The Ugly Americans of soccer

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
If ole Blueberry Head possesses that much enmity for it's country, surely it would throw a game for a huge payday, and I'm talking dollars, not candy bars. It's's being put out to pasture, and a (insert pronoun here) has got to think about their future.🫐

Hijinx

If ole Blueberry Head possesses that much enmity for it's country, surely it would throw a game for a huge payday, and I'm talking dollars, not candy bars. It's's being put out to pasture, and a (insert pronoun here) has got to think about their future.🫐
Somebody actually bets on women's soccer?

SamSpade

You know, from time to time, I've gotten to know someone who grew up believing all Americans were awful, basing their entire opinion on experiencing American tourists and/or watching movie and TVs. I remember meeting a South African woman who started a B&B here in the States, and once she got to meet and talk with regular Americans, she absolutely LOVES it here.

Ditto the several experiences my parents had with exchange students - they'd always thought Americans were rude, selfish, arrogant bastards - and then when they live with a real American family for a month or two - or longer - they find they like them a lot. And the friends and neighbors - they like them too.

What they SEE prior to being here - is thinking all Americans are like the *******s they see on TV - or the rich jerks who throw their money around and abuse the hotel and restaurant staff.

Seen this many, many times.

TPD

the poor dad
IMG_0795.jpeg

Hijinx

IMO, and no one really cares about that, the Women's Soccer Team was destroyed by one nasty Dyke.
Certainly there are others on the team who also have a tendency to enjoy eating at the Y but this one truly nasty broad brought down the whole team. Smiling and smirking when she missed the opportunity to make a goal and laughing about it. Her attitude spoiled their chances and they should have dumped her 2 years ago.

herb749

I have noticed the media has stopped talking as much about the Womens World Cup. Interest was only going to be as long as the US team was in it. As much as the players talked about money, let's see if they turn on each other now that they are eliminated.

Hijinx

View attachment 171980

As she gets older, she looks more and more like Andy Dick.
She is a Dick no doubt about that, even though she can only dream of having one.

A real one that is, not one she straps on.

By the way that shot she took was so far above the goal that no professional would have been that bad. I think it was deliberate.

Last edited: