Trump on track to surpass all of Obama's travel costs in 2 years or less

awpitt

Main Streeter
Figures don't lie , but liars figure.

A pretty old saying, but true.

Many posters here (No names mentioned) Will agree to anything anti-Trump.
It irks them that for 4 years Trump can travel pretty much anywhere he wants to go.
Didn't seem to bother them when Obama went to New York for dinner , or California to get on a TV show.
They didn't mind the Mooch renting out entire floors in Aspen or Africa.
Now they sh1t themselves over Trump going to Fla.

I bet Trump is saying #### 'em.
Until they open their eyes to the Muslim President and bitch about his extravagance, I pretty much feel the same way.

Obama didn't promise to rarely leave the White House. Obama didn't criticize his predecessor over travel habits. Trump made a promise to not travel and cost money they his predecessor did. Trump is clearly breaking that promise.

Hijinx

Obama didn't promise to rarely leave the White House. Obama didn't criticize his predecessor over travel habits. Trump made a promise to not travel and cost money they his predecessor did. Trump is clearly breaking that promise.

So Obama didn't lie about not staying at the White House.
Do you really want to start a war on the lies he did use?
The promises he broke?

This_person

This is true. But, using highly misleading figures to demonstrate the costs hurts your argument.

CalvertNewb

Figures don't lie , but liars figure.

A pretty old saying, but true.

Many posters here (No names mentioned) Will agree to anything anti-Trump.
It irks them that for 4 years Trump can travel pretty much anywhere he wants to go.Didn't seem to bother them when Obama went to New York for dinner , or California to get on a TV show.
They didn't mind the Mooch renting out entire floors in Aspen or Africa.
Now they sh1t themselves over Trump going to Fla.I bet Trump is saying #### 'em.
Until they open their eyes to the Muslim President and bitch about his extravagance, I pretty much feel the same way.

So on the one hand you complain about liberals who complain about everything Trump does and in the next sentence you spout Fake news about Obama being Muslim and complain about everything he ever did and call him Mooch.

Seems pretty hypocritical

Midnightrider

You sure? As any story that makes really fantastic claims, the first thing I did was Google Obama trips - and look for articles older than five months, so as not to see all the ones decrying Trump, because they were sure to be biased against him.

True to form, there were lots of articles about Obama - not necessarily from right wing sources - critical of his travel, not the least of which mentioned costs for flying to fundraisers.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...avel-costs-bring-eight-year-total-96-million/

Also mentioned in the article are travel taken by Michele, some of which would be political in nature.

I'm skeptical of the numbers for trips to Florida - to his OWN place. It's not as though an entire hotel and surrounding area had to be specially rented.
10 million for 2.5 months strikes me as hard to believe - if he traveled there every weekend, that's what, a million per weekend? While the Obamas went to Aspen and Martha's Vineyard for half that? (Or less?)
What'd they do, stay at the Motel 6?
pay attention to the below.....
This exactly.

The fact that he visits his own property makes me more angry not less. Reason being is he is actually profiting by paying himself with us tax payer funds. He is essentially renting rooms for secret service and other members of his entourage and charging the government for it and then pocketing it.

Not to mention additional secret service for all his children and Melanie

For me this isn't the first time I've felt he campaigned one way and changed tack once elected but the fact that his supporters defend this practice is hypocritical at least. Possibly criminal at worst

not only are they renting out a significant portion of the resort to secret service and other official personnel, they get yuuuuuuuge press for the place every time he goes there.

This_person

pay attention to the below.....

not only are they renting out a significant portion of the resort to secret service and other official personnel, they get yuuuuuuuge press for the place every time he goes there.

And?

I'm just curious, do you think the SS that live on the Clinton's land do so for free?

PsyOps

Pixelated
This exactly.

The fact that he visits his own property makes me more angry not less. Reason being is he is actually profiting by paying himself with us tax payer funds. He is essentially renting rooms for secret service and other members of his entourage and charging the government for it and then pocketing it.

