Trouble at GMHS?

~mellabella~

Mellabella, who's been here for maybe a month and has recorded all of 10 posts knows me well enough to point out my insecurities! :killingme

I think the school did a great job, given the situation. And here's the situation: A few kids with a cell phone and Winnie the Pooh reported there's a shooting so, naturally, everyone has gone apeshat. So, the school informed the parents of the reality of the situation, there was a threat that someone would shoot someone else (a threat magnified to a larger scale than your ordinary threat) because they wanted to get out of school. Oh, and they found a gun in a kid's locker, which happens just about everyday in most area high schools :yawn:.

So we end up with Mella10posts telling me I'm a dumbass and Winnie the Pooh continuing to report that there's been a shooting inside the school because she heard it on her CB radio.

I love these pinko commies! :lmao:

Ok, cupcake, focus. First of all, you don't read very well, or at least you lack the ability to comprehend. Just because I don't post much doesn't mean I don't keep up with the boards. The school told the parents basically nothing. How do I know? Um gee, my stepsister goes there. I sat right here while her parents called the school. The reason I say the school could have handled it better is because they didn't stop it before it got this chaotic. Then we end up with Andy know-it-all Marquis attempting to put people in their place, when really he is just not understanding what a poster is trying to say!

AndyMarquisLIVE

Ok, cupcake, focus. First of all, you don't read very well, or at least you lack the ability to comprehend. Just because I don't post much doesn't mean I don't keep up with the boards. The school told the parents basically nothing. How do I know? Um gee, my stepsister goes there. I sat right here while her parents called the school. The reason I say the school could have handled it better is because they didn't stop it before it got this chaotic. Then we end up with Andy know-it-all Marquis attempting to put people in their place, when really he is just not understanding what a poster is trying to say!
What were you expecting? Personal police patrols for each kid.

If they went and flipped out over every threat and sent letters home and stuff for every threat, they'd have to turn the schools into a virtual prison. This sort of thing happens in any normal high school EVERY DAY!

The reason it got chaotic is because you have people like Winnie the Pooh coming on here posting stuff about a gun being found in a trailer park. :jameo: :jameo: :jameo:

The school handeled it fine, the kids who decided to start chaos by text messaging rumors that there had been a shooting and stuff like that made it get out of control. That's not the school's fault because the phones shouldn't be on in school.

Do you want a phone call every single time a kid threatens or does bring a gun into school? It happens every single day. 99.99999% of the time, the school doesn't tell everyone because it's effing pointless.

Nobody got shot. Nobody got hurt. Nobody got killed. Great news story right there.

The school didn't do anything wrong. Just because they didn't meet your expectations doesn't mean they failed the community, so quit whining about what the school did wrong. If you're so mad about this, go beat the tar out of the kids who text messaged rumors about a shooting.

Last edited:

~mellabella~

I understand that these things happen. Believe it or not, you and I are the same age. We got used to seeing this crap all the time, not that long ago. But the whole point was that I understand parents concern. Do you know what I mean? I know these things get blown out of proportion...but as a mom I can see why parents worry so much. I just don't see why you cared so much?
:buddies:

AndyMarquisLIVE

I understand that these things happen. Believe it or not, you and I are the same age. We got used to seeing this crap all the time, not that long ago. But the whole point was that I understand parents concern. Do you know what I mean? I know these things get blown out of proportion...but as a mom I can see why parents worry so much.
:buddies:
I understand fully. I went to Westlake High School and then I worked at Westlake High School for 9 months.

I am one who tends to be overly cynical when it comes to how schools handle things, but after working for the schools, I see things totally differently.

I can tell you off hand I can think of one day at one of the schools had found guns and knives in 6 kids' lockers. Guess what happened? They siezed them, arrested the kids (quietly) and continued with normal operations.

Nobody told the media. Nobody told the parents of other kids attending the school. Nobody got hurt. In fact, nobody knows.

This, if not for a few kids :blahblah: and parents :blahblah:, would've been the same. A non-issue.

Sometimes, it's best to keep things quiet. The school said nothing happened, and nothing happened. They're not going to lie to you if there was a massacre going on.

