Unemployment Insurance Questions

stgislander

PREMO Member
Thanks for the input! Ok. I was up throughout the night trying to get in. It felt obvious to me that even though the vendor was supposed to be monitoring the site that it wasn’t. Around 0700 or so I was finally allowed into a new login page that allowed me to finally provide the required data. Without a doubt, it was much better than yesterday. Here’s the “new” login page:

Let us know how you do and pass on any learned tips if you would.
Okay, that's very interesting. My wife never saw that login before. We logged on and there was all of her information she entered. Obviously, the application system took her information. Now she has to upload her 1099 from last year, and something called SSA Record Verification.

stgislander

PREMO Member
For those of us applying through the regular UI system, is there anyway to check the status of our application online or do we have to wait for the letter in the mail?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
For those of us applying through the regular UI system, is there anyway to check the status of our application online or do we have to wait for the letter in the mail?
I'm going to reply, but I filed before this new system, so I'm not sure of that answer.

I am going to guess there will be a letter. But make sure through that portal that they have all your information correct.

I have no idea how I will file the WEBCERT tomorrow. The old link is brokey. Maybe there will be an "action item" waiting for me in the morning! :yahoo: (I file every Sunday!)

Also - I can't figure out what this means since I have not received one thing in the mail to let me know I'm getting a debit card, etc It looks like it means that my first payment is available. I'd like to know where. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Also - I can't figure out what this means since I have not received one thing in the mail to let me know I'm getting a debit card, etc It looks like it means that my first payment is available. I'd like to know where. :lol:
Maybe they sent it to me by accident. :fingerscrossed:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm going to reply, but I filed before this new system, so I'm not sure of that answer.

I am going to guess there will be a letter. But make sure through that portal that they have all your information correct.

I have no idea how I will file the WEBCERT tomorrow. The old link is brokey. Maybe there will be an "action item" waiting for me in the morning! :yahoo: (I file every Sunday!)

View attachment 147668
I don't think I can use this login then. When I filed using the NetClaims application, there was no username and password creation that I remember.

Bann

PREMO Member
I don't think I can use this login then. When I filed using the NetClaims application, there was no username and password creation that I remember.

When you first go to the BEACON site, which I think is the ONLY site now, you will see choices offered to you. If you've already filed your cliam (Like I had) you need to activate your account. See below. (and the post that NBR posted above)

Reactions: NBF

stgislander

PREMO Member
When you first go to the BEACON site, which I think is the ONLY site now, you will see choices offered to you. If you've already filed your cliam (Like I had) you need to activate your account. See below. (and the post that NBR posted above)

View attachment 147672

Thanks Bann. Now all I need to do is to get it to accept a username.

Bann

PREMO Member
If anyone knows what DOL wants for SSA Record Verification, let me know. I'm not finding it anywhere.
@stgislander - is she receiving Social Security benefits? I Googled that and I can't find anything for it.

Or is this a proof of her contributing to her Social Security because she is an Independent Contractor? (1099)

stgislander

PREMO Member
@stgislander - is she receiving Social Security benefits? I Googled that and I can't find anything for it.

Or is this a proof of her contributing to her Social Security because she is an Independent Contractor? (1099)
She is not receiving any SS benefits.

I mean it could be her 1099, but then I'm guessing she'd need to upload her 1099 again as her PUA - Proof of Employment and Wages.

Bann

PREMO Member
She is not receiving any SS benefits.

I mean it could be her 1099, but then I'm guessing she'd need to upload her 1099 again as her PUA - Proof of Employment and Wages.
What I mean is, as an Independent Contractor, you have to pay your own social security. (well, I seem to recall that it used to be that way when I sold Home Interiors years ago!) Maybe the SSA Verification is some sort of proof of that?

NBF

Guys, I just logged into BEACON via the website I provided you guys earlier:

I'm thinking the SSA Verification is a letter that you can obtain from the following website:

I sent that and my SSA Benefits Estimate - just in case.

When you select Get a Benefit Verification Letter you can Print Now and Save as a PDF and then upload by just clicking on the file and dropping it into the UPLOAD section in BEACON. But make sure you hit SUBMIT after it's uploaded.

Last edited:

NBF

View attachment 147672

I thought BEACON was only for SELF-EMPLOYED, GIGS, ETC? I thought this was only built for US PEOPLE...

NBF

View attachment 147668

I've seen that the extra PEU $600 will be loaded onto the BOA Debit card along with your regular UEI payments. I read on BEACON that you can choose to have the amounts transferred to your personal bank account if you wish. But, you have to wait until you get your BOA Debit card so you can Activate the card and set up an account with BOA?

NBF

I wanted to ask those SELF-EMPLOYED, INDEPENDENT KTRS, GIG COOL KATS if they got this initial amount assigned to them:

$176.00

I am hoping this is just a "dummy" figure and after our earnings are reviewed that it goes up...guess in some cases it could go down?

Let us out here know what your initial magical number is...

Thank you...

stgislander

PREMO Member
I wanted to ask those SELF-EMPLOYED, INDEPENDENT KTRS, GIG COOL KATS if they got this initial amount assigned to them:

$176.00

I am hoping this is just a "dummy" figure and after our earnings are reviewed that it goes up...guess in some cases it could go down?

Let us out here know what your initial magical number is...

Thank you...
$176 is the weekly amount assigned to my wife.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Guys, I just logged into BEACON via the website I provided you guys earlier:

I'm thinking the SSA Verification is a letter that you can obtain from the following website:

View attachment 147681

I sent that and my SSA Benefits Estimate - just in case.

When you select Get a Benefit Verification Letter you can Print Now and Save as a PDF and then upload by just clicking on the file and dropping it into the UPLOAD section in BEACON. But make sure you hit SUBMIT after it's uploaded.

View attachment 147683
Thanks. That makes sense. I'll have her request that letter.

stgislander

PREMO Member
What I mean is, as an Independent Contractor, you have to pay your own social security. (well, I seem to recall that it used to be that way when I sold Home Interiors years ago!) Maybe the SSA Verification is some sort of proof of that?
I'm sure she does, but I'm guessing our accountant takes care of that.

Bann

PREMO Member
I thought BEACON was only for SELF-EMPLOYED, GIGS, ETC? I thought this was only built for US PEOPLE...

No, I thought that, too. I think they were JUST ADDING ALL THOSE OTHER CATEGORIES at the same time that they were rolling out that new software. Could be wrong. :yay: