Trump News

Hijinx

I would think that with a new President the Nuclear Codes would be changed.
Why would we have an ex-President with the ability to use his old codes to have a nuclear incident.

By the way who has the new Nuclear Codes, since it is impossible for me to believe Biden could remember the code from one day to the next. Does Dr. Jill keep them for him?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I would think that with a new President the Nuclear Codes would be changed.
Why would we have an ex-President with the ability to use his old codes to have a nuclear incident.

By the way who has the new Nuclear Codes, since it is impossible for me to believe Biden could remember the code from one day to the next. Does Dr. Jill keep them for him?
It's not left to the memory of any sitting president. It is written down and secured to the highest level. Not only would the codes be changed between presidents, they are changed out daily.
Before it can be read, an opaque plastic covering must be snapped in two and removed. Gold Codes are generated daily and provided by the National Security Agency (NSA) to the White House, The Pentagon, United States Strategic Command and TACAMO.

Hijinx

It's not left to the memory of any sitting president. It is written down and secured to the highest level. Not only would the codes be changed between presidents, they are changed out daily.
In other words he could have the daily codes for the last 4 years and they would not be worth a damn.
And of course he doesn't have them, they are probably destroyed each day.
Just another lie told by Justice Department to justify their BS raid.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
In other words he could have the daily codes for the last 4 years and they would not be worth a damn.
And of course he doesn't have them, they are probably destroyed each day.
Just another lie told by Justice Department to justify their BS raid.
Nope, the President doesn't have possession of the "actual codes" needed to launch. What he has is the "biscuit" that is used to verify that he is the President and is authorized to direct a nuclear strike. Anyone remember when Clinton lost his "biscuit" and didn't tell anyone for months?

Hijinx

IMO all of this hype about Nuclear secrets, and Trumps being a traitor are bullshit.
Anyone who listens to this crap is an idiot of the first water.

Bill Clinton GAVE China our missile technology and nothing was done about.
Yet they keep phucking with Trump.

Bare-ya-cuda

It’s all just pablum for the gaggle of screeching monkeys who make up his base. These law suits are all baseless but the allow him to keep up the façade that he’s “fighting big tech” — a catch phrase for the screeching monkeys. Then, when the cases are dismissed, he can blame the deep state and use it as a catalyst for more grift, excuse me — fundraising. LOL

You’d think his supporters would catch on, but we’re not talking about very smart or sophisticated people here.

Taking your mental disorder to a whole new level here. Taking it from posting MPD’ in one thread to actually having a conversation with yourself.

I guess this makes you smarter and more sophisticated that the rest of us.

Bare-ya-cuda

It’s all just pablum for the gaggle of screeching monkeys who make up his base. These law suits are all baseless but the allow him to keep up the façade that he’s “fighting big tech” — a catch phrase for the screeching monkeys. Then, when the cases are dismissed, he can blame the deep state and use it as a catalyst for more grift, excuse me — fundraising. LOL

You’d think his supporters would catch on, but we’re not talking about very smart or sophisticated people here.
I think you owe your other MPD a like, return the favor to yourself.

OccamsRazor

Clueless ..... the thread is about TRUMP NEWS
Hey... if you have shame in admitting it... that's on you. I have seen and dealt with paid news aggregators and there is no question that YOU are one of them.
What is your excuse for the other 5,367 threads that you have cut-n-pasted into?
I guess you are providing some service to this forum and the owners don't seem to care so, rock on with your bad self. Just left wondering why you refuse to admit it. It's not a crime ya' know.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Hey... if you have shame in admitting it... that's on you. I have seen and dealt with paid news aggregators and there is no question that YOU are one of them.
What is your excuse for the other 5,367 threads that you have cut-n-pasted into?
I guess you are providing some service to this forum and the owners don't seem to care so, rock on with your bad self. Just left wondering why you refuse to admit it. It's not a crime ya' know.
It's made him filthy rich...you should see what he drives.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

OK Truby ..... keep looking stupid with your dumb assed assumptons

itsbob

I bowl overhand
First amendment rights do not to apply to private platforms. The terms of service you agree to when you sign up spells it out clearly. Just as this websites does.

This suit will be dismissed post haste
Did you even read the post!!?? If the government intervened, and asked, or told Twitter to ban him, to silence him, that it would no longer be a private company doing the dirty work.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Megyn Kelly has a good view on the raid.. The simple act of him having classified documents, in and of itself rarely would result in an FBI raid.. and NEVER for a former President.. BUT on the other hand, they really want to hand Trump his ass over Jan 6th, and right now they have nothing, nothing to connect him to the actual riot, or the break in at the Capitol. So, under the guise of "he has Secret documents" they can trash his house, and take any and all documents, and devices.. and hope to find the smoking gun for Jan 6th.

I mean, how many of us know of people that may have accidentally removed classified documents from the office.. either on a laptop, or in a notebook.. or as a printed e-mail. Unless they are believed to have sold them, or used them for nefarious reasons, I don't recall anyone's house being raided by 30 FBI agents. That's reserved for people involved in espionage, or spying.

Then if what they say is true.. they kicked their lawyer off of the property, and didn't give her a copy of the warrant??

