The wife John McCain callously left behind

She's not bitter, why should America be? :shrug:

Carol insists she remains on good terms with her ex-husband, who agreed as part of their divorce settlement to pay her medical costs for life. ‘I have no bitterness,’

she says. ‘My accident is well recorded. I had 23 operations, I am five inches shorter than I used to be and I was in hospital for six months. It was just awful, but it wasn’t the reason for my divorce.

‘My marriage ended because John McCain didn’t want to be 40, he wanted to be 25. You know that happens...it just does.’

ImnoMensa

We knew this was coming. too bad the Dems cant instill some hate in McCains ex wife.

Like in this world today where It is predicted that one-third of new marriages among younger people will end in divorce within 10 years and 43 percent within 15 years, a divorce is such a big deal.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
2 interesting lines from the article: (which, was otherwise regurgitated excerpts from articles previously written by others)
He first met Carol in the Fifties while he was at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis. He was a privileged, but rebellious scion of one of America’s most distinguished military dynasties – his father and grandfather were both admirals.

But setting out to have a good time, the young McCain hung out with a group of young officers who called themselves the ‘Bad Bunch’.

His primary interest was women and his conquests ranged from a knife-wielding floozy nicknamed ‘Marie, the Flame of Florida’ to a tobacco heiress.

Carol fell into his fast-living world by accident. She escaped a poor upbringing in Philadelphia to become a successful model, married an Annapolis classmate of McCain’s and had two children – Douglas and Andrew – before renewing what one acquaintance calls ‘an old flirtation’ with McCain.

It seems clear she was bowled over by McCain’s attention at a time when he was becoming bored with his playboy lifestyle.

So, is this inferring he & Carol had a "flirtation" before she was divorced? None of the articles I've ever read indicate what happened to her first husband. So much is made of his divorcing Carol for Cindy, though.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
2 interesting lines from the article: (which, was otherwise regurgitated excerpts from articles previously written by others)

So, is this inferring he & Carol had a "flirtation" before she was divorced? None of the articles I've ever read indicate what happened to her first husband. So much is made of his divorcing Carol for Cindy, though.

You're right. It sounds kind of like she had 2 kids with her ex-husband before divorcing him for McCain. So much for the lefties playing the "abused Saint Carol" card.

B

Bruzilla

There are a couple of interesting things about their divorice that rarely ever get mentioned. The first is that McCain's lawyer for the divorice, and subsequent business dealings, is George "Bud" Day. If that name sounds familiar, it's because he's the same George "Bud" Day who was a POW with McCain at the Hanoi Hilton and is the go-to defender whenever someone needs a comment about how McCain was never a collaborator while a POW. He holds himself out to be an unbiased and independent authority on the matter, but the truth is that he's been closely affiliated with McCain since they got back in 1973 and had a vested interest in McCain's success.

The second interesting thing is that McCain and his wife seperated in the fall of 1979, six months after he started his adulterous affair with Cindy. One month later, Carol McCain suddenly becomes the personnal assistant to... Nancy Reagan! At the time of their divorice, the closest Carol McCain had been to any politician was working as a low-level aid to Congressman John Rousselot (R-CA). Carol had met the Reagans while Ronald was governor of CA through her work with Rousselot, and the McCains apparently attended dinners with the Reagans along with other staffers. So... how does a busted-up former model, with little experience, go from being Mrs. McCain and a lowly Congressional aid, to being a personal assistant to Nancy Reagan and later the Director of the White House Visitors Office?

No wonder she doesn't ##### about her divorice from McCain. It looks like actions were taken that ensured she would be very well taken care of.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
There are a couple of interesting things about their divorice that rarely ever get mentioned. The first is that McCain's lawyer for the divorice, and subsequent business dealings, is George "Bud" Day. If that name sounds familiar, it's because he's the same George "Bud" Day who was a POW with McCain at the Hanoi Hilton and is the go-to defender whenever someone needs a comment about how McCain was never a collaborator while a POW. He holds himself out to be an unbiased and independent authority on the matter, but the truth is that he's been closely affiliated with McCain since they got back in 1973 and had a vested interest in McCain's success.

The second interesting thing is that McCain and his wife separated in the fall of 1979, six months after he started his adulterous affair with Cindy. One month later, Carol McCain suddenly becomes the personal assistant to... Nancy Reagan! At the time of their divorce, the closest Carol McCain had been to any politician was working as a low-level aid to Congressman John Rousselot (R-CA). Carol had met the Reagans while Ronald was governor of CA through her work with Rousselot, and the McCains apparently attended dinners with the Reagans along with other staffers. So... how does a busted-up former model, with little experience, go from being Mrs. McCain and a lowly Congressional aid, to being a personal assistant to Nancy Reagan and later the Director of the White House Visitors Office?

No wonder she doesn't ##### about her divorice from McCain. It looks like actions were taken that ensured she would be very well taken care of.

