Three Catagories

SB35

A female friend (married) suggested that the problem with the singles situation down here in SoMd is that there effectively three distinct groups of 30s and 40s professional singles.

1) Technical folks on base (majority men)
2) Teachers and staff in the schools (majority women)
3) medical folks at the hospitals (majority women)

She says she knows single folks in all three groups that complain that the dating pool is pretty shallow.

How can we integrate these groups better? I'm in the first group. Obviously I know lots of folks from the base and have plenty of friends to socialize with, but I don't know where the teachers and medical folks hang out. I know they're out there and have seen some of my friend's teacher buddies out now and then, but where are they the rest of the time?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Magnum

Should be Huntin
What is the group I belong in then :shrug: :confused:

I live down there and work in DC. I know I'm not the only one doing that

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I was single, I was in none of those categories and never had a problem finding a guy to date.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
A female friend (married) suggested that the problem with the singles situation down here in SoMd is that there effectively three distinct groups of 30s and 40s professional singles.

She says she knows single folks in all three groups that complain that the dating pool is pretty shallow.

How can we integrate these groups better? I'm in the first group. Obviously I know lots of folks from the base and have plenty of friends to socialize with, but I don't know where the teachers and medical folks hang out. I know they're out there and have seen some of my friend's teacher buddies out now and then, but where are they the rest of the time?

Thoughts?
The main problem I find (and I'm not in any of those 3 categories), is meeting women. I ask: "where are they ALL of the time"? Most of my friends don't know an single ladies to set me up with and, as active in the community as I am, it's still hard to meet available and eligible ladies. It's time to set up a meeting site on this forum but no mpd's allowed:razz:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR

Thoughts?

my guess is the medical folks are at the hospital
the teachers are at school

and the base retards are out fishing or something.

its just better to come here and ask"Who wants to get laid?" :jerry:

jetmonkey

Thoughts?
I think Category 1 is not as male dominated as the other two are female dominated. And probably not too many singles in any of those groups in the 30 - 40 range. Just bitter divorcees.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think Category 1 is not as male dominated as the other two are female dominated. And probably not too many singles in any of those groups in the 30 - 40 range. Just bitter divorcees.

I'm not bitter. :shrug:

:razz:

sonsorae

What now?!
I'm in the first category and I am a divorcee. I have found that the techies are a lot younger than me (not that is a problem for me...their story is wanting a woman that is on the cover of Cosmitpolitan). I have also discovered that no matter what or how you categorize a person, there's not very many single intelligent men who want to date divorced woman. Just my personal observation and opinion.

jetmonkey

I'm in the first category and I am a divorcee. I have found that the techies are a lot younger than me (not that is a problem for me...their story is wanting a woman that is on the cover of Cosmitpolitan). I have also discovered that no matter what or how you categorize a person, there's not very many single intelligent men who want to date divorced woman. Just my personal observation and opinion.
I date divorced women exclusively :yay:

Cowgirl

Maybe someone could set up a mandatory first aid training for people who work on base. They could have the trainings at the local schools, and the docs/nurses could teach the classes. Problem solved. :yay:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Don't really have any choice! Not too many women make it to my age without being married or divorced. Or widowed.

Again, with guys, it is mostly a physical thing, so Cosmo girls work for us but it depends what they're after too. I'm not after marriage right now so I go out with anyone who I feel an attraction towards. I go out for fun and companionship. If it gets serious, fine but, lately, I find myself going out with younger gals because they are so much fun and they're not coming in with the hangups (issues) of the older ones. But, as jetmonkey said, we really don't have much choice. I can count, on one hand, the women I've dated who have never been married and are without kids (as I am). I can't count the number that I've been with that have been divorced.

sonsorae

What now?!
Again, with guys, it is mostly a physical thing, so Cosmo girls work for us but it depends what they're after too. I'm not after marriage right now so I go out with anyone who I feel an attraction towards. I go out for fun and companionship. If it gets serious, fine but, lately, I find myself going out with younger gals because they are so much fun and they're not coming in with the hangups (issues) of the older ones. But, as jetmonkey said, we really don't have much choice. I can count, on one hand, the women I've dated who have never been married and are without kids (as I am). I can't count the number that I've been with that have been divorced.

You're absolutely right about the people having hangups or excess baggage...but that applies to both younger and older. I've seen it both ways. The younger ones are a lot of fun, but not always responsible. The older ones I have dated are usually set in their ways and pretty much home bodies...LOL

I generally find a lot of single men in Northern VA....hell of a drive to meet someone, but all worth the time...young and old!