Yeah, this stinks to high heaven.. and is total BullSchiff.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Megyn Kelly has a good view on the raid.. The simple act of him having classified documents, in and of itself rarely would result in an FBI raid.. and NEVER for a former President.. BUT on the other hand, they really want to hand Trump his ass over Jan 6th, and right now they have nothing, nothing to connect him to the actual riot, or the break in at the Capitol. So, under the guise of "he has Secret documents" they can trash his house, and take any and all documents, and devices.. and hope to find the smoking gun for Jan 6th.

I mean, how many of us know of people that may have accidentally removed classified documents from the office.. either on a laptop, or in a notebook.. or as a printed e-mail. Unless they are believed to have sold them, or used them for nefarious reasons, I don't recall anyone's house being raided by 30 FBI agents. That's reserved for people involved in espionage, or spying.

Then if what they say is true.. they kicked their lawyer off of the property, and didn't give her a copy of the warrant??

Yeah, this stinks to high heaven.. and is total BullSchiff.
Plus I heard over the weekend that the DOJ denied a request to have a Special Magistrate (?) go through the boxes first to remove any documents that would fall under Attorney/Client privilege.

Hijinx

This was the only way they could get the documents that were protected by the law.
They just took them.
They broke the law.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Records Suggest A Backbench Bureaucrat’s Partisan Grievance Spurred The FBI’s Nakedly Political Raid On Trump

Leakers Gave Away the Game

The DOJ leaker reportedly told Newsweek that NARA “believe[ed] that the former White House was stonewalling and continued to possess unauthorized material” and that the National Archive then, earlier this year, “asked the Justice Department to investigate.” The same leaker claimed a grand jury had “concluded that there had been a violation of the law.” Further, according to Newsweek and its “intelligence source,” “the affidavit to obtain the search warrant” “contained abundant and persuasive detail that Trump continued to possess the relevant records in violation of federal law, and that investigators had sufficient information to prove that those records were located at Mar-a-Lago — including the detail that they were contained in a specific safe in a specific room.”

Putting aside for a moment the DOJ’s reliance on “Obstruction of Justice,” this leak reveals the raid of Mar-a-Lago resulted from the criminal investigation into Trump’s compliance with the Presidential Records Act, prompted by NARA under the leadership of then-Archivist Ferriero. And for three reasons, Americans can safely conclude the DOJ’s launching of a criminal investigation — and its use of a grand jury — to target former president Trump was a political witch hunt.

First, NARA handled its discovery of Hillary Clinton’s violation of the equivalent “Federal Records Act” vastly differently. In September of 2015, in response to questions from Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, about the former secretary of state’s use of a non-governmental email account, Ferriero informed Grassley of NARA’s normal response to allegations of “unauthorized destruction or removal of federal records.” “NARA will write a letter to the agency asking it to report back to NARA within 30 days and open a case file on the matter.” At that point, NARA and the agency would work together to recover any missing documents or to reconstruct them if needed.

NARA then explained that upon learning of Clinton’s use of a non-governmental email account in March 2015, it “immediately acted In accordance with our regulations by sending a letter to the State Department, setting off the process described above.” Significantly, while noting that the use of the non-government email may result in a separate DOJ investigation, in the case of Clinton, “NARA has not Initiated an ‘Investigation’ of Secretary Clinton’s email practices; rather, as noted above, we have been communicating with the State Department on this matter, and are deferring to the State Department’s review (and any other agencies conducting Investigations).”

In contrast, in the case of Trump, NARA referred the matter of documents stamped “classified” to the DOJ, which promptly opened an investigation into Trump and used a grand jury to subpoena Trump and others.

Numerous public statements by Ferriero, who at the time of the referral to the DOJ served as the country’s archivist, suggest a partisan goal underlying the referral. First was Ferriero’s bizarre overreaction to “watching the Trumps leaving the White House and getting off in the helicopter” while someone was “carrying a white banker box.” “What the hell’s in that box?,” Ferriero claimed he asked himself.

Then there was Ferriero’s admission that he decided to retire at the end of April 2022 “because he is worried about the political future.” “It’s important to me, that this administration replace me,” Ferriero said, adding, “I’m concerned about what’s going to happen in 2024. I don’t want it left to … the unknowns of the presidential election.”

That’s quite a strange statement for an archivist to make, suggesting as it does that politics matter in the performance of his role.

Third, Ferriero’s comments during a post-retirement interview discussing Jan. 6, suggest he holds an anti-Trump bias. “On his office television, David S. Ferriero, the archivist of the United States, had watched outgoing President Donald Trump whip up the right-wing crowd near the White House,” the Post reported. Ferriero said he recalled watching “this angry mob … really angry, angry people” and thinking to himself, “if these people realize what’s in this building they’re passing, we’re at risk here.” The former archivist called January 6, 2021, “the worst day of his tenure as the keeper of the nation’s collective memory,” and “the worst day of my life” — “the absolute worst.”

It is not merely NARA’s referral to the DOJ and Ferriero’s apparent bias that suggests a political motive, however: It is the reality that even if the documents were classified, Trump has the right to access them and NARA could have worked with the former president to set up a secure location for his presidential papers, which is precisely what Ferriero and the NARA did with Barack Obama.