlos came around to the tables and talked to everyone and got their opinions.

We will definitely be back!

The food was very quick, but we were among the first to order. It may have taken longer for some people who got there later.

RUDDY DUCK OWNER --> any chance you can post up your hours here? We were tryin to figure out if you're open for lunch. and i just remembered...i need to look for you guys on facebook!

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Carlos,

I have to say I had 2 of your appetizer and dinner, Both app were good. First, I had the Chili nacho. OK Can I say 2 Thumbs up on using the homemade Potato chips. Yummo! I prefer a tad bit more cheese.LOL Other than that the was really good. I also had the Calamari. They were cook perfectly. Nothing worst than overcook rubber that some people try to pass as calamari! I do think you should have another sauce to go along with the Marinara, like a refreshing lemon and basil sauce.
I know the servers are still learning. Which I over looked that. The two different servers I had both were very tentative to me and my friend the first time and me and my hubby the second time I was in there. I do however have to say the only complaint I have is the PRICE of a rail rum and coke. I was charge $20 for 2 rum and coke that both were rail. Now I bartended at Jake and Als and our rail rum is no more than $5. On happy hour its even cheaper. Having your Drinks so high is going to hurt! People do not like paying $10 per drink especially a rail one If it was top shelf then I would expect that.
Other than that I say So far so good!! Very friendly staff, and the food came out looking good and at a very good time. I been to many place where I waited over an hour for food on their first day open. So I wish you the best and hope to see those shepherds pie on the menu soon and the shrimp po boys ( Being I'm a Cajun girl) ....

Oh yeah Love the atmosphere! My hubby loved the colors and pattern you choose for the booths. Love the Light blue on the darker wood. And I want that clock!!!

They were tentative??

cdsulhoff

They were tentative??

HA! attentive!!

Actually one of my server was tentative! The first one was on top of her stuff. My second server, not so much! You could tell she was nervous. Very uncertain of her-self and the menu. but she did make sure my drink was full at all time and that is a big plus for me!

John Z

if you will
Awesome; they have growlers. :yay:

I am hoping us folks who signed up for their club don't have to go tonight to get the free beer (though I do want to go, it will probably be a bit crazy tonight).

Also, the email alerting us about the opening say their two beers are "a Golden Ale and a Belgium Wheat Ale". Their website shows 8 beers, and none of them fit the descriptions of the two supposedly on tap. :eyebrow:

And what is the deal with those stupid duck characters on their website (Ruddy's Rowdies)? There's the cool duck, the slicky duck, the biker duck, the slutty duck, the class clown duck, the nerd duck, the shy advernturesome duck, and the pilot stud duck. Do we really need a Disney/Pixar cast of characters complete with fictitious back stories?:confused::crazy:

Anyway, since I've been waiting since last summer, I'll probably wait a few more days. See you there soon!

MissKitty

I went by and picked up 2 growlers tonight. Carlos was greeting people at the door and there was a line to get in, but he was really friendly and got my growlers for me. I bought 2 large. They were $35 each, but they are nice. I was pretty impressed with the place and wish him well. :yay:

JustinA

Had the chance to meet Carlos at length yesterday and he seems to be a pretty cool guy. The pizza was delicious and the belgian wheat beer was pretty good. Considering it's less than a mile from my house I'll be up there all the time.

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
I went tonight and I have to say it was pretty good. We only waited 20 minutes for a table but it took forever to get our food. We didn't really mind though because we weren't in a hurry. We had the nachos appetizer - very good, liked there chili alot. I had the crab cake sandwich which was great - lots of crab. Hubby had the pizza and he liked it a lot. He tried both beers and thought they were both pretty hoppy. He only thought they were ok. Overall good experience, of course they have some things to work out but they just need some time.

carlosruddyduck

Carlos,

I have to say I had 2 of your appetizer and dinner, Both app were good. First, I had the Chili nacho. OK Can I say 2 Thumbs up on using the homemade Potato chips. Yummo! I prefer a tad bit more cheese.LOL Other than that the was really good. I also had the Calamari. They were cook perfectly. Nothing worst than overcook rubber that some people try to pass as calamari! I do think you should have another sauce to go along with the Marinara, like a refreshing lemon and basil sauce.
I know the servers are still learning. Which I over looked that. The two different servers I had both were very tentative to me and my friend the first time and me and my hubby the second time I was in there. I do however have to say the only complaint I have is the PRICE of a rail rum and coke. I was charge $20 for 2 rum and coke that both were rail. Now I bartended at Jake and Als and our rail rum is no more than $5. On happy hour its even cheaper. Having your Drinks so high is going to hurt! People do not like paying $10 per drink especially a rail one If it was top shelf then I would expect that.
Other than that I say So far so good!! Very friendly staff, and the food came out looking good and at a very good time. I been to many place where I waited over an hour for food on their first day open. So I wish you the best and hope to see those shepherds pie on the menu soon and the shrimp po boys ( Being I'm a Cajun girl) ....

Oh yeah Love the atmosphere! My hubby loved the colors and pattern you choose for the booths. Love the Light blue on the darker wood. And I want that clock!!!

Hi cdsulhoff!!!

It was definitely a big mistake to charge you $ 10 for rum and Cola. We do use Bacardi Gold as rail but we made a mistake when we loaded the price in the POS.
Please come back and the next Rum and Cola will be on the house.
Thanks to all of you that have posted about your experiences. We do have a lot to improve and learn. We did mess up a couple of tables tonight and it's our fault, but everybody is trying hard...

We will soon have our private dining room open to the public, so for those of you that don't like loud environments we will have a much quieter room.

See you soon!!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
Hi cdsulhoff!!!

It was definitely a big mistake to charge you $ 10 for rum and Cola. We do use Bacardi Gold as rail but we made a mistake when we loaded the price in the POS.
Please come back and the next Rum and Cola will be on the house.
Thanks to all of you that have posted about your experiences. We do have a lot to improve and learn. We did mess up a couple of tables tonight and it's our fault, but everybody is trying hard...

We will soon have our private dining room open to the public, so for those of you that don't like loud environments we will have a much quieter room.

See you soon!!!

I didn't realize there'd be a quieter dining option. Sounds like Damons...good idea. Keep up the good work!

Oh and for everyone else...I finally stumbled upon their hours (under "Contact Us" at their website). Looks like they aren't open for lunch during the week, but open up early enough for Happy Hour. Open for lunch on the weekends though.

Monday through Thursday from 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM

Friday from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM

Saturday from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM

Sunday from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM