Unemployment Insurance Questions

frequentflier

happy to be living
I have received paperwork on two employees, but not the third that applied. Two that I know of are receiving the "card" but I am unsure of the third. They all applied around March 24.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
And you can't get through to the phone numbers. Some people are reporting on the DLLR FB page that they tried 3 hours and finally got through.

Uh - I'm not doing that! I'm not going to just hit redial after redial (and each time have to hit the speaker button, too).

Crazy. :crazy:

Bann

PREMO Member
I have received paperwork on two employees, but not the third that applied. Two that I know of are receiving the "card" but I am unsure of the third. They all applied around March 24.

My employer had received the paperwork, too. Well, I think she meant all of us. She most likely would have mentioned it if she had NOT gotten mine, I'm sure.

I try those phone numbers "assigned to my area" and I get the "fast busy" signal. On both the regular number and the toll free number. I have no idea if that means it's working or just the system is overloaded.

It's irritating! If I need to take action on something - to correct it, etc. - I can't get through to find out what, if anything I need to do. Which could well delay everything even further.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Update: My son got his BoA card in the mail today. The return address says MD DLLR but it came from Gray, TN.

Bann

PREMO Member
Update: My son got his BoA card in the mail today. The return address says MD DLLR but it came from Gray, TN.

With all the notes and links to info they have - I did see that, as well.

Still no moolah or anything though. My employer hasn't received anything indicated I was not going to be accepted, etc.

This is plain stupid, really. Unfair that some people are getting theirs ahead of others in the queue. Leave it to government to totally screw things up.

awpitt

Main Streeter
With all the notes and links to info they have - I did see that, as well.

Still no moolah or anything though. My employer hasn't received anything indicated I was not going to be accepted, etc.

This is plain stupid, really. Unfair that some people are getting theirs ahead of others in the queue. Leave it to government to totally screw things up.

I have no clue as to why my son's turnaround time was so quick. He did the online app. Based on what I've been hearing, I was expecting a much longer wait. I really hope your situation gets squared away so you can get your money soon. Hang in there.

Bann

PREMO Member
I have no clue as to why my son's turnaround time was so quick. He did the online app. Based on what I've been hearing, I was expecting a much longer wait. I really hope your situation gets squared away so you can get your money soon. Hang in there.
Thanks. Yep - it was all online!

I am lucky that I planned ahead and I can still pay my mortgage and utilities, and we won't starve. It's just aggravating because IF there is something "wrong" I wouldn't know it - because I can't call in to check, nor email or get through in any way.

I actually DID waste time today calling in this morning. I tried several numbers, also. I got through on the Toll Free number. EUREKA! I listened for a minute (literally, as I TIMED IT!)as it gave me all this information and choices and then pressed #1. Listened for another minute and pressed #1 again. Then I listened for another minute and it said "if you're trying to reach a representative...please call back later." WTAF.

:cds:

stgislander

PREMO Member
This thread has been helpful, thanks. I applied for benefits last night. About the only question I was confused on was what was my expected return to work dates. I was thinking how the hell do I know. I could be tomorrow if money came in to the company. I just picked a random date.

Last edited:

Bann

PREMO Member
Just an update - nothing on the DLLR Webcert page today, either.

No USPS mail. No emails. No phone calls.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Hang in there. You might want to try sending emails to your State Senator and Delegate. I realize it's a long shot but I've gone that route in the past on another issue and it was resolved within a week. Just a thought.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This is why I didn't have them take out taxes - just one more thing to gum up the works.

I have another piece of mail from MDUI on the way, so hopefully it's my card.

Bann

PREMO Member
Hang in there. You might want to try sending emails to your State Senator and Delegate. I realize it's a long shot but I've gone that route in the past on another issue and it was resolved within a week. Just a thought.
:yay:

Mark Fisher is my delegate and he and I are well acquainted for various advocacy issues I've been involved in. :lol: I haven't contacted him YET, but I'm about to. Just to shed light on it. I've also just emailed another group I'm in that supports local GOP candidates in Calvert County. I emailed them just this morning. NOT to "get my money" - but to let them know that yet ANOTHER state government agency in Maryland sucks. It's crazy that the state department that taxes can deduct the money I OWE them for state taxes, but the department that pays out UI can't even answer emails and phone calls.

Chris0nllyn

:yay:

Mark Fisher is my delegate and he and I are well acquainted for various advocacy issues I've been involved in. :lol: I haven't contacted him YET, but I'm about to. Just to shed light on it. I've also just emailed another group I'm in that supports local GOP candidates in Calvert County. I emailed them just this morning. NOT to "get my money" - but to let them know that yet ANOTHER state government agency in Maryland sucks. It's crazy that the state department that taxes can deduct the money I OWE them for state taxes, but the department that pays out UI can't even answer emails and phone calls.

You need to be calling all day, every day. As much as possible. It's frustrating and know that you are not the only one with issues, but it's still not showing by now I'd be calling. Have you tried emailing?

Calling whiny-boy Fisher won't get you anywhere. He has no pull and can't do jack about DLLR's processing.