Trial for Mechanicsville Crash Postponed Again

officeguy

Case was finished today. Gellings was found guilty on most of the dui and drug related charges and found guilty on all four counts of second degree assault. Sentencing will be in september.

All the sentences will run concurrent and most of the resulting sentence will be suspended.

Hijinx

I don't want to committ to a number of months, but she will be back on the street drinking while some of her victims will still be in rehab to recover from their injuries.

The injuries will stay with them all their lives, Rehab or not.

tamadrummer1120

And that is as long as she should remain locked up.

Especially when you consider someone who has shown ZERO remorse for what she has done or empathy to her victims at all. Claim innocence all you want, but to sit there and act as if you didn't almost kill four people? Grow up, be an adult, live with the decisions you have made. Stop running from them and trying to find ways out of it.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
It's sad because when she's not being a psycho, she's a terrific person. It was only a few years ago she had a great life - a good man, a nice home, friends, she was intelligent and interesting, kind and engaged. She seemed to be overcoming her addictions - which are numerous - and doing well. Then she took a little slip. And another little slip. Next thing you know, she's lost everything, altered a lot of lives, not the least of which are the people she freaking plowed into and almost killed.

They need to lock her away because she's not going to get better unless she's forced to. Maybe not even then. It's not going to help the Kalnasy family, but at least she won't be in a position to do this to anyone else. I hope with all my heart she's not allowed to skate on this.
:lol: WTF are YOU talking about? WHO are you talking about? Slip? Slip? Lost Everything? Addictions? Are you SURE you know who you are talking about? Surely you are NOT talking about me -- none of your statements reflect anything truthful about me... LMAO! You're the ####ing psycho! Wake up Vrai and consider your source(s)! You far outdrink me on any given week (and I say week, although I assume you'd still be going by day?) Everyone in that courtroom knew that I did not drink and drive that day! There was an initial BAC 0.03. THREE HOURS LATER... the BAC jumped to 0.157 (not chemically possible unless consumed AFTER initial BAC was taken, LMAO), then forty minutes after that it dropped to 0.127 (another no-no - alcohol cannot dissipate that fast, again, chemically). My ambulance chasing lawyer chased down the ambulance workers and verified that not one person on the scene, or one police officer, smelled alcohol on me! The State's Attorney's office has just been looking for a super scapegoat all along instead of just letting it be a ####ing accident. The drug in my system was amphetamines, that I still take for narcolepsy, to keep my brain AWAKE! You people want to tell me that I am some bad person? I'm not. I have no recollection of that day whatsoever, but I would not have gotten behind the wheel with my puppy in the car inebriated. You would think that people that know me would know that, For God's sake, Vrai, you would think that you would know the truth. Seriously, who has been feeding you this information? I honestly - from the bottom of my heart - feel like this is some bad alternate reality where my double is some kind of plague to humanity. And EVERYONE keeps saying I never showed remorse! First of all - no lawyer in the world would let me talk to them! Second, when I did try to apologize to Angela in court the first day I saw her, her husband yelled at me, "Don't you talk to my wife." And finally, I have apologized, through the State's Attorney AND the judge. If the Kalnasys are not being the recipients of the heartfelt remorse, then I can only apologize for going through with what I thought were the proper channels.

So no one wants to believe I had a diabetic event? (thanks RoseRed) What's up with that? Research Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidis and lithium toxicity. Research side effects. And if you're hypotensive... Or don't. :shrug: I really don't care. I believed in the legal system and it let me down. I believed in my *friends* and some of them have let me down. Vrai, of all people, I thought that YOU would wait to hear my side of the story - from the start. I thought we were *friends*. I guess that is why I received no response to my PMs either. AND you dropped me out of your forums, even Party Zone...

littlelady

God bless the USA
Are you ok? There are 2 threads going on about this from two different members. Let me know if I can help.

officeguy

Being that I, too, was a victim of my accident, also sustaining life threatening injuries, I know what life feels like being permanently damaged.

You are not a victim by any stretch of the imagination. You were the perpetrator of a crime. I wish the legal system issued punishment appropriate to your offense, unfortunately it doesn't.

Hijinx

What was the final conviction and sentence?

Good question. It's why I stated in the other post that I didn't know if they had wifi and a computer in prison.

But the thing that really alerted me was this statement.
but I would not have gotten behind the wheel with my puppy in the car inebriated.
By the way the puppy died.

WTF. Two people were crippled for life one was in a coma for months and she wouldn't have gotten in the car with her puppy if she was inebriated?
Really has sympathy for the two people doesn't she.

Does Maryland let people drive around on amphetomines with Narcolepsy? Just driving around in a car knowing you have narcolepsy that is so serious you take drugs for it is a reckless act.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Good question. It's why I stated in the other post that I didn't know if they had wifi and a computer in prison.

But the thing that really alerted me was this statement.

By the way the puppy died.

WTF. Two people were crippled for life one was in a coma for months and she wouldn't have gotten in the car with her puppy if she was inebriated?
Really has sympathy for the two people doesn't she.

Does Maryland let people drive around on amphetomines with Narcolepsy? Just driving around in a car knowing you have narcolepsy that is so serious you take drugs for it is a reckless act.

Nice way to take a statement out of context. The REASON why I put anything about my puppy is that I raise puppies and that anyone who truly knows me knows that I am truly a dog momma. My pups are my children.

And - Three people were crippled for life - including me. And yes, MD does let you just drive around in a car knowing that you have narcolepsy. Knowing that YOU don't know a thing about Narcolepsy (that is, it is not based on a seriousness rating, but on whether you have it at all), I'll assume that you also don't know what amphetamines do for a person with said disease. We (narcoleptics) don't just nilly wilily drive around all hopped up on drugs waiting for the next innocent victim(s) to plow down. The amphetamines only act to keep the brain awake - for purposeful acts, like driving.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol: WTF are YOU talking about? WHO are you talking about? Slip? Slip? Lost Everything? Addictions? Are you SURE you know who you are talking about? Surely you are NOT talking about me -- none of your statements reflect anything truthful about me... LMAO! You're the ####ing psycho! Wake up Vrai and consider your source(s)! You far outdrink me on any given week (and I say week, although I assume you'd still be going by day?) Everyone in that courtroom knew that I did not drink and drive that day! There was an initial BAC 0.03. THREE HOURS LATER... the BAC jumped to 0.157 (not chemically possible unless consumed AFTER initial BAC was taken, LMAO), then forty minutes after that it dropped to 0.127 (another no-no - alcohol cannot dissipate that fast, again, chemically). My ambulance chasing lawyer chased down the ambulance workers and verified that not one person on the scene, or one police officer, smelled alcohol on me! The State's Attorney's office has just been looking for a super scapegoat all along instead of just letting it be a ####ing accident. The drug in my system was amphetamines, that I still take for narcolepsy, to keep my brain AWAKE! You people want to tell me that I am some bad person? I'm not. I have no recollection of that day whatsoever, but I would not have gotten behind the wheel with my puppy in the car inebriated. You would think that people that know me would know that, For God's sake, Vrai, you would think that you would know the truth. Seriously, who has been feeding you this information? I honestly - from the bottom of my heart - feel like this is some bad alternate reality where my double is some kind of plague to humanity. And EVERYONE keeps saying I never showed remorse! First of all - no lawyer in the world would let me talk to them! Second, when I did try to apologize to Angela in court the first day I saw her, her husband yelled at me, "Don't you talk to my wife." And finally, I have apologized, through the State's Attorney AND the judge. If the Kalnasys are not being the recipients of the heartfelt remorse, then I can only apologize for going through with what I thought were the proper channels.

So no one wants to believe I had a diabetic event? (thanks RoseRed) What's up with that? Research Nephrogenic Diabetes Insipidis and lithium toxicity. Research side effects. And if you're hypotensive... Or don't. :shrug: I really don't care. I believed in the legal system and it let me down. I believed in my *friends* and some of them have let me down. Vrai, of all people, I thought that YOU would wait to hear my side of the story - from the start. I thought we were *friends*. I guess that is why I received no response to my PMs either. AND you dropped me out of your forums, even Party Zone...

Good grief.

Vic, welcome to the internet. Anyone can look you up on the MD Judiciary case search and see your history. I can't even imagine why you'd want to come on here and pretend to be the victim.

Feel free to have the last word because I'm not interested in engaging with you.

Hijinx

Nice way to take a statement out of context. The REASON why I put anything about my puppy is that I raise puppies and that anyone who truly knows me knows that I am truly a dog momma. My pups are my children.

And - Three people were crippled for life - including me. And yes, MD does let you just drive around in a car knowing that you have narcolepsy. Knowing that YOU don't know a thing about Narcolepsy (that is, it is not based on a seriousness rating, but on whether you have it at all), I'll assume that you also don't know what amphetamines do for a person with said disease. We (narcoleptics) don't just nilly wilily drive around all hopped up on drugs waiting for the next innocent victim(s) to plow down. The amphetamines only act to keep the brain awake - for purposeful acts, like driving.

I can only go by the results.
Two people crippled and only by the grace of God--not dead.

While you are making excuses for yourself, what was the sentence of the court?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I can only go by the results.
Two people crippled and only by the grace of God--not dead.

While you are making excuses for yourself, what was the sentence of the court?

There has been no sentencing yet. As far as guilty charges - Look it up - just as Vrai mentioned, on Case Search. Apparently she is the authority on everyone's life because she can use the internet.

Hijinx

There has been no sentencing yet. As far as guilty charges - Look it up - just as Vrai mentioned, on Case Search. Apparently she is the authority on everyone's life because she can use the internet.

No sentence yet.
St. Mary's County.:lmao:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
And again, THREE PEOPLE crippled and not dead. I will never concede to drinking, drugging and driving. You can find me guilty in 100 courts, but the blood tests and the responders and the toxicologists said it all. We all want someone to blame. So, blame me - I can take it, I already have.