Trump News

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Eric Trump Recalls Odd Thing FBI Did During Raid

Trump told the Daily Mail that the FBI refused to to hand over the search warrant for their raid on the Florida residence.

He also recalled about 30 FBI agents kicking his attorney off the property.

“So they showed it to her from about 10 feet away. They would not give her a copy of the search warrant,” Trump said.

“There’s 30 agents there… They told our lawyer … you have to leave the property right now. Turn off all security cameras,” Trump said.

He said that the former president’s attorney Christina Bobb was forced to stand at the end of the Mar-a-Lago’s driveway during the raid.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Judge Orders Department of Justice to Respond to Requests to Unseal FBI’s Trump Warrant

Judicial Watch and the Albany Times Union newspaper filed a motion to unseal the document earlier this week, which was granted by a judge in the case.

“On or before 5:00 p.m. Eastern time on August 15, 2022, the Government shall file a Response to the Motion to Unseal,” wrote U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart on Wednesday afternoon, referring to the Department of Justice.

“The response may be filed ex parte and under seal as necessary to avoid disclosing matters already under seal. In that event, the Government shall file a redacted Response in the public record. If it chooses, the Government may file a consolidated Response to all Motions to Seal,” he wrote.

Neither the FBI nor Justice Department has issued public comments about the raid, which was first confirmed by Trump on Monday evening.

The FBI declined to comment when contacted by The Epoch Times, and the Justice Department has not responded to several requests for comment.

Hijinx

I don't know if Donald Trump will ever be prosecuted, but there is no doubt and easily provable that he has been persecuted.

The persecution of Donald Trump is historical.

And they are doing it with our tax money.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Trump & Our Late Roman Moment

Y'all know that I am not a Trump fan, but in this case, I can't separate the raid on his house from the rest of the rottenness of our ruling class. I am reminded of something I've repeated in this space a lot since I heard it last summer in Budapest. I was talking in a taxi with a younger voter who told me she planned to vote for Viktor Orban's party in the spring election. I asked her why, and she spoke at length about how fed up she was with what she believed was Orban's tolerance for financial corruption among his supporters. So why do you stick with Orban? I asked. She talked about culture -- specifically, about gender ideology that the European Union was trying to push onto Hungarians, but which Orban was fighting tooth and nail. She put it something like this (I paraphrase): "All corruption is bad, but not all corruption is equally bad. Financial corruption is normal. The moral evil of gender ideology is on a totally different level. If we accept that spiritual and moral corruption, we are finished."

I hadn't thought of it that way, but she's right. To the extent that Donald Trump or Viktor Orban is corrupt, it's Mayor Daley's Chicago corruption, or Huey Long's Louisiana corruption. To the extent that the Ruling Class is corrupt, it's Fall of Rome stuff, or Weimar Germany level rot. I would prefer that the champion against the Regime would be a man (or woman) of unimpeachable character. I don't see him or her; I'll take what we have, reminding myself that the faultless man lauded by his contemporaries as "The Incorruptible" was Maximilien Robespierre, a social justice warrior who turned into one of modernity's great political monsters.

My Cypriot driver laughed as we motored up mountain roads: "Who's next for you Americans? Caligula? Nero?" He was kidding, but this came at the end of a discourse in which he talked about how much he used to admire America, but no more. We start wars that ruin people's countries (Cyprus, by virtue of its geography, has lots of ties to the Arab world), and now we have generated a sick way of thinking that is requiring his daughter to learn in school that she might be a boy. He's right about that. Meanwhile, I'm supposed to give a pass to the people who believe all that is fine, but the real crime -- a crime so great that it requires an unprecedented federal law enforcement intervention -- is Donald Trump taking documents he shouldn't have out of the White House? Really?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Former President Donald Trump is appealing the dismissal of his lawsuit against Twitter for violating his First Amendment rights by banning him from the platform, and one of his attorneys said the key issue is whether Twitter was acting at the behest of government officials to censor him.

Alex Kozinski, who is representing the former president, said the government can’t use a third party as a cat’s paw to get around the law.

