Trump News

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Judge Clears Trump of Contempt in New York Attorney General’s Witch Hunt Probe

CBS News reported:

A New York judge ruled Wednesday that Donald Trump is no longer in contempt for failing to turn over documents demanded in a subpoena by the state’s attorney general.
TRENDING: Dr. Zev Zelenko Who Saved Thousands of Lives During the COVID Pandemic Is in Critical Condition - Transferred to ICU
The former president’s April 25 contempt finding came after he contested a December subpoena seeking records related to his personal finances and the financing of several properties. Trump claimed he had no material that was responsive to the subpoena, leading to demands by the judge and the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James that his attorneys provide detailed explanations of how they conducted their search.
“Although we are pleased that the court has lifted the contempt finding, we maintain that it was wholly unwarranted and improper in the first place,” Alina Habba, an attorney for Trump, said in a text message. “We will push ahead with our appeal to secure justice for our client.”

A couple months ago New York Judge Arthur Engoron held Donald Trump in contempt and ordered a fine of $10,000 per day that he refuses to turn over documents to New York Attorney General Letitia James.

“Mr. Trump, I know you take your business seriously, and I take mine seriously, I hereby hold you in civil contempt and fine you $10,000 a day,” Engoron ruled.

Hijinx

So did he pay the fine, does he still owe for not paying it or is the fine null and void.
As the original Judges position should be null and void

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Trump cleared of contempt charges, dealing loss to Democrats

A company that has few concrete policies related to the destruction and retention of documents related to Trump’s personal finances is what nearly all the employees who filed affidavits described, leaving such decisions to individuals, or in certain cases, their department heads.

Largely, those statements mirrored what Trump said in his own affidavit, that “it has been my customary practice to delegate document handling and retention responsibilities to my executive assistants.”

The executive assistants who filed affidavits did not follow any set policies, as they say. Rhona Graff, who is a longtime former assistant, said in a May 31 deposition that she often left such decisions up to other people. The heads of several departments said in affidavits filed June 17, that while they had internal document retention policies, they did not have any policies specific to documents related to Trump himself.

In a June 8 letter to the court, Habba noted that “a vast number” of documents showing Trump’s “handwritten notes” had been turned over by the Trump Organization. Habba’s letter included several photos of the golf legend Gary Player, on which Trump had written “Great,” as well as several legal and design documents in which he wrote “OK.” There was also a note from his daughter on a planning document related to a Trump property in Doral, Florida.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump responded to Grisham’s actions saying that although her behavior was “disappointing,” it was not “surprising,” adding that this was not the first time Grisham “tried to maintain relevancy and profit by using my name to create a false narrative."

“Had I been fully informed of all the details, naturally, I would have immediately denounced the violence that occurred at the Capitol Building…And while Ms. Grisham’s behavior is disappointing, it is not surprising or an isolated incident,” Trump said.

Trump continued to say that her duties were a “very significant undertaking and requires great care, attention to detail, and concentration—both in the planning and execution.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebec...ns-ban-markup-n2610636?utm_campaign=inarticle

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Trump gave order to 'make sure' Jan. 6 rally was 'safe event,' Pentagon memo shows

But the most compelling piece of evidence that Trump wanted to thwart — rather than incite —violence is contained in a lengthy memo written by the Pentagon inspector general that chronicled the assistance the Defense Department offered Congress both ahead of and during the riot.

In it, the IG recounts a fateful meeting on Jan. 3, 2021 in the White House when then-acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller and Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with Trump on national security matters.

The complete passage — hardly mentioned by Democrats at the hearings or the news media covering them — is worth absorbing in its entirety.

"Mr. Miller and GEN Milley met with the President at the White House at 5:30 p.m.," the IG reported. "The primary topic they discussed was unrelated to the scheduled rally. GEN Milley told us that at the end of the meeting, the President told Mr. Miller that there would be a large number of protestors on January 6, 2021, and Mr. Miller should ensure sufficient National Guard or Soldiers would be there to make sure it was a safe event. Gen Milley told us that Mr. Miller responded, 'We've got a plan and we've got it covered.'"

You can read that memo here:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

More Than 100 Trump-Affiliated Lawyers Targeted By Dark Money Group

The group — which takes its name from the number of lawsuits filed that challenged the 2020 election results — is a dark money-fueled nonprofit tied to Democrat Party bigwigs. The 65 Project plans to file ethics complaints against 111 attorneys across 26 states while also airing ads against them in key battlegrounds such as Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

The goal is to prevent conservative attorneys from challenging election results in the future, including the upcoming 2022 midterms. For example, the group is pushing the American Bar Association to codify rules prohibiting certain election challenges and adopting language that “fraudulent and malicious lawsuits to overturn legitimate election results violate the ethical duties lawyers must abide by.”

