Trump is banning the bump stock

black dog

Free America
It should bother you that the president thinks he can unilaterally decide to give up some of our collective gun rights to appease protestors.

BTW, the AWB didn’t have any effect on guns people already owned

Personally I care less what any President thinks, I care about what ex orders they sign and what bills they sign or veto..
I'm well aware of what the AWB did and what it didn't do. Your response to my post tells me you don't know sh!t about firearms....
Except for what you read on Google..

Edit... And I'll ad this about The President and Bump fires,
This is Trump being crafty and being able to throw it back in the dems face. Bump stocks do not reclassify a gun and the law backs that up and it will be clarified soon.... For the second or third time from ATF..

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Do you mean to tell me the urban democrat billionaire who, before he decided to run as a repug, was openly for AWB, waiting periods, and openly supported & donated to anti-RKBA policitians might not actually be in support of the 2nd A after all?

Color me surprised!
Maybe he’ll get the national CCW reciprocity he’s mentioned.

:lmao:

:shocked:

No Not Really ... I posted repeatedly when he was running, Trump had not had some Damascus Road Conversion on Firearms he is a NY Liberal

SamSpade

It won't do anything, but it's also not going to inconvenience anyone much.

Gun control advocates like to mix and match two sets of data, which in truth, don't have a lot to do with one another.

One is the very visible issue of mass shootings, whether at schools or campuses or night clubs.
The other is the very high number of gun homicides, mostly done with handguns, and are entirely connected
with gangs and drugs. This set of data makes the previous issue look more urgent.

NO ONE is looking much at the fact that kids and youth are being gunned down in our cities.
Any month in a major city sees more gun death than any of these mass shootings, which when examined
accurately - are small if not still tragic. It's sad when someone shoots up a church - but when it's kids being
gunned down every weekend on the street, it just doesn't catch national attention.

Because it happens all the time. How do you think you'd feel if someone you cared about died
in one of these drive-bys - and no one in the media noticed? You'd think as many do - that the press
cares more about sensational death than it does about CONSTANT death.

And these two have different solutions - because outlawing guns isn't changing anything.
Gun bans in Chicago and here, in Maryland or in the past - DC - changed nothing.
You can't change gang violence with gun bans.

Similarly - you need better security and better protocols for gun violence in schools.
These guns were largely purchased illegally - or taken from someone else.
Gun laws wouldn't stop it. Just how many of these loonies would attempt to commit mass
murder if time and again - others were halted or put down before it even began?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If this is the pacifier the libs need to stop their crying, why not.

I mean, it's not like someone intent on committing mass murder will draw the line at illegally modifying a gun, but whatever. Logic isn't their strong point.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
:yay: Truthfully I thought the bump stock was already banned. IIRC even the NRA said meh no biggie.

yeah it is a 'throwaway' I think the whole thing is stupid .... banning a NON Item to feel better just to throw a bone to progressives

Because Progressive won't stop ... you tell them to go pound sand

Ooo Trump Cave on Bump Stocks ...
What's Next ... AR Ban Like MD

Midnightrider

Personally I care less what any President thinks, I care about what ex orders they sign and what bills they sign or veto..
I'm well aware of what the AWB did and what it didn't do. Your response to my post tells me you don't know sh!t about firearms....
Except for what you read on Google..

Edit... And I'll ad this about The President and Bump fires,
This is Trump being crafty and being able to throw it back in the dems face. Bump stocks do not reclassify a gun and the law backs that up and it will be clarified soon.... For the second or third time from ATF..

Throw the libs bone by banning a gimmick? Meh...not high on my concern list.

:yay: Truthfully I thought the bump stock was already banned. IIRC even the NRA said meh no biggie.

I mean, it's not like someone intent on committing mass murder will draw the line at illegally modifying a gun, but whatever. Logic isn't their strong point.

You idiots call me a liberal while you advocate for giving up our rights to quiet the ignorant masses. You need to stopexcusing everything your guy does and look at it objectively. Trump is giving this up now, and after the next shooting it will be 30 round mags, and then ARs.

YOU get what YOU voted for

Gee, ya ####ing think??

You people bitch that he must "do something!! :cds:", then you bitch that whatever he does is just swaying to public opinion.

:crazy:

I have never bitched that anyone needs to do something to increase gun control.

If this had been obama you idiots would be talking of revolution.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'm pretty sure the majority here had no issues with a bump stock ban after Las Vegas.

It's would be of no consequence to me, but I have a problem with the government banning anything. It doesn't work. It doesn't get to the root of the problem. And I don't think it should be the responsibility of our government to ban things; not in a free society.

Midnightrider

nah. I wouldn't have cared if Barry threw you libs that bone either. :lmao:

I'm OK with banning flamingo pink rifle furniture too. :coffee:
You aren’t a very good liar
It's would be of no consequence to me, but I have a problem with the government banning anything. It doesn't work. It doesn't get to the root of the problem. And I don't think it should be the responsibility of our government to ban things; not in a free society.

And again the bigger issue is that trump is showing he is going to nickel and dime our rights away to quiet the masses. I doubt the bumpstock ban will satisfy any gun grabbers so this action won’t even have the desired effect. That is unless the desired effect is to show the admin is open to new gun control

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

While I fully agree with all of that, the reality of this case is pretty simple; banning bump-fire devices will have no beneficial effect except for one: it was shut up some of the wailing and flailing anti-2A types. The gummint will create the appearance - the illusion - of having "done something", when, in fact, they've not really done anything at all. Well..I supposed if you are a bump stock manufacturer you'd take a dimmer view. ;-)