Not to mention additional secret service for all his children and Melanie

For me this isn't the first time I've felt he campaigned one way and changed tack once elected but the fact that his supporters defend this practice is hypocritical at least. Possibly criminal at worst

Have you considered he isn't charging rent for those rooms?

CalvertNewb

While normal i would give the benefit of the doubt to most Presidents to do the right thing Trump has shown time and again he doesn't care about the rules and does care about profits.

He also paid his companies $12.8 million in Campaign funds, giving a good indication that this is normal business for him and that he will most likely continue this trend.

This_person

While normal i would give the benefit of the doubt to most Presidents to do the right thing Trump has shown time and again he doesn't care about the rules and does care about profits.

He also paid his companies $12.8 million in Campaign funds, giving a good indication that this is normal business for him and that he will most likely continue this trend.

Do you know the SS actually pays for every place they stay? Like, the house on the Clinton compound - they pay for that. You know that, right? The SS is paying the Clintons for the right to stay on their land to protect them - all about profits?

CalvertNewb

Do you know the SS actually pays for every place they stay? Like, the house on the Clinton compound - they pay for that. You know that, right? The SS is paying the Clintons for the right to stay on their land to protect them - all about profits?

Yes. I am well aware of that. Having a secret service on staff is essential for presidents and ex presidents

However the Clintons have not been outspoken critics of other presidents spending and golfing habits as Trump has . The Clintons do not maintain what is essentially two other primary residences in addition to the white house as Trump does. The Clintons have not campaigned on cutting spending and then turned around and spend more then their predecessors.

The Clintons also are not President. Trump is. Face the facts that he is not behaving properly and stop trying to bring the Clintons into every discussion.

This_person

Yes. I am well aware of that. Having a secret service on staff is essential for presidents and ex presidents

However the Clintons have not been outspoken critics of other presidents spending and golfing habits as Trump has . The Clintons do not maintain what is essentially two other primary residences in addition to the white house as Trump does. The Clintons have not campaigned on cutting spending and then turned around and spend more then their predecessors.

The Clintons also are not President. Trump is. Face the facts that he is not behaving properly and stop trying to bring the Clintons into every discussion.

See, in this thread I have repeatedly said that Trump's actions are contrary to what he promised, and not what I support. I simply don't support dishonest or disingenuous attacks on him. There is no reason to be upset with him for the SS staying where they stay - that's what they do. When she was senator and Sec State, Mrs. Clinton did in fact maintain separate residence from her husband's NY residence. These are just what people do.

Be upset with Trump for going back on his promise - that's pretty valid. The rest of the "add ons" about the SS, and the travel costs, and all that crap are just that - crap. They cloud the real issue with (at best) misleading information.

CalvertNewb

See, in this thread I have repeatedly said that Trump's actions are contrary to what he promised, and not what I support. I simply don't support dishonest or disingenuous attacks on him. There is no reason to be upset with him for the SS staying where they stay - that's what they do. When she was senator and Sec State, Mrs. Clinton did in fact maintain separate residence from her husband's NY residence. These are just what people do.

Be upset with Trump for going back on his promise - that's pretty valid. The rest of the "add ons" about the SS, and the travel costs, and all that crap are just that - crap. They cloud the real issue with (at best) misleading information.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I also find him going back on his promises repugnant. However his pace of spending is outrageous. No President has maintained a separate residence for FLOTUS. Going anywhere almost every weekend regardless of whether he owns the property or not is also outrageous. Every trip to florida is estimated to cost nearly $2 million dollars. That is hardly crap or misleading. It is waste.

PsyOps

Pixelated

It would be nice to have evidence one way or the other. But given he isn't accepting his salary, it's not beyond belief that he would provide those rooms rent-free.

Midnightrider

You don't know if they are actually charging rent or not.
so trump, being the businessman that he is, is taking a huge loss on his numerous field trips to mar a largo? that doesn't make any sense, and I doubt it would fly with his partners/investors.

If he is I would be happy to revise my opinion, but I haven't seen anything to indicate trump is comping his entire entourage.