THIS SHOULD BE INTERESTING

3CATSAILOR

Yep. My complaint is that 9am Sunday radar or laser work isn't really enhancing safety. You want to reduce crashes, get serious about going after cell phone drivers.
No doubt about it. Everyone, including Law Enforcement knows cell phone use is out of control. And by the way, so is speeding at any time. Including 9 AM. I don't know how many, if any tickets were issued for the use of cell phones while driving. What I do know is last night on the way home a person speeding flew up from no where and cut in front of me last night while talking on the cell phone. Multiple violations: Unsafe lane change, Use of cell phone while driving, failure to use a turn signal, speeding and negligent operation. Our Sheriff's Office is our County Law Enforcement agency. In my opinion they do not have enough manpower to handle the calls that they receive every day. For example, I called in an accident with injuries that I was first on the scene of the other day. It took over 15 minutes for the police to get there. From what I hear, it was dispatched improperly as a PD instead of a PI. Or, perhaps it was a manpower issue. I suspect it was a dispatch issue. But, our Sheriff's Office is very low in deputies. I would say at least an entire shift short. I attribute a lot of that too the Maryland mandated Police Accountability Board and the Police Charging Committee even though the Sheriff has Internal Affairs as does other agencies which handled problems in Law Enforcement. The way the people are driving like idiots out here, I continue to support the Speed Cameras in School Zones. Hopefully the revenue from it which is supposed to go to the Sheriff's Office will go to increase salaries and better retirement along with new enhanced Law Enforcement programs which can attract new Deputies and better protect the people of our County. If I was Sheriff I would do no different than what our Sheriff is doing. He is doing the best he can with the hand he has been dealt.

glhs837

Power with Control
No doubt about it. Everyone, including Law Enforcement knows cell phone use is out of control. And by the way, so is speeding at any time. Including 9 AM. I don't know how many, if any tickets were issued for the use of cell phones while driving. What I do know is last night on the way home a person speeding flew up from no where and cut in front of me last night while talking on the cell phone. Multiple violations: Unsafe lane change, Use of cell phone while driving, failure to use a turn signal, speeding and negligent operation. Our Sheriff's Office is our County Law Enforcement agency. In my opinion they do not have enough manpower to handle the calls that they receive every day. For example, I called in an accident with injuries that I was first on the scene of the other day. It took over 15 minutes for the police to get there. From what I hear, it was dispatched improperly as a PD instead of a PI. Or, perhaps it was a manpower issue. I suspect it was a dispatch issue. But, our Sheriff's Office is very low in deputies. I would say at least an entire shift short. I attribute a lot of that too the Maryland mandated Police Accountability Board and the Police Charging Committee even though the Sheriff has Internal Affairs as does other agencies which handled problems in Law Enforcement. The way the people are driving like idiots out here, I continue to support the Speed Cameras in School Zones. Hopefully the revenue from it which is supposed to go to the Sheriff's Office will go to increase salaries and better retirement along with new enhanced Law Enforcement programs which can attract new Deputies and better protect the people of our County. If I was Sheriff I would do no different than what our Sheriff is doing. He is doing the best he can with the hand he has been dealt.

Sorry, enforcement for profit always a bad idea. I'm sure he is, but enforcement should be reserved to resolve safety issues. Not make money. And no, it's not doing both. They will do a survey about how it reduced speeding, but it wont have any stats about reduced accidents.