If I ever divorced my wife of 25 years who is the mother of my children, my goal would be to also make sure she is taken care of for the sake of family and my children. Just because people divorce doesn't mean the outcome should be the total destruction of their lives. I'm glad McCain did right by her, much better than lying to the American public about getting blown in the White House with this lawyer bullsh!t sex/no sex rhetoric or Sen Kennedy (strong NObama supporter) how he was dazed and left his secretary girlfriend in a car to drown and drove his wife to severe depression and alcoholism. Nice try fool, again you fail!!!:coffee:

B

Bruzilla

If I ever divorced my wife of 25 years who is the mother of my children, my goal would be to also make sure she is taken care of for the sake of family and my children. Just because people divorce doesn't mean the outcome should be the total destruction of their lives. I'm glad McCain did right by her, much better than lying to the American public about getting blown in the White House with this lawyer bullsh!t sex/no sex rhetoric or Sen Kennedy (strong NObama supporter) how he was dazed and left his secretary girlfriend in a car to drown and drove his wife to severe depression and alcoholism. Nice try fool, again you fail!!!:coffee:

I agree with you as to taking care of your ex... I'm just wondering how this was pulled off? How does a woman with no experience get plucked out of thin air and made the executive assistant to someone like Nancy Reagan? This coming just a month after the seperation makes me wonder even more.

I've also been reading about how McCain used Day to help him buy a house in the swanky Ponte Vedra area of Jacksonville. McCain's reported residence was in Orange Park, which was the middle class part of the Jacksonville area where most naval officers live/lived. Naval officers, especially those stationed at Cecil Field, bought houses in Orange Park not Ponta Vedra, yet McCain had houses in both areas. The money for the Ponta Vedra house had to have come from Cindy as there's no way the McCains could afford it, so I'm wondering if Cindy's family didn't also pull the strings to get Carol her job with Nancy Reagan.

I'm wondering if Cindy's family didn't also pull the strings to get Carol her job with Nancy Reagan.

And if that's how it went down.... Please explain the issue you have with it. I'm seriously confused as to why this would be an issue, because I can't think of any area in various forms of government fields that you can get a job without "knowing somone" who can "pull strings".

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
And if that's how it went down.... Please explain the issue you have with it. I'm seriously confused as to why this would be an issue, because I can't think of any area in various forms of government fields that you can get a job without "knowing somone" who can "pull strings".

It's a non issue because real truths and issues can be substantiated about NObama's shady past so Bruzilla's digging holes all over the desert looking for stupid sh!t that less than 1% of the people on this forum may believe... :coffee:

Bann

I agree with you as to taking care of your ex... I'm just wondering how this was pulled off? How does a woman with no experience get plucked out of thin air and made the executive assistant to someone like Nancy Reagan? This coming just a month after the seperation makes me wonder even more.

I've also been reading about how McCain used Day to help him buy a house in the swanky Ponte Vedra area of Jacksonville. McCain's reported residence was in Orange Park, which was the middle class part of the Jacksonville area where most naval officers live/lived. Naval officers, especially those stationed at Cecil Field, bought houses in Orange Park not Ponta Vedra, yet McCain had houses in both areas. The money for the Ponta Vedra house had to have come from Cindy as there's no way the McCains could afford it, so I'm wondering if Cindy's family didn't also pull the strings to get Carol her job with Nancy Reagan.

WHITE HOUSE TOUR LEADER COURTED AND CRITICIZED - New York Times
Mrs. McCain, 43 years old, met Ronald and Nancy Reagan in 1973 shortly after her husband, Capt. John McCain of the Navy, was freed from a prisoner-of-war camp in Vietnam. The two couples became friendly, and Mrs. McCain worked for Mr. Reagan in the 1976 Presidential primary in Florida, where the McCains were then living. They were recently divorced.

In the fall of 1979, Mrs. McCain signed on again, doing scheduling and advance work for Nancy Reagan, working on arrangements for the Republican National Convention and the inauguration.

The plum at the end of that political sojourn was a job in which she would find herself courted and criticized, sought after and denounced.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican

Mrs. McCain, 43 years old, met Ronald and Nancy Reagan in 1973 shortly after her husband, Capt. John McCain of the Navy, was freed from a prisoner-of-war camp in Vietnam. The two couples became friendly, and Mrs. McCain worked for Mr. Reagan in the 1976 Presidential primary in Florida, where the McCains were then living. They were recently divorced.

In the fall of 1979, Mrs. McCain signed on again, doing scheduling and advance work for Nancy Reagan, working on arrangements for the Republican National Convention and the inauguration.

The plum at the end of that political sojourn was a job in which she would find herself courted and criticized, sought after and denounced.

You're not implying, somehow, that Bruzilla has once again tried to spin something innocent into something sinister, are you?

Bann

You're not implying, somehow, that Bruzilla has once again tried to spin something innocent into something sinister, are you?

:gossip: Oh, goody! You quoted me. Since he has me on ignore, that's the only way he sees any of my posts, you know.

But, I'm sure he'll be along forthwith, citing the source of the article as somehow inferior and posting a 6-paragraph diatribe.

:lmao: