To cut or not to cut

KDENISE977

Love my stylist but she wants to cut my length...I've already cut it a good deal off and I don't understand why they always want to CUT it

Attachments

• 912710_10152748949605487_4234067_n.jpg
    912710_10152748949605487_4234067_n.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

TGB

why does she want to cut your hair. I agree you are very pretty and you wear that length well with your face shape. If it is something to the effect of, "it'll look healthy." then Id say let it be and use olive oil as a treatment.

She said I have fine hair, but lots of it, so it would be easier and less breakage and hair loss??

My stylist says the same... I am still not effing cutting it. :coffee: A product I like is Keraphix by Nexxus. :ohwell: It seems to help with my breakage.... and I have thin hair...lots of it.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
It's your hair. If you don't want to cut it, don't cut it. I don't see what the problem is. :shrug:

If you feel that she is pressuring you into cutting your hair against your will, find a new stylist.

See, I solved your problem in less than 27 seconds.

mamatutu

mama to two
Put it up for the short effect. Leave it be.

I agree with Wenchy. My most special pics are of me with my hair up. I am old (57), but I love those pics. Do it while you can. Don't cut your hair. Have the Grace Kelly look for as long as you can. Swept up hair is as sexy as a one piece black bathing suit, or the perfect little black dress. Classic and classy will never die, just like the timeless black jacket in the closet. You would look fab with swept up hair! That is good advice, because, no matter what a man tells you, don't believe him. I am right. Always, listen to your mother! :lol:

Last edited:

acommondisaster

She didn't say cut it short - just cut. I can't tell by the picture how long it is, but I think there are very few people past their 20s who have really lovely long hair; it starts looking less shiny and healthy and it drags the entire face down. Just below the shoulder or just touching the shoulder is long enough to put up - can't tell if that's where yours is, if it's already at that length.

A lot of women with long hair always seem to wear it pulled back - I've never understood how that's different than getting a short hair cut - from the front it usually looks the same (or shorter)

ZARA

Love my stylist but she wants to cut my length...I've already cut it a good deal off and I don't understand why they always want to CUT it

**To any stylists reading- please take no offence.**

She is a STYLIST not a hair doctor. If you don't want to cut you hair, Say, "No Thanks, I like it the way it is." And if she harasses you, stop going to see her.

It's YOUR hair, not hers.

ZARA

She didn't say cut it short - just cut. I can't tell by the picture how long it is, but I think there are very few people past their 20s who have really lovely long hair; it starts looking less shiny and healthy and it drags the entire face down. Just below the shoulder or just touching the shoulder is long enough to put up - can't tell if that's where yours is, if it's already at that length.

A lot of women with long hair always seem to wear it pulled back - I've never understood how that's different than getting a short hair cut - from the front it usually looks the same (or shorter)

We like long hair, we can change the look depending on what we are doing. Pony tail to keep it our of our faces, or down for dinner and movie with the Beloved.

Pulled back is a quick and easy fix that takes seconds and is great for chasing kids, grocery shopping etc.

ZARA

My stylist says the same... I am still not effing cutting it. :coffee: A product I like is Keraphix by Nexxus. :ohwell: It seems to help with my breakage.... and I have thin hair...lots of it.

**Side note: Rx medication will cause severe hair breakage. Be sure you are taking a multivitamin. And not a generic one. Make sure it is one high in calcium.

Hair loss fact - it is normal to lose around 100 to 200 hairs a day.

Roman

Do what you want with the hair, but I would steer clear of a Stylist that wants to cut it. IMO, having long hair myself at the age of 58, is so much easier than short hair. You have to do too many things to it to get it to look good in the morning. I have baby fine hair too. I take a One-a-Day Women's vitamin, and I use the new Keratin Infused Shampoo & Conditioner made by Tressame', and I have no split ends that I can see. I just get a trim every 6 months Where with shorter hair, you have to do it every 6 to 8 weeks to keep the style. Longer IS better. Comb wet hair with a wide toothed comb, and don't rub wet hair with hands, or a towel.

MMM_donuts

Perhaps I can be of some assistance here. My hair is waist long with some layers. I primarily wear it back because of my job and my activity level. I am careful of how I wear it back so that it breaks as little as possible. That's why, to others, it appears my hair has the same basic look every day.

And I do all of this because it is so dramatic when I wear my hair down, which I do for my husband. He absolutely loves it. I do, too, actually. When my hair was short I felt it was cute and/or professional but with my hair long I feel very feminine and sexy, especially because I specifically wear it that way for my husband to notice.

That's not to say that I don't like short hair or that I think it's not sexy. Many women can pull it off and make it work very well - I don't feel that I am one of those women. Plus, I think my days of long hair are likely limited because my mother's hair thinned out after she teacher menopause and she was forced to cut it short.

KDENISE977

Perhaps I can be of some assistance here. My hair is waist long with some layers. I primarily wear it back because of my job and my activity level. I am careful of how I wear it back so that it breaks as little as possible. That's why, to others, it appears my hair has the same basic look every day.

And I do all of this because it is so dramatic when I wear my hair down, which I do for my husband. He absolutely loves it. I do, too, actually. When my hair was short I felt it was cute and/or professional but with my hair long I feel very feminine and sexy, especially because I specifically wear it that way for my husband to notice.

That's not to say that I don't like short hair or that I think it's not sexy. Many women can pull it off and make it work very well - I don't feel that I am one of those women. Plus, I think my days of long hair are likely limited because my mother's hair thinned out after she teacher menopause and she was forced to cut it short.

Yes, my husband def. likes longer hair, not that I'd keep it long JUST for him.