David Brock, the founder of Media Matters for America and a key fundraiser for the Democratic Party, is an adviser to the 65 Project. He told Axios the goal is to “not only bring the grievances in the bar complaints, but shame them and make them toxic in their communities and in their firms.”

Linda Kerns is one of nine Pennsylvania attorneys who were targeted by the 65 Project last week. In a 15-page ethics complaint filed with the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the leftist group accused Kerns of engaging in “fraudulent and malicious efforts to overturn legitimate elections,” and concluded that the only way to “deter future efforts to undermine elections through frivolous litigation” is for the Office of Disciplinary Counsel to suspend or remove Kerns’ law license.

“It’s an abuse of the ethics process,” Kerns told The Federalist. While nothing will likely come of the complaint, the 65 Project leaked it to Kerns’ local newspaper, The Philadelphia Inquirer, which ran the story on its front page.

“It was all nonsense, but the average person isn’t going to know that. They did what they set out to do: They embarrassed me and got the message out to the public that this lawyer did something wrong,” Kerns said. “They want to destroy our livelihoods.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New York Post Sets the Stage for Another Flight 93 Election by Declaring President Trump 'Unworthy' to Be President

The New York Post, reportedly President Trump’s favorite newspaper, has come out swinging against the idea of President Trump running again. Using the clownish “January 6 committee” proceedings as a starting point, the New York Post goes on to declare:

But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country’s chief executive again.

Battle lines for 2024 are shaping up to be uncomfortably similar to those that appeared in 2016. A significant number of the NeverTrump types from 2016 never reconciled themselves to President Trump in the White House. More will crawl out of the swamp to oppose his 2024 run based on what President Trump will do if elected (Trump Team Plans Post-Election Purge of Department of Justice, FBI, and the Intelligence Community).

Even though Mitch McConnell promises us it will be a “crowded field” in 2024, I think that’s bunk.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Federal Criminal Probe Into Donald Trump Underway

The Justice Department is investigating former President Donald Trump as part of its larger criminal inquiry into efforts to overturn the 2020 election, according to a new report.
Prosecutors have begun asking witnesses, including top aides to former Vice President Mike Pence, about conversations they had with Trump, his lawyers, and others in his inner circle, sources told the Washington Post….
…The investigation aims to uncover what the former president told his attorneys and senior officials to do as part of their bid to change the 2020 election outcome, and there are two other paths that could lead to additional scrutiny of Trump, the sources said.
One centers on seditious conspiracy and conspiracy to obstruct a government proceeding, similar to charges levied against individuals who were arrested for storming the Capitol. Another involves charging Trump with fraud in connection to the false electors plot or his efforts to pressure the DOJ to overturn the results of the election.

As I’ve shared before, I just don’t get the whole “false electors” obsession nor do I see any illegality in it. All it entailed was a group of self-chosen “alternative” electors making a purely ceremonial and non-legally biding commitment to vote for Trump if decertification happened. I’m not going to argue with those that find that objectionable, but there’s a difference between objectionable and criminal.

None of the “false electors” ever cast a vote for anything, they didn’t interfere with the election, and the original electors cast their votes for Joe Biden. If that’s what the DOJ is probing, good luck proving a “seditious conspiracy” without any actual attempt at sedition on the record. Besides, how can something be a conspiracy when the plans were public knowledge at the time?

Moving on to the idea that Trump criminally conspired to obstruct a government proceeding, that doesn’t make much sense either. Trump was asking former Vice President Mike Pence to do something he felt was legal under the Electoral College Act. It is not “obstructing” a government proceeding if you intend to use legal mechanisms to reach your goal. Yes, in the end, Pence decided he didn’t believe he had the power, but obviously, Trump thought otherwise. There’s no intent there. Are we going to start criminalizing all possible misinterpretations of law by politicians? Because that would be quite the can of worms to open.

Hijinx

What is crazy is that we know that Hillary tried to interfere with the election with the Russian Hoax and then continued with it throughout his Presidency and the justice department doesn't care. But they go after Trump.

Now we find out that the RNC has come out against Trump and threatened to cut off funds if he runs again
It must be tough to beat both parties when running for the Presidency.

Then we have the Washington Post declaring Trump unfit.

Both parties scared shtless of a Trump run.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I was wrong about Trump

Had it not been for the vehement and irrational hatred of Trump, we never would have discovered that our own security and intelligence structures are compromised. I blame #NeverTrumpers for corrupting these Agencies. This unprecedented breach of the very security of this nation is unprecedented and deeply dangerous, leaving us open to the espionage of courtesans who prey on politicians who think with their private parts.

A large part of Trump’s appeal was that he was a bona fide outsider. He distrusted the experts who believe they knew better than the average American how to run the country. This distrust was appealing to Trump’s base who believed, and with good reason, that is the experts who created the despotic mess in which we find ourselves.

We always knew but never had anyone champion that we, not the Swamp, knew better how to manage our money, our time, our personal lives, our resources and our families. In their authoritarian mindsets, the Left wanted to take over all these very personal, uniquely American functions and replace it with governmental overreach. They nearly got their wish, had it not been for COVID's home zoom classes where we found out that very young children are being sexualized, perverted, deliberately alienated from their parents and taught to hate America and white people.

…They know that Republicans will lose all further elections until they get to the bottom of the last one.

This most sensitive area of politics is a disaster. I believe the election was stolen and millions of others do. We now have evidence from many quarters that this is so. It cannot be permitted a repeat or there will be severe repercussions that will dwarf the current ones.

Some will say that Trump is a bad man and that disqualifies him. I do not think Trump is a bad man, but for those who do I remind them that a bad man in some circumstances can be a good president. If you’re dying of thirst and there is only one person offering you water, you accept the water gratefully without much concern for the character of your rescuer.

We wanted Trump not only to fix things; we wanted him to be perfect while doing it. That is unrealistic in the average family, the average relationship, the average business and the average political or cultural milieu. Yet some of us wanted Trump to be perfect enough to invite to tea. He is not that man. But he is the man for our tumultuous times.

This enumeration of Trump’s virtues does not fully capture his uncommon courage and firmness of purpose. Trump is the most towering political figure in living memory… Trump inspired a movement. If properly deployed this movement might challenge the woke-comms, and God willing, save the country.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Trump Is Not an 'Insurrectionist'

In an editorial called "Trump's Silence on Jan 6 Is Damning," the New York Post wrote: "His only focus was to find any means -- damn the consequences -- to block the peaceful transfer of power. There is no other explanation, just as there is no defense, for his refusal to stop the violence. It's up to the Justice Department to decide if this is a crime. But as a matter of principle, as a matter of character, Trump has proven himself unworthy to be this country's chief executive again."

I disagree.

[clip]

As to fomenting an "insurrection," Kash Patel, chief of staff for the acting Secretary of Defense said that on Jan. 4, "Mr. Trump unequivocally authorized up to 20,000 National Guardsmen and women for us to utilize should the second part of the law, the request, come in. But those requests never did." Patel says he testified under oath to the Jan. 6 committee that he was in the room when Trump made this authorization.

What part of "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" -- as Trump said in his Jan. 6 speech -- do the Jan. 6 committee members not understand? Yes, the speech ended with, "We fight like hell. And if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore." But politicians have long used rhetoric like "We're going to fight," or "We're going to take back America," or "This is war."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattv...tax-hike-plan-n2610926?utm_campaign=inarticle

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

FBI Raids Trump’s Home At Mar-A-Lago

“These are dark times for our Nation, as my beautiful home, Mar-A-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents,” Trump said in a statement. “After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate.”

Trump claimed that the raid was an attempt by Democrats to weaponize the Justice System to stop him from running for president again in 2024 and to hurt Republicans in the upcoming midterms.

“They even broke into my safe!” Trump said. “It is political targeting at the highest level!”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
trump-raid-announcement.jpg

Reactions: TPD

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Alan Dershowitz Rips FBI Raid on Trump, Raises Legal Questions About How It Was Conducted

Reports are suggesting that this raid may be in relation to classified documents that they think should be with the National Archives. But if that’s the case, it’s an insane overreaction rather than just pursuing the documents in a normal manner. The family said they had been cooperating in reviewing documents that the National Archives might want. But to send in agents and just grab documents right and left, even breaking into the safe in the home is just wild and it sounds like a fishing expedition. Is it to try to find other things, with that as an excuse?

Constitutional scholar Alan Dershowitz is calling it “misconduct.” According to him, in an appearance on Newsmax, such a raid should be the method of last resort, unless they can’t get the documents through subpoenas or any other lawful methods.

“The raid is supposed to be a last resort,” he said. “But this administration has used the weaponization of the justice system against its political enemies. It has arrested people, denied them bail, put them in handcuffs – used all kinds of techniques that are not usually applied to American citizens. I just hope this raid has the justification. If it doesn’t have the justification, the materials seized in it will be suppressed.”

“This is improper, and this is misconduct,” Dershowitz said if they didn’t have any more justification. “We have to find out what the facts are. But we have to make sure the shoe fits on the other foot – that we want to make sure what is being one here is something that Democrats would not oppose if it were being done to Democratic operatives, as well.”