The Ugly Americans of soccer

Hijinx

She has mental problems.
Other than not being satisfied with her gender, she is suffering from a rabid case of TDS.

She is angry at the world in general.
She is not a happy camper.

luvmygdaughters

:yawn: She' s just another over rated athlete who thinks her opinion really matters. As far as "Ugly Americans"...I notice no matter how "loud" or "rude" or "gregarious" we are...it doesn't stop them from taking our money, while visiting their proper country!! Decline in tourism would put a hurting on them!!!

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
Mia Hamm, where are you when we really need you?
What bothers me about the USWNT's antics (game-related, politically-related, etc. in this World Cup window) is the absolute silence of opposing opinion from anyone associated with the team (past or present).

Does this mean they all agree with Rapinoe? Sad, if true. If they are "fearful" in some form or fashion, then even sadder.

:yawn: She' s just another over rated athlete who thinks her opinion really matters.
As I noted previously, she's a "vulgar disgrace." Confirmed by her "performance" in NYC yesterday. That the current team (players and staff) seemed to find her antics yesterday funny (from the various videos I've seen) seems to confirm that they agree with her. Thus, sad.

Great role models for our daughters :sarcasm: (unless, of course, one does believe this is proper modeling because the goal is to create athletes who are also self-indulgent, spoiled, boorish, little monsters).

Finally, in one more piece of "news" that confirms the end is near:

The over/under as to how many ways this article is a mess currently stands at 15.

--- End of line (MCP)

Chris0nllyn

What bothers me about the USWNT's antics (game-related, politically-related, etc. in this World Cup window) is the absolute silence of opposing opinion from anyone associated with the team (past or present).

Does this mean they all agree with Rapinoe? Sad, if true. If they are "fearful" in some form or fashion, then even sadder.

There certainly hasn't been absolute silence. Sports pundits had entire segments on the "antics" of the team throughout the tournament. Specifically after the Thailand game.

Burnthings

Lmao.

luvmygdaughters

As I noted previously, she's a "vulgar disgrace." Confirmed by her "performance" in NYC yesterday. That the current team (players and staff) seemed to find her antics yesterday funny (from the various videos I've seen) seems to confirm that they agree with her. Thus, sad.

Great role models for our daughters :sarcasm: (unless, of course, one does believe this is proper modeling because the goal is to create athletes who are also self-indulgent, spoiled, boorish, little monsters).

The over/under as to how many ways this article is a mess currently stands at 15.

--- End of line (MCP)
Yep, how anybody can think this miserable, foulmouthed, egotistical person is a good role model for anything is beyond me.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
There certainly hasn't been absolute silence. Sports pundits had entire segments on the "antics" of the team throughout the tournament. Specifically after the Thailand game.
By this, "absolute silence of opposing opinion from anyone associated with the team (past or present)" I was speaking about team members, rather than pundits. If you know of team members speaking out I would appreciate you posting about it. TIA!

--- End of line (MCP)

herb749

--- End of line (MCP)

Do they charge the graffiti painters with a hate the subway crime ....:p

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

WingsOfGold

And obnoxious Asian women stick out hard in any US tourist venue with their literal pushing and shoving and snarly 'tude like they own the place (as they crap on the floor because they don't know how to use a toilet). And they drive the same way.

I am not saying that Americans can't be obnoxious, because many of them most certainly are (we have several examples right on here). But there are just as many ugly Asians and Hispanics and Europeans and Canadians as there are Americans, and yet only "ugly American" sticks. I'm over that dumb stereotype.
Germans, when drunk they talk like they're all clogged up with snot.