Tom Brady, Patriots get hammered

Grumpy

I'm not. He broke the rule. Fine is $25,000. I've written that a half dozen times.

My argument is the absurdity of four games over a very minor infraction. 56 is speeding. I'd raise hell over that if a cop gave me a fat ticket. As it is, my last ticket, last month, I was going WELL over and I took my medicine. :diva:

Totally in agreement, the NE hate is strong out there.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm not. He broke the rule. Fine is $25,000. I've written that a half dozen times.

My argument is the absurdity of four games over a very minor infraction. 56 is speeding. I'd raise hell over that if a cop gave me a fat ticket. As it is, my last ticket, last month, I was going WELL over and I took my medicine. :diva:

You can raise heck all you want, but the speed limit is what is posted, and the ticket isn't based on whatever you think it should be.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You can raise heck all you want, but the speed limit is what is posted, and the ticket isn't based on whatever you think it should be.

You can miss the point all you want but there is a specified penalty for 1 mph. There is a specified penalty for what Brady 'did'. It ain't 4 games.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What is it? Are you the NFL Commish? :tap:

If you care, you can google it up. It's all over the place. Or you can just go back to your torch and pitch fork mob and pretend this is a big deal. Which, I have to admit, has made it a big deal. So, mobs work! :buddies:

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
I call BULL--------------C--R----A-----P!!!!

Okay seriously. I say this as someone who is NOT a Patriots fan nor am I a big Tom Brady supporter because he went to that "school up north". However this is a huge crock and nothing but a result of social media and Patriot haters. This has absolutely nothing to do with the integrity of the game or cheating. Here are a few of my concerns with this whole thing:

1. A referee/umpire touches the ball in between EVERY play. You are telling me that could not notice an "under inflated ball"?
2. The NFL is guilty of many actions in this whole thing. I will even use quotes from the actual Wells report to prove my point:

a. In particular, we do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots ownership, Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick or any other Patriots coach in the matters investigated. We also do not believe there was any wrongdoing or knowledge of wrongdoing by Patriots Head Equipment Manager Dave Schoenfeld.

b. Prior to the game, Colts personnel had notified the NFL that they suspected that the Patriots might be deflating game balls below the minimum level permissible under the Playing Rules, although they did not support their suspicions with any specific factual information. In response to the pre-game concerns raised by the Colts, NFL Football Operations staff had notified the head of the NFL Officiating Department, Dean Blandino, and a senior officiating supervisor who would be attending the game, Alberto Riveron. During a pre-game conversation concerning various game-day topics, Riveron told referee Walt Anderson that a concern had been raised about the air pressure of the game balls. Anderson told Riveron that he would be sure to follow his usual ball inspection procedure to ensure that the balls were properly inflated. So the NFL KNEW about this BEFORE the game.

c. When Anderson and other members of the officiating crew were preparing to leave the Officials Locker Room to head to the field for the start of the game, the game balls could not be located. Per item (b), balls missing and yet didn't think to do a quick second check?

d. The evidence does not allow us to reach conclusions as to when McNally and Jastremski began their efforts to release air from Patriots game balls on game
day (although McNally referred to himself as “the deflator” prior to the start of the 2014-15 season), exactly how long those efforts have been ongoing, how frequently they occurred, how 17 the idea originated or the full scope of communications related to those efforts. We also note that there is less direct evidence linking Brady to tampering activities than either McNally or Jastremski. We nevertheless believe, based on the totality of the evidence, that it is more probable than not that Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.

e. Page 20: The Patriots provided cooperation throughout the investigation, including by making personnel and information available to us upon request. However since they wanted a "5th" interview and was denied, the Patriot are the bad guys.

f. Page 23: Over the course of the investigation, we maintained close and regular contact with counsel for the Patriots, who also provided us with their views on various aspects of the evidence and suggested certain lines of inquiry. Indeed, counsel for the Patriots sent us dozens of emails, including extensive commentary on witness testimony, video footage, theories of intent, applicable evidentiary standards, scientific data, interpretation of text messages and other topics. Counsel for the Patriots accompanied us on walk-throughs of facilities at Gillette Stadium, suggested witnesses to be interviewed, asked questions of Patriots personnel (and other witnesses
they produced for interviews), and presented us with videotaped material and analysis. Sure looks like the Patriots were hiding something...:sarcasm:

g. In particular, we requested electronically stored information, including emails and text messages, from several individuals who declined our request. All reporting makes it sound like Brady was the only one who declined.

