• Catt's choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out

:killingme

Hi Bud........they are the best athletes.........we do have Iverson..:lol:

...are we talking particular people or the leagues as a whole?

You take Ovie and Alan and in one month or one year, Ovechkin will be better at basketball than Iverson at hockey.

T

toppick08

...are we talking particular people or the leagues as a whole?

You take Ovie and Alan and in one month or one year, Ovechkin will be better at basketball than Iverson at hockey.
No Larry, I'm not taking anything.............all the sports have their skills that are unique, and saying one is better than another is foolish...Just a jab at Kerad..:smack:

PsyOps

Pixelated
No Larry, I'm not taking anything.............all the sports have their skills that are unique, and saying one is better than another is foolish...Just a jab at Kerad..:smack:

You want to talk skills... there is no sport that requires more accuracy, finesse, strength, and skill than golf.

thurley42

HY;FR
Mickey Mantle would disagree....:yahoo:

:howdy:

The Mick isn't hitting crap these days....I said it went out a few years ago...you won't see many short of Josh Hamilton do it these days, and those are extremely few and far between.

The old days they didn't regulate the size of the bats, the ball composition was a lot different, etc. etc.

Then again the balls were also juiced, filed, junked, and the pitchers got away with what they could until the umpire caught them...not what the FOX sports cameras caught....

you can argue all day about which sports athletes are the best, but you aren't going to ever agree....I think MMA guys are the some of the most overall physically gifted guys...Hockey guys are unique because of the ability to skate...but take people like Brian Urlacher, Brandon Jacobs...people who are enourmous yet as fast and agile as they come. Plus the constant abuse they take.....each sport has it's upsides...

As far as baseball is concerned...(albeit it is changing for the better) John Kruk said it best when some lady criticized him for chewing and smoking and his beer belly. "Lady, I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player."

T

toppick08

The Mick isn't hitting crap these days....I said it went out a few years ago...you won't see many short of Josh Hamilton do it these days, and those are extremely few and far between.

The old days they didn't regulate the size of the bats, the ball composition was a lot different, etc. etc.

Then again the balls were also juiced, filed, junked, and the pitchers got away with what they could until the umpire caught them...not what the FOX sports cameras caught....

you can argue all day about which sports athletes are the best, but you aren't going to ever agree....I think MMA guys are the some of the most overall physically gifted guys...Hockey guys are unique because of the ability to skate...but take people like Brian Urlacher, Brandon Jacobs...people who are enourmous yet as fast and agile as they come. Plus the constant abuse they take.....each sport has it's upsides...

As far as baseball is concerned...(albeit it is changing for the better) John Kruk said it best when some lady criticized him for chewing and smoking and his beer belly. "Lady, I'm not an athlete, I'm a baseball player."

well.....hit a high fast ball....and let me know.

Also........play a little hardwood, and show me your ball handling skills.....in all due respect...:yay:

thurley42

HY;FR
well.....hit a high fast ball....and let me know.

Also........play a little hardwood, and show me your ball handling skills.....in all due respect...:yay:

If it is out of the strike zone...you aren't supposed to swing at it anyway....I can hit a fast ball....

I'm horrible at basketball...when i play people around me get hurt.....

T

toppick08

If it is out of the strike zone...you aren't supposed to swing at it anyway....I can hit a fast ball....

I'm horrible at basketball...when i play people around me get hurt.....

:killingme
I love 'ya man......now go drive one of these...