“When the government forces a private individual or cajoles a private individual to do something that they otherwise wouldn’t do, that is considered to be the action of the government,” Kozinski said in a recent interview for EpochTV’s “Crossroads” program.

StmarysCity79

Former President Donald Trump is appealing the dismissal of his lawsuit against Twitter for violating his First Amendment rights by banning him from the platform, and one of his attorneys said the key issue is whether Twitter was acting at the behest of government officials to censor him.

Alex Kozinski, who is representing the former president, said the government can’t use a third party as a cat’s paw to get around the law.

“When the government forces a private individual or cajoles a private individual to do something that they otherwise wouldn’t do, that is considered to be the action of the government,” Kozinski said in a recent interview for EpochTV’s “Crossroads” program.

First amendment rights do not to apply to private platforms. The terms of service you agree to when you sign up spells it out clearly. Just as this websites does.

This suit will be dismissed post haste

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

FBI agents were searching for classified documents about NUCLEAR WEAPONS when they raided Mar-a-Lago, according to report, as Merrick Garland says HE approved search warrant on Trump's Florida home

• Attorney General Merrick Garland called for the threats and verbal attacks against FBI and DOJ officials to cease in his brief public remarks
  • A response to the DOJ's petition to unseal the warrant is required by Monday
  • Republicans have been pushing Attorney General Garland and FBI Director Wray to speak in the days since the FBI's unannounced search of Mar-a-Lago
  • Donald Trump announced on Monday night that FBI 'raided' his Florida home
  • A day later, one of his top allies in Congress, Rep. Scott Perry, had his cellphone seized by the FBI while he was traveling with his family
  • The FBI operation at Mar-a-Lago was apparently related to National Archives

HemiHauler

First amendment rights do not to apply to private platforms. The terms of service you agree to when you sign up spells it out clearly. Just as this websites does.

This suit will be dismissed post haste
It’s all just pablum for the gaggle of screeching monkeys who make up his base. These law suits are all baseless but the allow him to keep up the façade that he’s “fighting big tech” — a catch phrase for the screeching monkeys. Then, when the cases are dismissed, he can blame the deep state and use it as a catalyst for more grift, excuse me — fundraising. LOL

You’d think his supporters would catch on, but we’re not talking about very smart or sophisticated people here.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
index.php

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

OBSERVATIONS ON THE MAR-A-LAGO RAID

* Multiple parties, including Judicial Watch, moved the Florida court to unseal the filings related to the search warrant. The magistrate gave the government until close of business on Monday to respond. In effect, Garland said today that DOJ will accede to these motions and unseal the records. It remains to be seen how informative they will be.

* President Trump, like other presidents before him, took files with him when he left the White House. There is nothing necessarily wrong with this. The Presidential Records Act, passed in 1978, says that the official records of a president are public property and belong to the National Archives. But a president can take with him, when he leaves office, personal papers as well as–a point that I haven’t seen made–copies of documents, as long as they are marked as such and he leaves a copy for the Archives.

* Trump, like prior presidents, has negotiated with the National Archives about the materials he took with him. Earlier this year, he sent 15 boxes to the Archives. Subsequently, it is reported that representatives of the Archives came to Mar-a-Lago to review approximately 15 more boxes that Trump still had in his basement. While they were doing the review, Trump came downstairs to greet them. I don’t think the contents of those boxes, the apparent target of the search warrant, are a mystery to the Archives or to DOJ. Maybe they were hoping to discover something new in Melania’s closets.

* The DOJ, in its many press leaks, mostly to its in-house media organ the New York Times, keeps talking about classified information. This is because no penalty attaches to violation of the Presidential Records Act. The Biden administration has to allege the commission of a crime, and that most likely explains its references to classified information.

