Ugly Broad!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
vraiblonde said:
Maybe that's why they didn't evacuate - they wanted to get those free TVs and jeans. :lol:

Looting is a part of life in any city when the lights go out or some other disabling thing happens. The minute the cops are otherwise occupied or unable to respond, the dirtbags come out and start stealing things.

This tells me that, under normal circumstances, there are a lot of people who have criminal tendencies but are kept in check by law enforcement. You'd think city officials would notice that as well and use it to deter crime when things are normal.

I'll bet if NO would put out a policy statement that cops are to shoot looters on sight, it would stop.
I doubt it ... at this point, they know what the situation is, and every able body is busy with the rescue/evacuation effort. They already said they don't have the manpower to do what they need to do in terms of that, so I can't see them focusing on looters while people are awaiting rescue on rooftops with rising water levels. :ohwell:

My guess is the thinking in the mind of those looting is "well, the businesses will recoup their losses through insurance, so why not? They'll never miss the stuff and chalk it up to a loss due to the hurricane. :shrug:" ... sad though that they still feel compelled to do it. :ohwell:

It is a scary point you make, though, about how those with criminal intent are kept 'at bay' during times of peace.

K

Kizzy

vraiblonde said:
Funny:

I was listening to Chris Core last night and he was talking about the looters. This black lady calls up and starts reading him the riot act for wanting to shoot looters (which is where I got the idea in my previous post). She says, "Would you say that if the looters were white?" Core replies, "I have no idea what color the looters are - do you?" And the woman says, "I assume they're black..."

That's interesting. She calls to accuse Core of racism but it's SHE that is assuming the looters are black.

:shocking: Too funny!

I agree, make an announcement, and shoot them if caught.

Looks like Ada, VA. was hit with a Tornado last night.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
This just in... RFK Jr. has declared the Mississippi Governor is directly responsible for the hurricane
Of course he did. Haley Barboursinister is a Republican and, therefore, an evil weather machine maker like Dick Cheney.

My daughter and I heard about the sharks this morning! It seems the same aquarium that moved the dolphins prior to the storm arrival has now been demolished and the sharks are swimming freely thru the streets.

PJay

I feel compelled to point out..

what we are seeing in New Orleans is nothing compared to what we might see if Islamic terrorists ever manage to realize their dream of bringing a nuclear device into this country. We're seeing tremendous losses and devastation in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. This is nothing compared to what you might see if the radical adherents of the wonderful, peaceful religion of Islam realize their dreams.

K

Kizzy

It was a conspiracy to jack up gas prices some more so Bush will be set when he retires. :rolleyes:

Kwillia,

All of the sudden I heard "dun dun dun dun" (Jaws). :yikes:

Maybe the sharks will find some dark meat looters to snack on. :whistle:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
kwillia said:
My daughter and I heard about the sharks this morning! It seems the same aquarium that moved the dolphins prior to the storm arrival has now been demolished and the sharks are swimming freely thru the streets.
Gee, that would truly suck; just got your new set of Air Jordans, your new Kobe basketball jersey, and jeans - only to get eaten by a shark!

The horror! Shoot that shark for lootin'!!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Penn said:
Gee, that would truly suck; just got your new set of Air Jordans, your new Kobe basketball jersey, and jeans - only to get eaten by a shark!
Sweet Justice, I say :yay:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
OMG! Fox News is showing a tape of the broken levee, and the water just gushing forward!

PJay

Rant alert..

Penn said:
"Oppressed by Society", my butt! Who said that - The Rev. Jesse Jackson?

Now would be a great time to break out the Tasers!(hmmmm, maybe not - with all that water around?)

These people haven't been oppressed by society. If anything has oppressed these criminals it is their own culture; a culture that eschews education and hard work, and a culture that tolerates, if not encourages, predatory
violence. These people actually don't see anything wrong with what they are doing. They believe themselves to be entitled.

Now I'm serious here .. not just saying this for effect. Shoot to kill. People have been victimized enough by this terrible disaster. Their grief does not have to be amplified by the actions of their lawless neighbors. If the police tolerate the looting, it is a signal to the predators that their lawlessness will be tolerated .. .and it will expand. One person told CNN "If it was wrong the police would be out there stopping it." Amazing, isn't it. This dreadlocked goon seems to believe that any behavior the police don't immediately halt is somehow OK! We should have learned this lesson in Baghdad. Immediately after Saddam was toppled the looting began. The coalition forces did little, and the violence continued to this day. Many think that if the liberating forces had taken out a few looting teams the history of the last few years might have been quite a bit different.

I just heard on the news a rape occured last night, that too now will begin, not that it didn't take place before, but it will now intensify.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
FromTexas said:
Hurricanes from O'Briens? Light weights. Try the hand grenade.

New Orleans Hand Grenade Recipe

Ingredients
1 Part Vodka
1 Part Rum
1 Part Grain Alcohol
1 Part Melon liqueur
1 Part Gin
Mixing Instruction
Mix all ingredients together and add water and ice as necessary for desired taste. Sugar can also be added for taste. Don't drink too many!!
That got me! I didn't barf.. but damn I got sick.

Danzig

The hurricane-battered Children's Hospital in New Orleans has come under siege by angry and desperate looters.............

Bottcher said the director of the hospital fears for the safety of the staff and the 100 children inside the locked-down hospital. The director said police had been summoned, but due to rising floodwaters, neither they nor National Guard have been able to respond.