h. 1. The Colts Communicate Concerns about Patriots Game Balls Prior to the AFC Championship Game On January 17, 2015, the day before the AFC Championship Game, Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson sent an email to the NFL raising concerns about the air pressure of game
balls used by the Patriots. Grigson sent his email to David Gardi and Mike Kensil, both senior 45 members of the NFL Football Operations Department.23 The email from Grigson attached a message from Sean Sullivan, the Colts Equipment Manager, describing these concerns. The Grigson email described the Sullivan message as an “FYI” and stated: “all the Indianapolis Colts want is a completely level playing field. Thank you for being vigilant stewards of that not only
for us but for the shield and overall integrity of our game.” In relevant part, the attached message from Sullivan stated:
As far as the gameballs are concerned it is well known around the league that after the Patriots gameballs are checked by the officials and brought out for game
usage the ballboys for the patriots will let out some air with a ball needle because their quarterback likes a smaller football so he can grip it better, it would be great
if someone would be able to check the air in the game balls as the game goes on so that they don‟t get an illegal advantage
. Shortly after receiving Grigson‟s email, Gardi sent an email in response stating that Kensil would be at the game and would speak with the game officials about Grigson‟s concerns. Kensil forwarded Grigson‟s email without comment to James Daniel, Director of Game Operations at the NFL, who in turn forwarded it to other Game Operations personnel who would be at the game as an “FYI.” Kensil also forwarded Grigson‟s email to Dean Blandino and Alberto Riveron, both senior members of the NFL Officiating Department, with the message “see
below.” Both Riveron and Blandino decided that they would raise the issue with Walt Anderson, who had been assigned as the referee for the game. So the Colts equipment manager just so happen to check the inflation after the interception because he was curious how other teams prepared their game balls? Also, if it is well known and this was the first time ever that the refs recall the balls missing, how could the patriots deflate them before this game.

I could go on and on but this long message just convinces me this is nothing but a farce although if the intent is to keep the focus on the NFL during the off season, a very good plan then. I am curious, did Brady burn Vincent for a long touchdown when Vincent played for the Bills?

Again, I do not like the Patriots, I am not a fan of Brady and while Belly-ache's media interviews are funny, this is just another reason while I prefer college football over the NFL.

PeoplesElbow

Wow. This blows my mind. Knocking a woman out does not affect you and 2 pounds per square inch do.

No one, not one opposing player says this made ANY difference on the field. All who have spoken up say so.

To call Brady worse than Rice is a concept I'll need quite a few beers to get my mind around.

Wow.

It is simple RG is in charge of football in the NFL and nothing else. Let the legal system handle legal issues and RG handle NFL competition issues.

glhs837

Power with Control
It is simple RG is in charge of football in the NFL and nothing else. Let the legal system handle legal issues and RG handle NFL competition issues.

Not so simple. Everything a player does publicly affects the league. Knocking out a woman, that might just have an effect on the publics perception of the league, right? Why did the dog killer get booted? His actions had no effect on a football, right?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You're saying a guy who beats his wife has no bearing on his work. Ok, fine. let him go in and talk to the kids about honor and integrity and sacrifice. "Men, honor, integrity, sacrifice. And if you happen to have to set the little lady straight once in awhile, has nothing to do with honor and integrity and sacrifice and duty and such..."

This is simply amazing.
Larry, I'm watching this girl on Dr Phil right now and she's reminding me a lot of you. All over the place, practically spitting trying to get all of the words out in the shortest amount of time and only making sense in her own mind.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry, I'm watching this girl on Dr Phil right now and she's reminding me a lot of you. All over the place, practically spitting trying to get all of the words out in the shortest amount of time and only making sense in her own mind.

That's great. #### you, too. :buddies:

PeoplesElbow

Not so simple. Everything a player does publicly affects the league. Knocking out a woman, that might just have an effect on the publics perception of the league, right? Why did the dog killer get booted? His actions had no effect on a football, right?

So prison would have let him out to play football and go to practice etc?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

This joke is going to be appealed and Brady won't miss any games precisely for the point I made about spouse beating and precisely because of the point you just made. Suspending a player because of football pressure is exactly as laughable as it sounds once you start comparing it to what the leagues has done in the very recent past. Heck, one of the players who didn't cooperate with the bounty thing only got two freaking games and, for damn sure, paying a bonus for hurting other players is at least a tad worse than an under, or over, infalted football.

To top this whole fiasco off, there is going to be endless conversation about how other players, including Payton, like the ball a little under or over and have been doing it for years.
Dislike of the Pats and Brady, a derangement if there ever was one, needed to be satisfied and now Goodell is going to have to walk the whole mess back. :shrug:

RPMDAD

Let me start off with i am a Patriots, and Brady fan. I will however have to say i just saw the dumbest thing ever, Patriot fans have started a GoFundMe page to help the Patriots pay their One Million dollar fine.
I find it funny that GoFundMe wouldn't let the cops in Baltimore get a page to help with legal defense funds. If i am not mistaken the Patriots are worth Billions, i think the 1 million dollar fine is the least of their worries. Losing Brady for 4 games could hurt.