Vera's White Sand's

justbeachy

can be a real beach
We were thinking of going one night. Has anyone been there? Does Vera do a crossdresser floorshow? Is it good? How is the food? :popcorn:

camily

Peace
Huh?
I don't know about crossdressing, but she is a weirdo. I used to wait on her alot when I worked at Maryland Way at the Holiday Inn in Solomons and she is nuttier than a fruitcake.

ptbrien

Livin' for the Dream
Oy

Last time I was there (4 years) food was bad (room temp shrimp cocktail, cold entree). Service was mediocre at best. I would spend the money at Tavern at the Village in Wildewood

mromero

We ate there ONCE! We found it to be filthy, service terrible, food nasty. In fact, everyone in our party contacted the Health Department. That's how bad it is.

L

ladylara

we went a few months back - just to say that we have been. my food was cold (waaaaay overpriced) and when we left we all saw a mouse scurry along the sideboard.

yea. no joke.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
ladylara said:
we went a few months back - just to say that we have been. my food was cold (waaaaay overpriced) and when we left we all saw a mouse scurry along the sideboard.

yea. no joke.

Strange thing, no matter the size of the mouse or how mangy it looks, it's nothing worse than seeing a big azz rat around a food establishment. :barf:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
ladylara said:

yea. no joke.

Strange thing, no matter the size of the mouse or how mangy it looks, it's nothing worse than seeing a big azz rat around a food establishment. Don't eat at the :gossip: in DC :barf:

W

Wenchy

Does she have a bar in the restaurant? I can just go have a few drinks and observe the "weirdness".

I figure they can't mess up a Coor's Light.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
unixpirate said:
Yes they do have a bar. When we going? :yay:
You can reach it by boat, I think.

Been there a few times, and the food is nothing to crow about. Service, as I remember, was mediocre.

The interior is full of artifacts she has gathered from trips on her cruises to the islands over many years.

Lots to look at! :yay:

Last edited:
W

Wenchy

Penn said:
You can reach it by boat, I think.

She advertises slips for rent. Sounds like a plan! :banana:

Vera's eccentric personality (going on local gossip here) reminds me of my Gammie.

I have to meet her.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I have met her maybe a half dozen times; her housekeeper, an Indian (Middle Eastern-type) Kumar, told me she is getting weaker, and does not get out as often as she used to.

Not sure how old she is, probably in her eighties. There was an entire thread about Vera, her history in Hollywood, (or not) and how she came by that restaurant - awhile back on these forums.

camily

Peace
Penn said:
I have met her maybe a half dozen times; her housekeeper, an Indian (Middle Eastern-type) Kumar, told me she is getting weaker, and does not get out as often as she used to.

Not sure how old she is, probably in her eighties. There was an entire thread about Vera, her history in Hollywood, (or not) and how she came by that restaurant - awhile back on these forums.
I remember that thread.