Was I better off without it

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Or perhaps my superhuman immune system, built through decades of smoking and drinking, is like Conor McGregor and is all like, "C'mon, ye bastad, I'll fook you up!"?

🤔

That's the same set of factors that I rely heavily on to deflect and defeat viruses and the like. :buddies:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Now that I'm not running the roads any long, I started getting plugged in to the local community. Early June, I go to the local VA to get a handle on my annoying arthritis. Of course when you go in the clinic you get your temperature taken. Then there is the 87 question survey. Then they ask if you've been vaxxed. I had a planned family function coming up, so when they offered me the shot, I took it. I did the 1 timer because it was just easier to get it over with. I get the shot. I now have my vaxx card. No post shot issues. Life is good.

When I get back I go about my typical boring life. Last week I got 1 of those throat tickles. I've had them before. It was the same thing I had 2 years ago when I coughed so hard I got a hernia. But this 1 isn't that bad. I went deep sea fishing Thursday and coughed a few times. But nothing to concern the people around me. Plus, I've been vaccinated. Friday night it got worse. I took some airborne for an immune system boost. Saturday & Sunday was the same pattern. A few coughs during the day with increased cough once I went to bed.

Yesterday I went to the urgent care to get something to help fight this. They listen to my lungs and I get my nose swab. They tell me to sit tight. 4 minutes later they tell me I'm positive for covid. I get a packet of what to do in case it gets worse. They order me some antibiotics that I go and pick up. Other than the cough, I feel fine. No aches and no temperature.

So after running around the country for a year and a half unvaccinated, I finally get the shot and get sick. I thought the whole premise of the vaccine was so you wouldn't get the virus. But what happened to me isn't uncommon. It seems lots of vaccinated people are getting the virus. Perhaps getting the vaccine makes your symptoms milder if you do get the rona.

Now I get to hang out at home for a few days. If I croak over, Misfit can have my boat.
WTAF.

I hope you feel better soon! And that Vrai doesn't get the Rona.

They gave you antibiotics? They supposedly don't work for the Rona. (they thought I had a sinus infection and gave me the antib's but I didn't. The antib's did nothing, either)

Bann

PREMO Member
So how contagious is the rona really? One would think I'd get it, since Monello and I live together and I am neither vaxed nor do I mask up. I mean, if I can catch it by being in the same grocery store or at the same park with an infected person, surely I'd catch it from the guy I sleep next to, right?

Or do I have it and just don't know because it's really not all that?

Or perhaps my superhuman immune system, built through decades of smoking and drinking, is like Conor McGregor and is all like, "C'mon, ye bastad, I'll fook you up!"?

🤔
WELP - I was trying to figure out where to post this - and I might just do it someplace anyway - but

LABCORP is now offering the antibody tests for $10.00. YOu go to their website, sign up, pay your $10 and provide your insurance info (they bill your ins co) and make the appt.

It's a blood test - easy-peasy 5 seconds easy. Had the blood drawn yesterday and got the results in my EMAIL BOX this morning before 9am.

I am still showing antibodies - 5 months later from having the Rona. I will ask my doctor to interpret the level they found, although everything I've read states that there is no way to tell how long the immunity I have will last. Then, other things I've read indicate natural immunity can last a few years.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Now that I'm not running the roads any long, I started getting plugged in to the local community. Early June, I go to the local VA to get a handle on my annoying arthritis. Of course when you go in the clinic you get your temperature taken. Then there is the 87 question survey. Then they ask if you've been vaxxed. I had a planned family function coming up, so when they offered me the shot, I took it. I did the 1 timer because it was just easier to get it over with. I get the shot. I now have my vaxx card. No post shot issues. Life is good.

When I get back I go about my typical boring life. Last week I got 1 of those throat tickles. I've had them before. It was the same thing I had 2 years ago when I coughed so hard I got a hernia. But this 1 isn't that bad. I went deep sea fishing Thursday and coughed a few times. But nothing to concern the people around me. Plus, I've been vaccinated. Friday night it got worse. I took some airborne for an immune system boost. Saturday & Sunday was the same pattern. A few coughs during the day with increased cough once I went to bed.

Yesterday I went to the urgent care to get something to help fight this. They listen to my lungs and I get my nose swab. They tell me to sit tight. 4 minutes later they tell me I'm positive for covid. I get a packet of what to do in case it gets worse. They order me some antibiotics that I go and pick up. Other than the cough, I feel fine. No aches and no temperature.

So after running around the country for a year and a half unvaccinated, I finally get the shot and get sick. I thought the whole premise of the vaccine was so you wouldn't get the virus. But what happened to me isn't uncommon. It seems lots of vaccinated people are getting the virus. Perhaps getting the vaccine makes your symptoms milder if you do get the rona.

Now I get to hang out at home for a few days. If I croak over, Misfit can have my boat.

Sorry, you're sick.

G has been in bed sick for three days and I think she might go to the walk in today.

Nope. Yesterday I had a sinus thing and body aches that made me go, oh great, now I got the rona too, but today it's gone and I have no other symptoms. As much as I've pooh poohed this virus thing it would serve me right to get it and die, but so far irony karma isn't interested in me.
Based on my observations (consider where I work and how big my family is) this very well could be your bout with the Rona. Just keep an eye on symptoms over the next 10 days. If you have a period of loss of smell/taste, even if it is short, consider yourself part of the herd immunity! 🐮 🐄 :starcat:

Bann

PREMO Member
Based on my observations (consider where I work and how big my family is) this very well could be your bout with the Rona. Just keep an eye on symptoms over the next 10 days. If you have a period of loss of smell/taste, even if it is short, consider yourself part of the herd immunity! 🐮 🐄 :starcat:
...and get better before the end of this
month - we have some catching up to do!!! :getdown: :dye: 🦩

Tech

Nope. Yesterday I had a sinus thing and body aches that made me go, oh great, now I got the rona too, but today it's gone and I have no other symptoms. As much as I've pooh poohed this virus thing it would serve me right to get it and die, but so far irony karma isn't interested in me.
Had the similar fleeting symptoms for the last week, better be the Wuhan to justify the side effects from the vax.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Based on my observations (consider where I work and how big my family is) this very well could be your bout with the Rona.

Could be. This morning I have a mild bronchitis. My coffee smells and tastes great, no fever, no nothing other than a very slight congestion and trace of a headache. Nothing I haven't experienced numerous times before.

But with regard to Monello, there's a lot to unpack.

Not last winter but the winter before - right before covid became all the rage - he had a respiratory issue that made him cough himself into a hernia explosion. I'm thinking now that he did have the corona virus but it wasn't a big media thing yet so he wouldn't have necessarily been diagnosed with it.

And if he had it, his body would have built up an immunity to it and he wouldn't have it now.

Except that getting the regular flu doesn't mean you'll never get it again. Viruses are constantly mutating, which is why we have flu season every year. It's fascinating, really, the way it works. And our immune system is like a miracle of biology that would make a heathen like me believe in intelligent design, if I thought there was anything intelligent enough to come up with something so amazingly sophisticated.

Anyway, we know that viruses mutate - always have. We're never going to eliminate them. Every year there's a new strain, and we go, "Huh," and move on with our lives. Some people get sick; some die; the vast majority are unaffected. The common cold is a viral infection, and who hasn't had that? You make chicken soup and sleep it off.

I could go on and on about this because it's so interesting, but I'm getting distracted by life and losing my train of thought. So here's a few links that anyone who cares can check out: