Third world grocery stores

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It has come to my attention that you all still have empty grocery stores shelves - is that true? Having a hard time finding toilet paper, etc?

I'm curious why that would be. We had empty shelves in New Braunfels in mid March for a few weeks, and since then we've been in numerous states with everything being normal. Plenty of TP, plenty of meat, dry pasta, cleaning supplies, etc.

Are you all still having shortages?

PJay

Thank you for bringing this up because I have been wondering why still things are hard to find in my State.. Louisiana.

Leonardtown Food Lion still lots of empty shelf space, California Wal-Mart and Target lots of empty shelf space. Manly in the cleaning supplies, paper products.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Leonardtown Food Lion still lots of empty shelf space, California Wal-Mart and Target lots of empty shelf space. Manly in the cleaning supplies, paper products.
I haven't seen any issue with paper products, but def with cleaning and sanitizing. Haven't seen no-splash clorox in forever, and Lysol spray? Gone. Can't even order it.

rlecates89

I haven't seen any issue with paper products, but def with cleaning and sanitizing. Haven't seen no-splash clorox in forever, and Lysol spray? Gone. Can't even order it.
I work at the California walmart. The no-splash bleach is usually in stock, grocery end of the laundry aisle. Check for lysol spray early morning and mid afternoon (usually when trucks come).

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
You tease, but seriously, its depressing and frustrating.
Not really a tease, I'd be happy to send stuff if we have it, but shipping for something like a package of paper towels would cost much more than the product because of the bulk size.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I work at the California walmart. The no-splash bleach is usually in stock, grocery end of the laundry aisle. Check for lysol spray early morning and mid afternoon (usually when trucks come).
Thanx. I'm usually sleeping during the senior hours, but might just have to get up early one day.

PJay

Not really a tease, I'd be happy to send stuff if we have it, but shipping for something like a package of paper towels would cost much more than the product because of the bulk size.

I know. And, thank you. All is ok, it's just a lot a work having to keep making lots of trips hoping to get lucky at the store in finding what you need. Not sure any of what use to buy will ever come back. Just like to know what is going on..

PJay

Do you know why there is still a shortage? We are still being limited on how many Clorox, etc. we can buy from Walmart, doesn't seem to be helping..

Last edited:

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Do you know why there is still a storage? We are still being limited on how many Clorox, etc. we can buy from Walmart, doesn't seem to be helping..
Because people are still ****ing hoarding stuff. I was at the Dunkirk Giant last Thursday and ran into one woman who had cleared out the sugar and flour. Sugar piled up in one cart being pushed while she was pulling the cart piled up with flour.

lmor

The grocery stores and big box stores like Walmart and Target have lots of hand sanitizer but no cleaning products for bathrooms and kitchens.

TPD

the poor dad
We got canning jars in today!!! :bann:

Cleaning supplies are very limited In our store. We did get some off-brand bleach in last week. Toilet paper is not a problem but we haven’t received any paper towels in months. We haven’t had Sevin dust for more than a month. Actual hardware items (hinges, window bolts, slide bolts, etc) from a certain vendor have become a problem in the last month. I am actually ashamed of the way our store looks right now because of all the empty shelves. Every department has an issue with supply.

We have almost 3 weeks of supply on back order - has been that way since April with little or no improvement in sight from what we are seeing. Not that I didn’t already know Trump was right when he talks about bringing back production from China, but this so called pandemic has proven how awful our supply chain is and the just in time delivery model.

TPD

the poor dad
Oh yeah, Dollar General in Ridge has a lot of empty shelves in the grocery section. I haven’t been able to get spray cheese for my saltines in more than a month! :cds:

UglyBear

Because people are still ****ing hoarding stuff. I was at the Dunkirk Giant last Thursday and ran into one woman who had cleared out the sugar and flour. Sugar piled up in one cart being pushed while she was pulling the cart piled up with flour.
Dang it, she got there before me!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Still have no need to buy toilet paper nor paper towels, but have noticed well stocked displays for both in Giant.

The only thing I have trouble finding in stock now is frozen peas. :sshrug: