Ukraine / Russia - Actions and Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The artillery pieces we sent to Ukraine are breaking down

The rate of usage is staggering. One military analyst told the Times that Ukraine is expending more shells and ammunition each day than was used in Afghanistan in a month over the course of our occupation there. Just how many rounds is that? During the summer, in the Donbas region, the Ukrainians were firing 6,000 to 7,000 artillery rounds each day. In response, the Russians fired an average of 40,000 to 50,000 daily.

Meanwhile, America’s domestic production is already running at near maximum capacity and we can only produce 15,000 rounds per month. As you can see, the math just doesn’t add up. We had been sitting on a significant stockpile of artillery rounds for years, but the well is running dry and we don’t have the domestic capacity to keep this up much longer.

This may wind up being a question of who runs out of shells and the hardware to fire them first. Back when I was younger, people arguing against nuclear proliferation had a saying that frequently made the rounds. “World War 3 will be fought with nuclear bombs. World War 4 will be fought with stones and spears.” We may be seeing something close to that in Ukraine before too long.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If the US is depleting it's stockpile and doesn't have the capacity to replenish, doesn't that make the US unable to respond to a crisis of it's own? An easy target, if you will? Something Russia, China or NK might take advantage of?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Especially if dummies keep publishing the situation ... drain the US via a Proxy war, then attack

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Seems like this is the plan: get rid of all of our military stockpiles. Sell off the fuel reserves. Allow infiltration of non-citizens.

We'll be taken over with no war or struggle whatever. No ability to resist.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

well the US may cease to exist .. many have lots of guns an ammo ...

I see the major coastal cities being taken over, but no invader will ever pacify the interior without whole sale genocide

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Seems like this is the plan: get rid of all of our military stockpiles. Sell off the fuel reserves. Allow infiltration of non-citizens.

The Mayor in Red Dawn.

SamSpade

Pretty sure we're supplying them with our more antiquated supplies. Sort of like giving them all your Xbox 360 games and sending them your DVDs.

We're "running out" because we don't have a deep reserve of old stuff.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pretty sure we're supplying them with our more antiquated supplies.

Nope Javelins are not antiquated ...

As Far As I Have Read items in the ' inventory ' are current issue ... unless their is something like a warehouse full of 20 yr old M-16 A2's

Yeah sure in the 1980's US Tankers in M60A3 Tanks were issued WW II Issue M3A1 Grease Guns as PDWs ... however that is an outlier

Oh yeah M2 .50 cal Machine Guns are 75 or more years old ... but that hardly makes them antiquated.

The M777 howitzer is a British towed 155 mm artillery piece in the howitzer class. It is used by the ground forces of Australia, Canada, Colombia, India, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, and the United States. It was first used in combat during the US war in Afghanistan.

The M777 is manufactured by BAE Systems' Global Combat Systems division. Prime contract management is based in Barrow-in-Furness in the United Kingdom as well as manufacture and assembly of the titanium structures and associated recoil components. Final integration and testing of the weapon is undertaken at BAE's facility in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.[10] The M777 cost is US$2.025 million per one unit (domestic cost, FY 2008)[11] or $3.738 million per one unit (export cost, FY 2017).[12]

SamSpade

Nope Javelins are not antiquated ...
I'm guessing that the manufacture of a Javelin is MUCH faster than a state of the art tank or artillery or missile.

I also think that the Ukraine war is an excellent proxy for depleting the Russian's ability to fight (as in, not only is it wiping out their stores of military supplies, more importantly it is decimating their supply of trained military).

OTOH it IS necessary for us to resupply OUR military, as it's always been our general standing plan to have enough to fight TWO wars at the same time (but basically, fight one and have enough handy should someone ELSE try to take advantage).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
as it's always been our general standing plan to have enough to fight TWO wars at the same time

Nope .... IIRC, that went out the windows in the 90's or 2000's

in the past 20 yrs the focus has been smaller conflicts [ Clinton taking that Defense Divdend in the 90's after the collapse of the USSR ]

Defense cuts degrading military, US no longer able to fight 2 wars at same time

Can the United States Fight a Two-Front War?

Here’s What You Need to Remember:

The United States can still fight and win two major wars at the same time, or at least come near enough to winning that neither Russia nor China would see much hope in the gamble. However, the United States cannot maintain this level of dominance indefinitely, and in the long-term will have to choose its commitments carefully.

The United States discarded its oft-misunderstood “two war” doctrine, intended as a template for providing the means to fight two regional wars simultaneously, late last decade. Designed to deter North Korea from launching a war while the United States was involved in fighting against Iran or Iraq (or vice versa,) the idea helped give form to the Department of Defense’s procurement, logistical and basing strategies in the post–Cold War, when the United States no longer needed to face down the Soviet threat. The United States backed away from the doctrine because of changes in the international system, including the rising power of China and the proliferation of highly effective terrorist networks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Admin Pledges $53 Million To Help Restore Ukraine's Damaged Power Grid

Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced the funding during a meeting with NATO allies and Group of Seven members on Tuesday.

This equipment will be rapidly delivered to Ukraine on an emergency basis to help Ukrainians persevere through the winter,” the State Department said. “This supply package will include distribution transformers, circuit breakers, surge arresters, disconnectors, vehicles, and other key equipment.”

Russian forces have conducted a string of attacks on Ukraine’s energy infrastructure since October in what some officials believe to be a deliberate move to harm millions of civilians who are being left without heat or electricity as temperatures fell below zero.

In a Nov. 23 post on Facebook, Ukraine’s Energy Ministry said that significant shelling by Russian forces had resulted in temporary blackouts at nuclear plants, most heating and hydroelectric plants, and had also impacted electrical facilities.

“As a result, the vast majority of electricity consumers across the country have been disrupted. There are some emergency outages happening. The lack of electricity can affect the availability of heat and water supply,” the ministry wrote. “Only terrorists do this to a nation they cannot defeat so they try to simply destroy.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 This morning, ZeroHedge ran a story headlined, “Biden Admin Pledges $53 Million To Help Restore Ukraine’s Damaged Power Grid.” Apparently, even though Ukraine is about the win the proxy war any second now, as the Russians keep blowing up Ukraine’s power grid, we plan to keep buying them new ones, for the Russians to blow up again.

I guess it’s kind of a race to see who can run out of money first, us or the Russians. Oh wait, I forgot, the Ukrainians are about to win the proxy war any second, so it’ll probably be all over soon.

The State Department explained, “This supply package will include distribution transformers, circuit breakers, surge arresters, disconnectors, vehicles, and other key equipment.” Back in September, the Biden administration pledged to send Ukraine two billion cubic meters of natural gas from the U.S. during the next five months of winter.

I mean, it’s not like we needed any of that stuff.

I have a question, don’t cancel me. Why is the United States taxpayer, in particular, the one responsible for buying stuff for the Ukrainians? In April, Forbes said president Zelenskyy was worth around $30 million, although I have to imagine his portfolio is doing much better after all those previous bags of cash, I mean rounds of aid. But the point is, how much is Zelenskyy kicking in?

SamSpade

I guess it’s kind of a race to see who can run out of money first, us or the Russians. Oh wait, I forgot, the Ukrainians are about to win the proxy war any second, so it’ll probably be all over soon.
This is more or less the way we won the Cold War - we just simply outspent them (while at the same time, working very hard to make their primary exports to be lower in value, including gas, oil, gold etc.) We bankrupted them to the point they could no longer run the country AND keep spending on military.

Russia is also digging through its inventory AND buying replacements from Iran and China. AND expending troops that cannot be replaced. This is a war that they can neither afford to win OR lose.

gemma_rae

For your consideration ...

Here's a nice young woman giving what for to the sodomite Zelenskyy.

UKRAINIAN WOMAN GOES OFF ON NAZI-LENSKY

Oh Deary Dear! Looks like the AZOZ Battalion has work to do, can't let that woman speak the truth without punishment.

P.S. I understand that the Rooskies have Hypersonic weapons that make nukes look like firecrackers. The Z-boy won't need electricity when he gets his awhole lit up with them babies.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

There’s No Such Thing As Press Freedom In Zelensky’s Dissent-Crushing Ukraine

On Feb. 3, 2021, Zelensky enacted sanctions on three television stations believed to be affiliated with Viktor Medvedchuk, a leader of the Opposition Bloc party, critic of Zelensky, and duly elected member of parliament.

The channels were immediately taken off air, including Newsone, which had called Zelensky “narrow minded” and quoted Medvedchuk criticizing the president for reneging on his campaign promise of finding a peaceful solution to the conflicts in eastern Ukraine.

Zelensky also sanctioned the air travel company used by Medvedchuk and pressured American social media companies such as YouTube to deactivate the accounts of Medvedchuk-affiliated companies, which it ultimately did.