To cut or not to cut

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:lmao: I had the opposite problem. I could never find anybody who would agree to cut my long hair.

Once I found her, I love her and I love my short hair and I love getting even shorter cuts.

However, if you don't want your hair cut, don't do it. :shrug:

But I'm with everybody else who has said it, you have to find a stylist that will listen to you. It's worth shopping around for someone you like, who listens to you and explains why they think what they do. Gotta have that communication.

:lmao: I had the opposite problem. I could never find anybody who would agree to cut my long hair.

Once I found her, I love her and I love my short hair and I love getting even shorter cuts.

However, if you don't want your hair cut, don't do it. :shrug:

But I'm with everybody else who has said it, you have to find a stylist that will listen to you. It's worth shopping around for someone you like, who listens to you and explains why they think what they do. Gotta have that communication.

:yeahthat: When I first started going to my stylist, I made sure she listened.

"beeyotch, if you get scissor happy, I am not paying you... I ####ing promise." :coffee:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
This would be cool!

Attachments

• ku-xlarge1.jpg
    ku-xlarge1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 100

MMM_donuts

I'm not sure I ever understood the emotional attachment to hair....It's just hair it will grow back.

It has taken me years to get my hair back to this length and I've put a lot of work, a lot of consideration into it.

A year ago this Memorial Day (my 30th birthday), I had a horrible experience at a local, popular hair place. I went in for highlights. The girl absolutely fried my hair. My chestnut colored hair was nearly white when she was done with it. She tried to tone it down a little but I was still closer to a platinumish blonde afterwards and it looked like cotton candy for a while. I'm still upset over. All that effort I put into making it pretty for years and she messes it up while doing a pretty basic hair treatment. I cried.

Then I took a friend up on her recommendation and booked her stylist. She books up months in advance but she's absolutely worth it. She's been really helpful in correcting my hair while it's growing out and I like that she listens to me about what I want for my hair. She still gives advice but she's great about listening, too. So, I'm a believer when it comes to having a real stylist.

MMM_donuts

Wow. Gotta be a lotta work. Post a pic?

I don't know that I would say it's a lot of work, I just have to be mindful of how I take care of it. I feel like most short hairstyles are more work because you HAVE to fix it.

I'll see about having my husband take a pic of the back of it for me to post in a little while.

KDENISE977

I don't know that I would say it's a lot of work, I just have to be mindful of how I take care of it. I feel like most short hairstyles are more work because you HAVE to fix it.

I'll see about having my husband take a pic of the back of it for me to post in a little while.

So true, when I had shorter hair, it was all about curling the layers and keeping it "just right" where as now, I just blow dry my bangs and maybe a few ends and that's it I just was trying to avoid having a mullet. Ya know !!:buddies: