Va. Gov. Northam

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Personally I do not believe that this one thing from years ago should destroy this guys career.

I think it should, and do you know why?

Because he's spent his political career calling his opponents racists and KKK members. Not just Trump, but Ed Gillespie as well, and in fact he has insinuated that ALL Republicans are racists.

So yeah, f*** him.[/QUOTE]

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If he were a Republican, the news media would all be calling for his head on a pike. We all have things in our past that are not too flattering, but to don a klan robe or blackface and then expect to have a career in politics is just beyond believable. He should have issued an apology and stepped down immediately following this "exposure", IMHO...

Hijinx

I think it should, and do you know why?

Because he's spent his political career calling his opponents racists and KKK members. Not just Trump, but Ed Gillespie as well, and in fact he has insinuated that ALL Republicans are racists.

So yeah, f*** him.
[/QUOTE]
I was a bit for believing that it shouldn't be held against him. but you are right.
He has been calling everyone else a racist so Karma has bit him in the ass.

Can't fight Karma.

officeguy

Personally I do not believe that this one thing from years ago should destroy this guys career. I really hate what our society has become now. You make one stupid mistake and you get crucified for life. Yet we want sympathy for murderers. No capital punishment, and now life without parole is being attacked. This guy probably was doing this as something funny which was maybe not so much funny. It was the 80's. No facebook, no cell phones, no instant pics or video that could be uploaded immediately. Does everyone have to be perfect from birth on up now? Good luck finding anyone with that resume. People really need to stop being offended by everything. Or maybe I need to start being offended by everything and calling every offending party out on it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. (Sorry if my usage of 'em has offended the politically grammar correct crowd.)

Two reasons why it should:
  • he has made a career out of being a sanctimonious arsehole who is 'a friend to the African American community' and quick to accuse his political opponents as racists.
  • in the past, I would have agreed. But in year 1 'P.K.' ( post Kavanaugh) no such quarter will be given.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

SamSpade

Personally I do not believe that this one thing from years ago should destroy this guys career.

Sauce - for the goose.

If it would DESTROY a Republican, it ought to at least injure a Democrat.
However, this sort of thing in the Democratic party gets you Majority Leader or President pro tempore.

PeoplesElbow

He was going to moonwalk in a press conference until his wife told him that it was inappropriate, LOL.

I sure hope he doesn't resign any time soon.

Hijinx

Two reasons why it should:
  • he has made a career out of being a sanctimonious *** who is 'a friend to the African American community' and quick to accuse his political opponents as racists.
  • in the past, I would have agreed. But in year 1 'P.K.' ( post Kavanaugh) no such quarter will be given.
You say he is a friend to the African -American community.
I say he is just another democrat USING them.
Some of them have awakened, I wish more would.

officeguy

You say he is a friend to the African -American community.
I say he is just another democrat USING them.
Some of them have awakened, I wish more would.

I guess I need to add a /sarcasm alert to my posts.

I don't say that he is a friend to the AA community, he and his sycophants in Richmond and NoVA say that.

officeguy

If he doesn’t resign, he needs to be impeached.

What impeachable offense has he committed ?

I agree that he is politically untenable and has to go, I dont see how a stupid prank from 30+ years ago creates cause for impeachment. Now his lying since the picture came out is despicable, but that's just a democrat being a democrat.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What impeachable offense has he committed ?

I agree that he is politically untenable and has to go, I dont see how a stupid prank from 30+ years ago creates cause for impeachment. Now his lying since the picture came out is despicable, but that's just a democrat being a democrat.
A democrat being upset by something is what Fishy thinks is an impeachable offense.

glhs837

Power with Control
Watching this guy wriggle on the hook is pretty funny. Like that old Get Smart bit.....

"Wouldya believe I wasnt in that blackface pic, but I was in blackface for a slightly less racist reason"

There's an old saying, when obviously guilty admit to a lesser crime

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My kids were like "well, it was the 80's." :rolleyes:, it was not appropriate in the 80's, we don't dress up as KKK clansman and stand next to a person in black face.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Personally I do not believe that this one thing from years ago should destroy this guys career. I really hate what our society has become now. You make one stupid mistake and you get crucified for life. Yet we want sympathy for murderers. No capital punishment, and now life without parole is being attacked. This guy probably was doing this as something funny which was maybe not so much funny. It was the 80's. No facebook, no cell phones, no instant pics or video that could be uploaded immediately. Does everyone have to be perfect from birth on up now? Good luck finding anyone with that resume. People really need to stop being offended by everything. Or maybe I need to start being offended by everything and calling every offending party out on it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. (Sorry if my usage of 'em has offended the politically grammar correct crowd.)

Just like how the dems went way overboard with Kavanaugh's yearbook, I'm piling on this guy. I'll make it out to be way bigger than what it is/was. Good for goose, good for maverick. How you like dem apples?

CPUSA

I wanna know where Sadpussi, Midnight Rump Rider, & Brony are to weigh in on this?
This is YOUR Party boys!!
This is your LEADERSHIP boys!! He's the State's TOP DOG!!
THIS IS EVERY SINGLE ONE IN YOUR PARTY BOYS!!
Come on out & show your pride with your Party!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My kids were like "well, it was the 80's." :rolleyes:, it was not appropriate in the 80's, we don't dress up as KKK clansman and stand next to a person in black face.

I pointed that out to a young friend this morning. To them the 80s was this long ago ancient history, before the world was graced with their presence. I had to remind her that the mid-80s was 20 years after the civil rights movement. And no, it wasn't acceptable to dress up as a KKK person or run around in blackface. Not even in Virginia.