Trial for Mechanicsville Crash Postponed Again

Midnightrider

Listen, I expect nothing less than jail time. It would coincide with the way the rest of this has played out. Just wish all of you *experts* were in the court room.

Why don’t you just say what you were convict of?

This is 9ne of the reasons our DWI laws are ineffective. You have this person who drove around on drugs and nearly killed 4 people, leaving two innocents crippled for life, and she has nothing but justifications. Not to mention we will probably be driving again in the near future if she isn’t already.

We need to go to results related penalties. If you have an accident and hurt someone it shouldn’t matter if that is because you were drunk, texting, smoked up, really old, or taking narcotics because you have a sleep disorder. You should get significant jail time and lose your license for life.

Hijinx

And again, THREE PEOPLE crippled and not dead. I will never concede to drinking, drugging and driving. You can find me guilty in 100 courts, but the blood tests and the responders and the toxicologists said it all. We all want someone to blame. So, blame me - I can take it, I already have.

I hate to carry this on, but who else can be blamed.?
They were sitting there at the light minding their own business when a motor Vehicle driven by you came and hit them.

If you were stone cold sober, and in perfect health you were still at fault.
By the way responders were pretty busy there scooping up victims and loading them in helicopters, stopping bleeding, back boarding,splinting fractures.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Why don’t you just say what you were convict of?

This is 9ne of the reasons our DWI laws are ineffective. You have this person who drove around on drugs and nearly killed 4 people, leaving two innocents crippled for life, and she has nothing but justifications. Not to mention we will probably be driving again in the near future if she isn’t already.

We need to go to results related penalties. If you have an accident and hurt someone it shouldn’t matter if that is because you were drunk, texting, smoked up, really old, or taking narcotics because you have a sleep disorder. You should get significant jail time and lose your license for life.

There were 3 convictions x's 4 people plus 2 others and I can't really tell you the way they're worded, because I don't remember - everything to do with life threatening injuries, assault, drugs and impairment. Look it up. And amphetamines are not narcotics. Narcotics are opium derived. And I bet you're without a trace of guilt?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I hate to carry this on, but who else can be blamed.?
They were sitting there at the light minding their own business when a motor Vehicle driven by you came and hit them.

If you were stone cold sober, and in perfect health you were still at fault.
By the way responders were pretty busy there scooping up victims and loading them in helicopters, stopping bleeding, back boarding,splinting fractures.
Asked and answered during the trial - responders are also trained to detect alcohol.

Who can be blamed? How about this was just an accident? I didn't know I had diabetes insipidis and any related disorder! For Christ's sake, the hospital couldn't repair my shattered femur/knee for two weeks, while I WAS IN A COMA, until my diabetes was under control. How about that?

Midnightrider

There were 3 convictions x's 4 people plus 2 others and I can't really tell you the way they're worded, because I don't remember - everything to do with life threatening injuries, assault, drugs and impairment. Look it up. And amphetamines are not narcotics. Narcotics are opium derived. And I bet you're without a trace of guilt?
I have never caused an accident that ruined anyone’s life.

I’m sure you think splitting hairs over what drugs you were under the influence of is important to you, but it’s not to anyone else. We all see the big picture where you nearly killed several innocent people.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
If you just had a Judge you must have requested just a Judge.
Afraid of a jury?
Where is the judge ? On vacation? What is taking so long for the sentence?
To take it up to a jury trial would have meant to take it to Circuit Court, which would have meant more $$$$ that I did not have for my lawyer. Now, I am going to have to appeal, take a PD and have a jury trial anyway. And, I did not testify at my trial. My lawyer thought that based on the evidence, I did not need to.

The sentencing was delayed for other reasons I'm told, not due to the judge.

Midnightrider

To take it up to a jury trial would have meant to take it to Circuit Court, which would have meant more $$$$ that I did not have for my lawyer. Now, I am going to have to appeal, take a PD and have a jury trial anyway. And, I did not testify at my trial. My lawyer thought that based on the evidence, I did not need to.

The sentencing was delayed for other reasons I'm told, not due to the judge.
Did the judge allow the BAC evidence?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
I have never caused an accident that ruined anyone’s life.

I’m sure you think splitting hairs over what drugs you were under the influence of is important to you, but it’s not to anyone else. We all see the big picture where you nearly killed several innocent people.

Amphetamines don't cause narcoleptics to lose consciousness. But if you're afraid to research it, then it's on you. My drug did not interfere with my ability to drive. My diabetic incident did, however. You see the big picture where you want someone to blame instead of seeing it for what it was- a terrible, horrible, life-changing accident.

Midnightrider

Amphetamines don't cause narcoleptics to lose consciousness. But if you're afraid to research it, then it's on you. My drug did not interfere with my ability to drive. My diabetic incident did, however. You see the big picture where you want someone to blame instead of seeing it for what it was- a terrible, horrible, life-changing accident.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

Did the judge allow the BAC evidence?

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
So it was not excluded?

You were drunk and you were convicted. Stop pretending you weren’t.

Not so. But you believe whatever it is that'll help you make it through the day (isn't that what you said?) It's fruitless to try to change anyone's mind; I'm not here to do that anyway. I know myself To thy own self be true, right? Or something close to that. I know that I wasn't drinking and drugging - It's just not me, regardless of what some idiots might say. There are people that actually know me, talk to me on a regular basis, hang out with me, know my habits and KNOW that I don't devalue life enough to drink and drive. It's just not worth it.

Midnightrider

Not so. But you believe whatever it is that'll help you make it through the day (isn't that what you said?) It's fruitless to try to change anyone's mind; I'm not here to do that anyway. I know myself To thy own self be true, right? Or something close to that. I know that I wasn't drinking and drugging - It's just not me, regardless of what some idiots might say. There are people that actually know me, talk to me on a regular basis, hang out with me, know my habits and KNOW that I don't devalue life enough to drink and drive. It's just not worth it.

The BAC, the amphetamines, and the fact that you crashed into a car sitt8ng off the road tell a different story.

So does the verdict.