the Ruddy Duck

glhs837

Power with Control
Just to answer this, the sealed growler, this one, comes in green or brown, and the cost depends on what you have as its initial fill. Me, I got the Belgian Dubbel, and it was $38. Refills are in the $16 area.

Attachments

• Ruddygrowler.jpg
    Ruddygrowler.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 283

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Just to answer this, the sealed growler, this one, comes in green or brown, and the cost depends on what you have as its initial fill. Me, I got the Belgian Dubbel, and it was $38. Refills are in the $16 area.
The bottle I got was brown... didn't look like the pic... Carlos said it held about a 6 pack.. So can you take that back and refill it? I paid $15.90 for it the first time. It wasn't for me...it was for my babysitter. And I told Carlos to put whatever in it :lol:

Bonehead

Carlos

We ate there today at about 2. You really have to do something about the noise level....it was like I couldn't hear myself think and the place was a third full maybe. Horrible acoustics but the beer was good. Food was OK too. Please seek some help for the noise level. Just giving you my honest opinion.

glhs837

Power with Control
Look at the neck, this ones brown too. They also sell a growler that has a screw on top, less expensive, doesn't seal as well, keeps for 3 days or so, as opposed to the week or so the gasketed seal on this one. Of course, not many folks are going to take more than three days to empty one of these. :buddies:

pilot

We ate there today at about 2. You really have to do something about the noise level....it was like I couldn't hear myself think and the place was a third full maybe. Horrible acoustics but the beer was good. Food was OK too. Please seek some help for the noise level. Just giving you my honest opinion.

I, for one, will not be going to the place until I hear that something has been done about the noise level. I have simply heard too many complaints about the noise on this forum, so it must be a real problem, and I HATE noisy restaurants!

Beta84

They're out to get us
I, for one, will not be going to the place until I hear that something has been done about the noise level. I have simply heard too many complaints about the noise on this forum, so it must be a real problem, and I HATE noisy restaurants!

They have a side dining room and an outdoor area, both of which have less noise than the main room. If you don't like noisy places, the main dining room definitely isn't for you. It's very loud!

Went back again and had ANOTHER pizza :yum: The new Pale Ale was good too! :buddies:

dn0121

Oh NO!!!

T

toppick08

You would have hated Evans' back in the good old days.............:lol:

I miss that old place..:ohwell:...good times.

carlosruddyduck

Hi!!!

Thanks for your comments and reviews. It’s good to know that we agree with the good things and the not so good ones.

First I would like to let you know that now, today, we have SIX of our beers on tap: New Golden Ale, New Belgium Wit (wheat), Pale Ale, Belgium Dubbel, IPA and Porter. What can I say about our own beers... It really surpassed my expectations. Please try the new wheat. If you don't like it it's not you beer style but if you do it's sooooo goood!!!!
The Chipas are now our best appetizer after the chicken wings, and we dropped the price!!!
Thanks to Marlin and his crew that have perfected the art of making the best cheese balls in the northern hemisphere, I'm not kidding.

About the sound issue, yes it's a problem...

"But every problem has a solution", says Michael Kelley my partner and very knowledgeable restaurateur.
We have contacted and signed a contract with: Acoustical Solutions Soundproofing & Noise Control Products

They are guaranteeing the install and sound improvements.
They will start working in three to four weeks from now. They will be installing 1,400 sf. of hanging baffles and sound absorbing panels.

If this doesn't do it then we will double it!!! until we are all pleased with it.

See you very soon!!!!

All Ruddy!!!!

Carlos

glhs837

Power with Control
I think a refill of my growler is in order:) Being as I'm so easily led, looks like the Wit it will be:buddies:

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!
We have contacted and signed a contract with: Acoustical Solutions Soundproofing & Noise Control Products

They will start working in three to four weeks from now. They will be installing 1,400 sf. of hanging baffles and sound absorbing panels.

If this doesn't do it then we will double it!!! until we are all pleased with it.

I am glad to see someone listening to their customers and make adjustments to correct the issues.

So many times these headstrong Chef's open their restaurants and could care less what their customers think or they get offended when a customer gives them constructive criticism.

:yay: to Carlos.

I am glad to see someone listening to their customers and make adjustments to correct the issues.

So many times these headstrong Chef's open their restaurants and could care less what their customers think or they get offended when a customer gives them constructive criticism.

:yay: to Carlos.

Absolutely. The open dialog has been great!

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
Hi!!!

Thanks for your comments and reviews. It’s good to know that we agree with the good things and the not so good ones.

First I would like to let you know that now, today, we have SIX of our beers on tap: New Golden Ale, New Belgium Wit (wheat), Pale Ale, Belgium Dubbel, IPA and Porter. What can I say about our own beers... It really surpassed my expectations. Please try the new wheat. If you don't like it it's not you beer style but if you do it's sooooo goood!!!!
The Chipas are now our best appetizer after the chicken wings, and we dropped the price!!!
Thanks to Marlin and his crew that have perfected the art of making the best cheese balls in the northern hemisphere, I'm not kidding.

"But every problem has a solution", says Michael Kelley my partner and very knowledgeable restaurateur.

See you very soon!!!!

All Ruddy!!!!

Carlos

I hear your Belgian Dubbel is off the hook. I can't wait to try it. :buddies:

Jigglepuff

Chin Jiggla!
Hi!!!

See you very soon!!!!

All Ruddy!!!!

Carlos

Do you guys plan to do an imperial stout any time soon? That would be cool!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
Good to hear that there are more beers now! I liked the Belgian Wheat somewhat, but was looking forward to the next batch. The Pale Ale was good and I wasn't a huge fan of the Golden, but that's just my taste in beer showing. It's been a couple weeks since I've been there and already I have 3 more to try!

While I didn't mind the noise level, it's great that you guys are making corrections based on the feedback in here! That'll only help you guys out in the long run.

:buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
Got my growler refilled yesterday, with the wheat. Very reasonable cost of $11. Damn good beer.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Hi!!!

See you very soon!!!!

All Ruddy!!!!

Carlos

Glad to hear that! It was loud in there when we were there.

MichelleLea

Wow Carlos

I'm really happy for you. It's so exciting watching new businesses starting out and doing well. You will do great. You have a great personality & your a great cook.

What was that stuff you sent home???? paella??:clap:

Good luck to you. I wish you MUCH success.

:howdy:

chris82

Been there twice so far. I have a beer from time to time......and I have now tried the golden, pale ale, IPA, and the wit. All four have been great. The two times I have been there I have left with a growler full that didn't make it through the night...haha. Oh yeah, the food is equally as good. The wings are good, not really spicy though, but very good, crab cake is very good, salmon is awesome. Keep up the good work. We love going to a nice clean restaurant that serves good food and better beer...thanks. :buddies: