Ugly Broad!

Agee

Saw some footage of the city jail in NO. The roof was torn off, and a bunch of the prisoners were in the rafters while water was filling up the jail. The rest of the prisoners were hudled together outside on the highway, being guarded by a few officers with automatic weapons.

Appeared to me, it wouldn't take much for the prisoners to revolt and disperse themselves among, the looters, gators, and sharks!

Couldn't the city put these pukes to work, cleaning up the city, plugging the levies, etc., instead of camping them out on the highway?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Couldn't the city put these pukes to work, cleaning up the city, plugging the levies, etc., instead of camping them out on the highway?
:yeahthat: I saw the footage and I was wondering that myself. If they can use them for litter pickup and such, why not use them for helping out in this crisis instead of having them stand idly around? Heaven knows, they need every able bodied person they can to help out.

nomoney

Danzig said:
The hurricane-battered Children's Hospital in New Orleans has come under siege by angry and desperate looters.............

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 children inside the locked-down hospital. The director said police had been summoned, but due to rising floodwaters, neither they nor National Guard have been able to respond.

I'm sure these people need to desperately loot the childrens hospital to survive :duh:

I bet the looters are all crack heads looking for a fix :mad:

K

Kizzy

nomoney said:
I'm sure these people need to desperately loot the childrens hospital to survive :duh:

I bet the looters are all crack heads looking for a fix :mad:

No shiat! :rolleyes: That news makes me sick. :mad: Effin sick. :clickclickbang:

I was listening to Tbone and Heather this morning, just flipping thru, and they were talking about how prison workers at the prison had brought their families there for shelter during the storm and the prisoners have rioted and taken the families hostage, but I haven't seen any kind of story like that.

Anybody else hear anything to that effect?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
workin hard said:
I was listening to Tbone and Heather this morning, just flipping thru, and they were talking about how prison workers at the prison had brought their families there for shelter during the storm and the prisoners have rioted and taken the families hostage, but I haven't seen any kind of story like that.

Anybody else hear anything to that effect?
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/nat_world/083005_APnat_prisonriot.html

A deputy at Orleans Parish Prison, his wife and their four children have been taken hostage by rioting prisoners after riding out Hurricane Katrina inside the jail building, according to WBRZ.

Looks like it's true. :ohwell:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
nomoney said:
I just read that myself. Can you imagine what they could have in store for the wife and kids in paybacks for the warden? :sad:
They had some inmates outside (according to one photo) but left others behind. Did they leave the really bad ones in the prison to drown or is this two different prisons? Is it the warden's family or just some deputy's?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And the news just keeps getting worse. "Storm steals icons from city's heart":

For generations, the oak trees have shaded St. Charles Avenue, their hefty boughs forming a canopy over the street, occasionally interlocking like fingers clasped in prayer. Today, they are splintered and toppled, the Mardi Gras beads thrown into their branches last winter still clinging, inches from the ground.

This also is one of the nation's top restaurant towns. That industry will suffer. Half of the turquoise-and-white facade of Commander's Palace, a famed restaurant in the Garden District, is gone. So is one wall of Antoine's, which might as well have copyrighted oysters Rockefeller. The restaurant is now an open-air facility.

At Jackson Square, a park in the heart of the French Quarter, a block from the Mississippi River, two oak trees that have long shaded tourists, artists, street performers and activists toppled, taking out an iron fence and small pieces of a statue of Jesus outside St. Louis Cathedral. (The nearby Cafe du Monde, home of the smoky chicory coffee served everywhere in New Orleans, did not appear to suffer extensive damage.)

The stately U.S. Mint in the French Quarter, once seized by the Confederate Army, is missing part of its roof. No one knows what has become of the artifacts inside.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/chitribts/s...BXogD2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

I've been to all those places except Antoine's. NO will rise again, that you can be sure of, but it is never going to be the same. :frown:

Agee

jazz lady said:
And the news just keeps getting worse. "Storm steals icons from city's heart":

http://news.yahoo.com/s/chitribts/stormstealsiconsfromcitysheart;_ylt=AqTYQc.FzbJftW6olBXogD2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

I've been to all those places except Antoine's. NO will rise again, that you can be sure of, but it is never going to be the same. :frown:
:frown: :frown: It's is a shame.

Curious, do you have a damge report on the place located on Bourbon St. that has the womans legs swinging in and out of the building :whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:

Curious, do you have a damge report on the place located on Bourbon St. that has the womans legs swinging in and out of the building :whistle:
No, I don't, but I know EXACTLY where you're talking about. Interesting place, too. :blushing: :angel:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
(The nearby Cafe du Monde, home of the smoky chicory coffee served everywhere in New Orleans, did not appear to suffer extensive damage.)
YAY! We can still have beignets! :dude:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:

Isn't that Big Daddy's strip joint?