Update on geezer who shot the skateboarders?

PrepH4U

Are you drunk? Now the kid that got shot, you know for sure he is one of the kids on the video? What's his name?

Are you effing dense or are you really pmsing so bad that you have to argue to the point of being a PIA. I said there were many fb videos of them breaking the law. AND YES IT WAS THE LITTLE PUNK THAT WAS SHOT IN THE AZZ. He and his friends took them off of FB after the news hit the media. IF you would have went back to the link of the original thread maybe you would have found some of the links of him and some of his friends pages. They loved filming themselves, they also had youtube videos. BUT we are all liars and we did not dig them up and watch them.
I am done with you! You may have the last word!

L

letmetellyou

he could be posting from a mobile device with autocorrect enabled.

really, i don't understand why people end up getting so personal and RUDE on this forum.

I'm just asking some questions and wondering why people are so quick to defend a guy who admitted he was wrong and is now a felon. People get angry when you ask questions around here. I guess they are just used to people drinking the cool-aid and buying into whatever is written.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Um...those are different degrees of crimes, they have nothing to do with felony levels. There are states who have various levels of felonies, but you don't live there.

You should take a civics or criminal justice class. It's really basic, doesn't require much smarts.
You should do a lil research but it does take smarts so you're stuck. :poorbaby:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Um...those are different degrees of crimes, they have nothing to do with felony levels. There are states who have various levels of felonies, but you don't live there.

You should take a civics or criminal justice class. It's really basic, doesn't require much smarts.

Actually you're wrong. What Baja posted is the way MD decided to classify it's felonies instead of grouping different types of crimes as A Felonies, B Felonies and so on. MD decided to be more precise in defining different types of Misddameanors and Felonies, moreso than than class A and class B.

This is exactly why they have several different levels of sex offenses and assault.

L

letmetellyou

Actually you're wrong. What Baja posted is the way MD decided to classify it's felonies instead of grouping different types of crimes as A Felonies, B Felonies and so on. MD decided to be more precise in defining different types of Misddameanors and Felonies, moreso than than class A and class B.

This is exactly why they have several different levels of sex offenses and assault.

Oh really? So the maximum penalty for a first degree assault is the same as a maximum penalty as a first degree murder? A second degree rape is the same as a second degree assault.

Really? You want to check into that a little bit?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh really? So the maximum penalty for a first degree assault is the same as a maximum penalty as a first degree murder? A second degree rape is the same as a second degree assault.

Are you REALLY this stupid?

L

letmetellyou

Are you REALLY this stupid?

Really? After all the mis-spellings you had earlier you have the audacity of calling me stupid? Now you are making up some ridiculous excuse as to why the other guy would have talked out of his azz by calling me childish names? That is the sign of a guy who is losing his argument. When all else fails, call the guy names like you did on the school ground.

I'll say this once. Maryland convicts you of either a felony or a misdemeanor. There is no where in the record which indicates you are convicted of a particular class of a felony.

Last edited by a moderator:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Really? After all the mis-spellings you had earlier you have the audacity of calling me stupid? Now you are making up some ridiculous excuse as to why the other guy would have talked out of his azz by calling me childish names? That is the sign of a guy who is losing his argument. When all else fails, call the guy names like you did on the school ground.

I'll say this once. Maryland convicts you of either a felon or a misdemeanor. There is no where in the record which indicates you are convicted of a particular class of a felony.

So genius, you asked the question.. Why does first degree murder and first degree assault NOT carry the same punishment? They're both felonies, are they not?

Could it be because they are different levels of felony? Does that POSSIBLY make sense to you?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

I'll say this once. Maryland convicts you of either a felony or a misdemeanor. There is no where in the record which indicates you are convicted of a particular class of a felony.

So obviously that would be a "Yes!".

L

letmetellyou

So genius, you asked the question.. Why does first degree murder and first degree assault NOT carry the same punishment? They're both felonies, are they not?

Could it be because they are different levels of felony? Does that POSSIBLY make sense to you?

When states classify their felonies, they do that for sentencing purposes. In example, all class A felonies have the potential to receive the same maximum penalty. All class be felonies have the potential to receive the same maximum penalty. Do I need to go on? Is this simple enough for you to understand?

I can't make it any simpler for you.

L

letmetellyou

...or they're just different felonies?

I have seen this before. No matter how wrong he is, he will cling to semantics to try and prove his point. Case in point, the guy who this thread is about admitted guilt and apologized to the victim, but this guy still wants to make him a hero.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Try reading my post and stop making a fool out of yourself. :coffee:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

...or they're just different felonies?

Exactly, distinguished by the min and max punishments instead of grading them A, B or C.

You get convicted of a felony or misdemeanor in MD and apply for a clearance (for example) they'll use the same guidelines (either the max punishment or in theft cases the value of the item stolen) to determine what class felony or misdemeanor you've been convicted of. They are all different levels, MD just took the time to classify individual crimes not classify crimes into groups

L

letmetellyou

Exactly, distinguished by the min and max punishments instead of grading them A, B or C.

You get convicted of a felony or misdemeanor in MD and apply for a clearance (for example) they'll use the same guidelines (either the max punishment or in theft cases the value of the item stolen) to determine what class felony or misdemeanor you've been convicted of. They are all different levels, MD just took the time to classify individual crimes not classify crimes into groups

Who is they'll? The State of Maryland? Do they have you apply for a clearance? Really? Remember, we are talking about Maryland. We are not talking about the federal government and how they look at Maryland's law. We are looking at the consequences of being a convicted felon in Maryland.

Do they treat a guy who was convicted of 1st degree assault different than a guy who was convicted of a second degree murder differently when they get out?

That was a rhetorical question, I know that answer but am not sure you do.

officeguy

No, they have up to five years to file suit. Having said that, since Mr. Armiger admitted he was wrong, I think it's inevitable that it will happen. I think it was good for him to admit he was wrong? Shows a lot of character on his part don’t you think?

Even if the family doesn't sue, their health insurer surely will (subrogation). If you have health insurance and get hurt in an accident or 'incident', your health insurer typically fronts the money for the hospital bill. They then come back to the insured and obtain information as to who is responsible for the damage and try to recoup the money from that party, or more commonly that parties insurance. In this case, the health insurance will make a demand to Mr Armiger, for what they paid out. If he cuts them a check from his retirement account, they go away. He then has to still deal with the court ordered restitution to the family for their out of pocket expenses and possibly a pain and suffering claim.