Valentine’s Day

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
What is everybody doing? I need some new ideas, something that will top taking her to Sonic like I did last year. :yay:

With my wife, each year was different, and some years we just agreed to not bother doing anything special on Valentine's Day. We both tried frequently to do little things which demonstrated love for each other, so the day itself didn't make much of an impact. Things we did for each other included notes in the lunch bags, handling chores for each other unexpectedly and without being asked, surprise massages, coffee in bed, cooking a meal, cuddling, the occasional impractical gift which had no use but to sit there on the tabletop and look pretty, or picking up an item on sale which the mate had been wanting for some time. I had a habit of looking at jewelry and when I spotted something which would look good on her and was affordable, I'd buy it and give it to her. You know, just routine stuff.

Toxick

Splat
Hotel room with a jacuzzi tub and a king size. Champagne and Strawberries. Room service. Al Green & Barry White playlist flowing out of Boze speakers.

Kind of looking forward to this one.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Doing lunch at Fogo in DC, then to a hotel in Alexandria, then to the Arlington Draft House to drink beer and watch the Princess Bride. :yay:

Chris0nllyn

Flowers delivered to her work and a dinner reservation at O'Leary's in Annapolis. Nothign big, but we're saving money for something much bigger than V-Day.

The way I see V-Day, it's like timeshares. Timeshares almost "force" you to take the time to go on vacation. Same concept for V-Day. Sometimes life gets hectic, and even if it's a single day, reminding your signifigant other that you love them goes a long way.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Flowers delivered to her work and a dinner reservation at O'Leary's in Annapolis. Nothign big, but we're saving money for something much bigger than V-Day.

The way I see V-Day, it's like timeshares. Timeshares almost "force" you to take the time to go on vacation. Same concept for V-Day. Sometimes life gets hectic, and even if it's a single day, reminding your signifigant other that you love them goes a long way.

:yay:

I always see it as spending the day with who ever you care for and value in life. I will spend it with my dogs and some wonderful people i have in my life. :buddies:

havingfun

I like the unexpected surpirse but am fine with nothing. Last year my hubby, who never listens or remembers a word I say, happened to surprise me big time. We were watching a re run of Sienfeld about a month prior to VD and it was the one where Newman is eating Chunky candy bars and leaving the wrappers everywhere. I commented on how I hadn't had a Chunky in years and didn't think they still made them.

VD morning I woke up to a freshly made pot of coffee and in front of the coffe pot were two Chunky's on top of a VD card and a heart shaped charm for my bracelet.

As sad as it may sound, that was the best VD ever!

P.S. Fresh coffe is key. He gets up 4 hours before me so I either get old coffee or have to make a new pot for myself.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Doing lunch at Fogo in DC, then to a hotel in Alexandria, then to the Arlington Draft House to drink beer and watch the Princess Bride. :yay:

This sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day. Positively perfect. (Although I have never seen Tbe Princess Bride.)

Can I go, too?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
It has been a tradition for many years.... and some of my friends join us now.

but I take the dogs to Brusters for ice cream :buddies:

Good idea - I'm going to Brusters also this weekend. Somehow our plans to take a relative out to eat Friday may be derailed if there is a long line at the restaurant. Then again I'm the only one who thinks ice cream can BE DINNER LOL.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I didn't read the whole thread but did anyone mention a Vermont Teddy Bear? You know the six foot one, they've been advertising on television? What woman wouldn't love a six foot teddy bear?

:yeahthat: "Flowers die, candy lasts 15 seconds and then she asks if she looks fat, but a big assed teddy bear says, I can't think on my own and am influenced by stupid commercials."

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I didn't read the whole thread but did anyone mention a Vermont Teddy Bear? You know the six foot one, they've been advertising on television? What woman wouldn't love a six foot teddy bear?

Six-foot Teddy Bears have weight problems, drink too much beer, grow hair in undesirable places, and lose hair from places which need hair. But I digress. Carry on. :coffee:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I used to have one - had trouble finding places to put it when I had to downsize. so I donated it a few years ago.