* I have no idea whether classified information is included in the 15 boxes that Trump has in his basement or not. It wouldn’t be surprising. The serious criminal statutes on classified information relate to passing it on to, say, the Russians or Chinese. As far as we know, there is no suggestion that Trump gave classified information to anyone. He was perfectly entitled to know it and to view it himself; the issue is that he may have taken it to an unauthorized location, i.e., Mar-a-Lago. Until now, this has generally not been considered a serious offense. Sandy Berger is an exception, although he got a slap on the wrist. But in his case, the point was that he stole a document from the Archives, apparently something damaging to the Clinton administration, so as to delete it from the historical record. There is no such suggestion, as far as we know, with regard to Trump.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

FBI Raided Mar-A-Lago To Search For ‘Top Secret’ Documents On ‘Nuclear Weapons,’ Report Claims

Federal law enforcement officials were allegedly searching for highly classified documents on “nuclear weapons” when they raided former President Donald Trump’s home in Florida earlier this week, according to a report.

The Washington Post claimed in a report that those familiar with the matter did not offer any specific details on whether the alleged documents on nuclear weapons were about weapons that were possessed by the United States or a foreign nation, and they did not disclose what was recovered during the search.

“If that is true, it would suggest that material residing unlawfully at Mar-a-Lago may have been classified at the highest classification level,” said David Laufman, the former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence section, which investigates leaks of classified information. “If the FBI and the Department of Justice believed there were top secret materials still at Mar-a-Lago, that would lend itself to greater ‘hair-on-fire’ motivation to recover that material as quickly as possible.”

Still not a reason for a raid with automatic weapons

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Federal agents were searching for supposed documents that were lingering in the residence. Last winter, some 15 boxes were already returned to the National Archives, which suddenly became anal-retentive about the Trump documents and the Presidential Records Act. As we noted yesterday, Barack Obama reportedly has thousands of records missing. When are we conducting a ‘sack of Rome’ raid on his home?

The items on the checklist for the National Archives were some mementos of the Trump presidency, including dinner menus and a cocktail napkin—I’m not kidding. These items eventually led to the FBI raid since authorities were still suspicious that everything had not been retrieved from the home of the former president. Call it cocktail napkin-gate or what have you—but this federal presence at Mar-a-Lago was also looking for something else. The DOJ has been leaking like a sieve, with sources telling publications like The Washington Post that agents were scouring the domicile for—get this—classified nuclear information. Did the FBI think Mar-a-Lago had a nuclear weapons program? We’ve now entered the Hall of Fame status with regards to the silly season that’s engulfed the Justice Department (via WaPo):

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation.
Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into the wrong hands.
The people who described some of the material that agents were seeking spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. They did not offer additional details about what type of information the agents were seeking, including whether it involved weapons belonging to the United States or some other nation. Nor did they say if such documents were recovered as part of the search. A Trump spokesman did not respond to a request for comment. The Justice Department and FBI declined to comment.

HemiHauler

Federal agents were searching for supposed documents that were lingering in the residence. Last winter, some 15 boxes were already returned to the National Archives, which suddenly became anal-retentive about the Trump documents and the Presidential Records Act. As we noted yesterday, Barack Obama reportedly has thousands of records missing. When are we conducting a ‘sack of Rome’ raid on his home?

The items on the checklist for the National Archives were some mementos of the Trump presidency, including dinner menus and a cocktail napkin—I’m not kidding. These items eventually led to the FBI raid since authorities were still suspicious that everything had not been retrieved from the home of the former president. Call it cocktail napkin-gate or what have you—but this federal presence at Mar-a-Lago was also looking for something else. The DOJ has been leaking like a sieve, with sources telling publications like The Washington Post that agents were scouring the domicile for—get this—classified nuclear information. Did the FBI think Mar-a-Lago had a nuclear weapons program? We’ve now entered the Hall of Fame status with regards to the silly season that’s engulfed the Justice Department (via WaPo):

Ah yes, typical whataboutism.

Hey dumb ass: Obama transferred documents through the National Archives.

But why let facts get in the way of your propaganda.

OccamsRazor

I just find it hilarious that the entire 4th page of this thread is nothing but cut-n-pastes from the resident news aggregator.
I lost count at the 45th cut-n-paste on this thread alone.
BUT.... they are not paid and they are here for the conversation! :rolleyes: