Trump blocks Dem Memo

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If that is the case wouldn’t it be nunes’ duty To release the memo to the public?

Would it? Don't know, don't see anything in the rules about who releases it if the President doesn't appropriately reject the release. As the committee vote was unanimous it would seem that any member could do it, right?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
The DOJ and fbi said the last memo had similarly classified information, it was released anyway, and it didn’t.

Maybe you are happy being spoonfed one side of the story but not me.
Let’s see it all

I sort of remember there being a "Schiff fit" had because the memo was changed, was that change one that removed the objected material?

PsyOps

Pixelated
The DOJ and fbi said the last memo had similarly classified information, it was released anyway, and it didn’t.

Maybe you are happy being spoonfed one side of the story but not me.
Let’s see it all

What does that have to do with there being something incriminating in it?

I have never suggested the Schiff memo shouldn't be released. But it is being widely reported that he purposely put classified information in it to trap the GOP and Trump into redacting the information to claim he's hiding something. And you bought it, hook line a sinker, with your claim that classified information, that should not be released to the public, might have something incriminating in it.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

What does that have to do with there being something incriminating in it?

I have never suggested the Schiff memo shouldn't be released. But it is being widely reported that he purposely put classified information in it to trap the GOP and Trump into redacting the information to claim he's hiding something. And you bought it, hook line a sinker, with your claim that classified information, that should not be released to the public, might have something incriminating in it.

That’s be8ng ‘widely reported’ because that is what trump tweeted. And you bought THAT hook line and sinker. I say release everything and charge the criminals whoever they may be. Trump and his fan base seem intent on one sided propaganda.

Sapidus

So your interpretation of classified information isn't of a national security factor, it's something that can't be released because it would incriminate the president?

I think you don't have a clue why things are classified. Allow me to help you... what cannot be released: sources and methods. In other words, names of people whose lives might be negatively impacted if released. Methods are the mechanics of how our government might gather and protect information. These things have ZERO to do with something incriminating. Keep in mind, that if there was something factually incriminating, the DOJ and FBI would know about it and charges would follow.

I know you like to make things up because it fits your loathing for Trump, but you cannot wish Trump to go away with these fantasies.

Total hypocrisy. The FBI objected to the release of the last memo on those exact grounds and national security wasn’t an issue for you hypocrites then. But now it conveniently is

PsyOps

Pixelated
Total hypocrisy. The FBI objected to the release of the last memo on those exact grounds and national security wasn’t an issue for you hypocrites then. But now it conveniently is

And, if you read the memo, you can clearly see there was nothing classified in that memo. Summary: someone in the FBI lied. Big surprise.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That’s be8ng ‘widely reported’ because that is what trump tweeted. And you bought THAT hook line and sinker. I say release everything and charge the criminals whoever they may be. Trump and his fan base seem intent on one sided propaganda.

I don't even pay attention to Trump's tweets. Here's the trap:

Redact the memo and Trump gets accused of hiding something (of which you are totally full in on)
Release the memo as is, and Trump gets accused of exposing classified information.

I have to hand it to you libs, you know how to play the game; albeit dirty, you can play the game. But I'm no schlup that just fell on planet earth. I can see clearly what you people are up to. None of this is going to result in you people getting the indictment against Trump that you want.

Midnightrider

I don't even pay attention to Trump's tweets. Here's the trap:

Redact the memo and Trump gets accused of hiding something (of which you are totally full in on)
Release the memo as is, and Trump gets accused of exposing classified information.

I have to hand it to you libs, you know how to play the game; albeit dirty, you can play the game. But I'm no schlup that just fell on planet earth. I can see clearly what you people are up to. None of this is going to result in you people getting the indictment against Trump that you want.

But you do, trumps narrative is the one that is being widely reported.

You keep calling me a liberal and I keep saying release it all and prosecute the criminals whoever they are. What the #### is liberal about wa ting criminals prosecuted?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Total hypocrisy. The FBI objected to the release of the last memo on those exact grounds ..

Except..they lied, as it turned out. There was nothing of the sort actually in it and so nothing required redacting.

Following the ball is really hard for you...we all realize that. :patonhead:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
What the #### is liberal about wa ting criminals prosecuted?

Like people leading departments that are investigating crimes meeting with the spouse of someone being investigate criminals?

Like someone keeping classified government documents on an unsecured server criminals?

Like an administration using influence to have IRS audits done on political adversaries criminals?

Like department secretaries using bogus foundations to funnel bribes for favors criminals?

Like using misleading and bogus documents to initiate surveillance on US citizens criminals?

Midnightrider

Like people leading departments that are investigating crimes meeting with the spouse of someone being investigate criminals?

Like someone keeping classified government documents on an unsecured server criminals?

Like an administration using influence to have IRS audits done on political adversaries criminals?

Like department secretaries using bogus foundations to funnel bribes for favors criminals?

Like using misleading and bogus documents to initiate surveillance on US citizens criminals?

Yep, just like those. :shrug:

All of those and more on either side of the aisle. :yay:

Hijinx

I cannot say whether Hillary should be in jail
(Although I believe she should be.)

But she should be indicted and get her day in court.

Grumpy

Lets see...the FBI objected to the Nunes memo via an unsigned press release and the DOJ objected via an assistant attorney general who hadn't even read the memo. The Schiff document was sent back to the President's office after FBI/DOJ review with identified areas of concern in a joint letter by the FBI and DOJ signed by Rod Rosenstein. It's pretty shameful that you don't see the difference.

Midnightrider

Lets see...the FBI objected to the Nunes memo via an unsigned press release and the DOJ objected via an assistant attorney general who hadn't even read the memo. The Schiff document was sent back to the President's office after FBI/DOJ review with identified areas of concern in a joint letter by the FBI and DOJ signed by Rod Rosenstein. It's pretty shameful that you don't see the difference.
The only difference is spin. Release the #### and prosecute whoever broke the law. If we need to we can recall those assists that might be exposed. If schiffs memo is BS this can be used against him and the left in the upcoming elections.

It’s time to pull the mask off this monster and see who it really is, no matter who it is.

Midnightrider

I don't know, we haven't seen the memo. Are you going to tell me, having read the memo yourself, that the FBI told the truth that there was classified information in it, when there wasn't?

I can go either way on it, but let’s pick one and be consistent. Either they are a bunch of liars or what they say has weight. Which way do you want to go?