~mellabella~

I understand fully. I went to Westlake High School and then I worked at Westlake High School for 9 months.

I am one who tends to be overly cynical when it comes to how schools handle things, but after working for the schools, I see things totally differently.

I can tell you off hand I can think of one day at one of the schools had found guns and knives in 6 kids' lockers. Guess what happened? They siezed them, arrested the kids (quietly) and continued with normal operations.

Nobody told the media. Nobody told the parents of other kids attending the school. Nobody got hurt. In fact, nobody knows.

This, if not for a few kids :blahblah: and parents :blahblah:, would've been the same. A non-issue.

Sometimes, it's best to keep things quiet. The school said nothing happened, and nothing happened. They're not going to lie to you if there was a massacre going on.

Understood. Its just the fact that when word did get out and they let parents come get their kids they never really told them what was going on. I can understand being very hush hush to keep things cool and calm. But you have to work with the parents a little bit. I'm just glad that no one was hurt, and I'm sure after another day or two this will all be in the past, and everyone will have moved on.

krate

Understood. Its just the fact that when word did get out and they let parents come get their kids they never really told them what was going on. I can understand being very hush hush to keep things cool and calm. But you have to work with the parents a little bit. I'm just glad that no one was hurt, and I'm sure after another day or two this will all be in the past, and everyone will have moved on.

I got the call today from my daughter I am sure that alot of parents got today
concerned that they're life could be at risk. We are not dealing with children but with smart young adults that do not need to create a rumor just to skip school. If they wanted to, they would just leave. We know the school will do what they can. My daughter had the sense to take her phone to the people there that we certainly tried to reach at school, but couldn't, and we got the piss attitude of one staff for telling her it was our desire to have my daughter ex-cused for the rest of the day...before noon. While reading the post concerning the lockdown that occured later, I wonder if that took place, because I was told that Police found a gun on a person, in the lunchroom, while during 6th period lunch , by my GMHS student, when she finally walked in the house. Still dont see any information offered up by the media, or school.

witchiepooh 364

A coincidental report was investigated by police of a suspicious person with a gun at the trailer park across the street from the school, which turned up nothing. The incident was unrelated but helped fuel the rumors transmitted electronically from the Great Mills High School student body.

DON'T FORGET THIS PARAGRAPH!!!!! I REST MY CASE....

K

Kain99

A coincidental report was investigated by police of a suspicious person with a gun at the trailer park across the street from the school, which turned up nothing. The incident was unrelated but helped fuel the rumors transmitted electronically from the Great Mills High School student body.

DON'T FORGET THIS PARAGRAPH!!!!! I REST MY CASE....

What? That the school is in a horrible district with an at risk population? We all kinda knew that.

beamher

:burning:

AndyMarquisLIVE

in reading this, i have a problem with those who feel as though it was blown out of proportion, anytime someone is found to have a gun in school it should be of great concern.
That's your opinion and my opinion disagrees with your opinion. :razz:

If it's something that happens all the time (like violent crime in Waldorf), then you shouldn't make a big deal with someone having a gun in their backpacks locked in their lockers.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I While reading the post concerning the lockdown that occured later, I wonder if that took place, because I was told that Police found a gun on a person, in the lunchroom, while during 6th period lunch , by my GMHS student, when she finally walked in the house. Still dont see any information offered up by the media, or school.

According to the news article, there was no lockdown and there was no report of a gun being found in the school. You might want to back check your sources.:yay:

beamher

That's your opinion and my opinion disagrees with your opinion. :razz:

If it's something that happens all the time (like violent crime in Waldorf), then you shouldn't make a big deal with someone having a gun in their backpacks locked in their lockers.

a gun being brought to school hopefully isn't something that happens all the time. if it's in their backpack locked in the locker, it's fine and procedure?? :killingme
and i should only make a big deal out of it is when one of them decides to use it.:eyebrow:

AndyMarquisLIVE

a gun being brought to school hopefully isn't something that happens all the time. if it's in their backpack locked in the locker, it's fine and procedure?? :killingme
and i should only make a big deal out of it is when one of them decides to use it.:eyebrow:
It's a big deal, but it happens too much to make a big deal out of it everytime.

Sometimes, it's better to keep things quiet.