To Hell and back... and it only took a week!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Going to the wayback machine, I can remember getting chastised here because I cut the grass on my tractor with a 5 yr old grandkid on my lap. Took me years to recover from that beatdown.
I've seen somebody driving around with a kid around that age on the back of their motorcycle.

UglyBear

In my case, it was cat food. God forbid I don't feed my cats 4-5 times a day and an all wet food diet. I am poisoning and giving them cancer by feeding them dry food.
If it makes you feel any better...
Our little furry bastard has been free-bowled since he was 3 months old, with Costco dry food, with a small can of wet food in the evening as a treat. Now he's a healthy happy 10 year old cat, in good shape. Except for one scare, not a single medical issue.

Cats are pretty dang resilient, and juts like humans, some have sickness already in their genes, and most don't. Free bowling with dry food, clean bowl of fresh water always available, and once a day scooped litterbox -- and that's it? Oh yeah, pets on their head and a scratch behind the ear and under the chin, and a warm lap to sleep on.

I think the trick is to find the dry food that the cats will eat, but don't love -- so they will eat it when they are hungry, but don't gobble up the whole bowl in a sitting. This way they will not be overweight. But again, maybe that's mostly genetics.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
If it makes you feel any better...
Our little furry bastard has been free-bowled since he was 3 months old, with Costco dry food, with a small can of wet food in the evening as a treat. Now he's a healthy happy 10 year old cat, in good shape. Except for one scare, not a single medical issue.

Cats are pretty dang resilient, and juts like humans, some have sickness already in their genes, and most don't. Free bowling with dry food, clean bowl of fresh water always available, and once a day scooped litterbox -- and that's it? Oh yeah, pets on their head and a scratch behind the ear and under the chin, and a warm lap to sleep on.

I think the trick is to find the dry food that the cats will eat, but don't love -- so they will eat it when they are hungry, but don't gobble up the whole bowl in a sitting. This way they will not be overweight. But again, maybe that's mostly genetics.
I have owned cats for over 40 years. All have lived relatively healthy lives between 16-21 years. I think pet owners have become like parents. The kid/cats run the house. Owner/Parents bend over backwards for their kids/pets. I love Boone and Gracie but I'll be darned if they will be my boss. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Like I said yesterday, I'm not good with banter but I did feel like I needed to say my final peace.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. That's what most on here want. What is on here is not knowledge. It is what is usually flushed down the toilet after a serious bout of food poisoning. Most are nothing but virtue signalers who try to out do each other to be seen as the best cat owner on the site. They want you to not think for yourself but to just do what they say. They seem to dislike those who don't blindly agree with everything they say. Nothing proves that more than me being the villain for not feeding my cats the way they think I should yet the lady who is letting her cat suffer with a bad eye infection to the point where it will probably end up blind because she's too scared to take it to the vet for fear that if she dares steps outside, Covid19 will come for her. Is anyone jumping on her?? No. Everyone is telling her to take the cat to the vet but in a kind and gentle way. I am feeding my cat dry food and suddenly I'm poisoning them and going to give cancer. Give me a f***ing break! I'll check back in 16 years and see where all the "followers" cats are and we'll see who has had to take their cats to the vets for health issues and who hasn't. Considering out of the 40 years of cat ownership with cats living between 16-21 years with little to no vet visits, I'm confident on which side I'll land on. See y'all then! :wave2:

UglyBear

I'm sorry you had to witness the poop-flinging of crazy cat people. Come back here, where everyone is warm fuzzy and polite :D
Post more pics of kittens -- they are super cute!

BTW, the craziest poop-flinging I saw was on a recipe forum -- grandma-type ladies were accusing each other of "I bet you have never even had anything tasty", "it's because of your cooking that your husband left and your kids don't talk to you", etc. Crazy Internet people. o_O

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like I said yesterday, I'm not good with banter but I did feel like I needed to say my final peace.

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. That's what most on here want. What is on here is not knowledge. It is what is usually flushed down the toilet after a serious bout of food poisoning. Most are nothing but virtue signalers who try to out do each other to be seen as the best cat owner on the site. They want you to not think for yourself but to just do what they say. They seem to dislike those who don't blindly agree with everything they say. Nothing proves that more than me being the villain for not feeding my cats the way they think I should yet the lady who is letting her cat suffer with a bad eye infection to the point where it will probably end up blind because she's too scared to take it to the vet for fear that if she dares steps outside, Covid19 will come for her. Is anyone jumping on her?? No. Everyone is telling her to take the cat to the vet but in a kind and gentle way. I am feeding my cat dry food and suddenly I'm poisoning them and going to give cancer. Give me a f***ing break! I'll check back in 16 years and see where all the "followers" cats are and we'll see who has had to take their cats to the vets for health issues and who hasn't. Considering out of the 40 years of cat ownership with cats living between 16-21 years with little to no vet visits, I'm confident on which side I'll land on. See y'all then! :wave2:

See? Doesn't it feel good to tell people off?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm sorry you had to witness the poop-flinging of crazy cat people. Come back here, where everyone is warm fuzzy and polite :D

BTW, the craziest poop-flinging I saw was on a recipe forum -- grandma-type ladies were accusing each other of "I bet you have never even had anything tasty", "it's because of your cooking that your husband left and your kids don't talk to you", etc. Crazy Internet people. o_O
Like I said, it was fine and dandy up until it wasn't. Two posters that I never saw post before posted about all the stuff I was doing wrong and I needed to do it this way. I nicely thanked them for the info but said I would do it my way. That was all it took.

I will see if I can get more photos of the babies. I will definitely be posting come Surgery Day and post-op stuff. I am a nervous wreck already.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

You asked so I'm delivering.

Attachments

• 20200731_194733.jpg
    20200731_194733.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 96

DaSDGuy

Going to the wayback machine, I can remember getting chastised here because I cut the grass on my tractor with a 5 yr old grandkid on my lap. Took me years to recover from that beatdown.
I need my 4 year old grandson on my lap to hold my beer.