valentines day...

Booboo3604

mamissa3 said:
what are some valentines things you have done for your husband or other??

The year before last we agreed not to spend a lot of money on each other. It was more about thought. I bought a big glass jar.Like a mayo jar but like 6 times as big. I filled it with valentines day peanut M&M's. I made like wood letters that said "I Love You" and attached them to the jar. Then I got medium sized present tag and on the one side of the card I typed in everything I wanted to tell him and one the other side I made a little list of things he could cash in the M&M's for. Anything from back rubs and head rubs, dinner of his choice, to :whistle: . There was even one that said after we would fight, I would have to let it go. I couldnt stay cranky, ha ha. It was meant to be a present on Valentines day but that he could use all year. But let me tell you, by end I couldnt wait for the M&M's to be gone. :lmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Thanks for the reminder. I have to remember to pick up my friend a card - she gets all girly over things like that. :huggy: She'll probably make all her cards and have little paper cut out hearts floating around in the envelopes.

I grew up with V-Day being my dad's B-day, and we weren't in any way allowed to associate his b-day with the holiday - no cupids on his cake - no candy hearts etc. Kind of hard even now to get past that feeling of it all being taboo in some way. :lmao:

Every year though, I buy those cheap valentines that elementary school kids give out and stick 'em in all my co-workers mailboxes. It's always a hit.

K

Katie

I got P stuff, but he is going on the barge so he will get it this weekend.

He has no clue what to get me, so I gave him some links to stuff.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
migtig said:
Thanks for the reminder. I have to remember to pick up my friend a card - she gets all girly over things like that. :huggy: She'll probably make all her cards and have little paper cut out hearts floating around in the envelopes.

Sorry, hun. Not this year. I don't have the time. :huggy: :flowers:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17011635/

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching — not sure what to get that ex-special someone?

CafePress.com might have some options for you.

“Valentine,” one card for sale on the Web site reads, “we’re both looking for the same thing.”

Open the card up, and it continues: “Someone else.”

Another card from the site starts out cheerily: “Happy Valentine's Day!”

Inside, it adds, “Even though we both know it’s over.”

For most people, Valentine’s Day is still about chocolates, hearts, teddy bears and romantic sentiments. But a growing number of the recently or steadfastly single are getting in on the holiday as well, spawning anti-Valentine’s Day cards, T-shirts and parties.

Anti-Valentine’s Day cards have been popular among smaller distributors and
Web-based e-card producers for several years. Now the trend is starting to attract more mainstream attention.

Industry powerhouse American Greetings Corp. this year added 10 anti-Valentine’s Day cards to the roster of 2,500 cards it produces for the holiday. While it may be just a tiny portion of the company’s holiday effort, “that’s huge for a new product in our industry,” said American Greetings spokeswoman Megan Ferington.

Ferington said the Cleveland-based company decided to add anti-Valentine’s Day cards after noticing last year that more people were holding singles parties or girls’ nights out on what is traditionally a night for couples.

“Singles just want to be part of the holiday,” she said. “There really was an undercurrent of people wanting to celebrate.”

One card from American Greetings’ collection opens with: “They had shared a moment.”

Inside, it reads: “A lifetime commitment was completely out of the question. Happy Anti-Valentine’s Day (for the woman who knows what she doesn’t want.)”

In addition to the more overtly anti-holiday cards, Ferington said American Greetings also has boosted its lineup of Valentine’s Day cards that are meant to be sent to friends rather than soul mates.

Hallmark Cards for years has offered both humorous and heartfelt Valentine’s Day cards to send from one female friend to another, said spokeswoman Rachel Bolton. Recently, however, she said the popularity of such cards has grown, thanks in part to such cultural influences as the TV show “Sex and the City.”

“One of the huge trends is cards for singles,” Bolton said.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
kwillia said:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17011635/

Valentine’s Day is fast approaching — not sure what to get that ex-special someone?

CafePress.com might have some options for you.

“Valentine,” one card for sale on the Web site reads, “we’re both looking for the same thing.”

Open the card up, and it continues: “Someone else.”

Another card from the site starts out cheerily: “Happy Valentine's Day!”

Inside, it adds, “Even though we both know it’s over.”

For most people, Valentine’s Day is still about chocolates, hearts, teddy bears and romantic sentiments. But a growing number of the recently or steadfastly single are getting in on the holiday as well, spawning anti-Valentine’s Day cards, T-shirts and parties.

Anti-Valentine’s Day cards have been popular among smaller distributors and
Web-based e-card producers for several years. Now the trend is starting to attract more mainstream attention.

Industry powerhouse American Greetings Corp. this year added 10 anti-Valentine’s Day cards to the roster of 2,500 cards it produces for the holiday. While it may be just a tiny portion of the company’s holiday effort, “that’s huge for a new product in our industry,” said American Greetings spokeswoman Megan Ferington.

Ferington said the Cleveland-based company decided to add anti-Valentine’s Day cards after noticing last year that more people were holding singles parties or girls’ nights out on what is traditionally a night for couples.

“Singles just want to be part of the holiday,” she said. “There really was an undercurrent of people wanting to celebrate.”

One card from American Greetings’ collection opens with: “They had shared a moment.”

Inside, it reads: “A lifetime commitment was completely out of the question. Happy Anti-Valentine’s Day (for the woman who knows what she doesn’t want.)”In addition to the more overtly anti-holiday cards, Ferington said American Greetings also has boosted its lineup of Valentine’s Day cards that are meant to be sent to friends rather than soul mates.

Hallmark Cards for years has offered both humorous and heartfelt Valentine’s Day cards to send from one female friend to another, said spokeswoman Rachel Bolton. Recently, however, she said the popularity of such cards has grown, thanks in part to such cultural influences as the TV show “Sex and the City.”

“One of the huge trends is cards for singles,” Bolton said.

:killingme I have GOT to find that card...