Way to stick it to the children, Republicans.

luvmygdaughters

Seems like they should be granted citizenship by this point.
But why?? Thats the point I dont understand. There are hundreds of people who become citizens thru proper channels. Its not easy, I grant you that, but, they do it the right way. Why should someone, regardless of how long they have illegally been in this country, be given a free pass? I haven't seen anyone on this forum who disapproves of immigrants who want to become US citizens, but, it has to be done legally!

This_person

I've already answered this down the line even though you're using a false dichotomy. How are you going to persecute someone who's been here over a decade and has been working to benefit the house?
Well, think about how that works.

If they're "benefitting" the house, that means that they are paying taxes. If they're paying taxes, they have to have false identities. That means even more people are harmed.

If they are NOT paying taxes because they don't have false identities, they are not benefiting, they're stealing jobs from citizens (actually, they're doing that either way) and taking advantage of services like roads and schools without adding to the common good. Meanwhile, if they're not paying taxes it's incredibly unlikely they are covered by workman's compensation or insurance, so they're abusing the health care system as well.

If they're not paying taxes, they're also very unlikely to be paid even minimum wage. Why do you hate them so much you would want them to work for so tiny of wages.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If they're not paying taxes, they're also very unlikely to be paid even minimum wage. Why do you hate them so much you would want them to work for so tiny of wages.

Selfishness.

He want's cheap exploitable labor to mow his lawn and clean his bathroom.

Burnthings

Well, think about how that works.

If they're "benefitting" the house, that means that they are paying taxes. If they're paying taxes, they have to have false identities. That means even more people are harmed.

If they are NOT paying taxes because they don't have false identities, they are not benefiting, they're stealing jobs from citizens (actually, they're doing that either way) and taking advantage of services like roads and schools without adding to the common good. Meanwhile, if they're not paying taxes it's incredibly unlikely they are covered by workman's compensation or insurance, so they're abusing the health care system as well.

It's impossible to live in America without paying some sort of taxes. Sales tax, etc. Even still someone is still profiting from their labor, they wouldn't be here if there wasn't some net gain.

There would most certainly be some sort of paper trail unless they were off the books. Even if it's a stolen identity, then they are most definitely paying taxes.

So lets close the loopholes and give them a proper path to citizenship, and that goes for employers as well.

But were not doing that are we? No, we're rounding them up and putting them in concentration camps and leaving their children vulnerable.

Hessian

."..putting them in concentration camps and leaving their children vulnerable. " Oh look,...Mr Mini Pizza in the easy chair with his xbox just read AOC's talking points.

Burnthings

."..putting them in concentration camps and leaving their children vulnerable. " Oh look,...Mr Mini Pizza in the easy chair with his xbox just read AOC's talking points.
Oh man, are you going to hit me with some of your easy bake AOC memes.

mitzi

Why not hold the establishment that hires illegals responsible in the first place?

What happens with these companies that hire illegals? This company seems to have had near 700 employees that were illegal. This is not an accidental slipping thru the system of a few. They knowingly hire them. We see the workers being arrested and the crying children but not one mention of the company that hires these people. Let's see them being arrested, what they are doing is illegal too. Companies like this are a major reason for this problem. Joe Illegal gets thru and hired at these companies. He contacts a relative and tells him he can get a job at this company if he makes it thru, of course they're going to come.
My heart breaks for the kids caught up in this. Their parents put them in this position and the companies that hire them put them in this position.

This_person

It's impossible to live in America without paying some sort of taxes. Sales tax, etc. Even still someone is still profiting from their labor, they wouldn't be here if there wasn't some net gain.

There would most certainly be some sort of paper trail unless they were off the books. Even if it's a stolen identity, then they are most definitely paying taxes.

So lets close the loopholes and give them a proper path to citizenship, and that goes for employers as well.

But were not doing that are we? No, we're rounding them up and putting them in concentration camps and leaving their children vulnerable.
A portion of taxes isn't helping. Tourists do that. Are they simply tourists?

As for the help they're giving the company, are you suggesting that paying slave wages to illegal aliens justifies the illegal aliens being here?

Burnthings

What happens with these companies that hire illegals? This company seems to have had near 700 employees that were illegal. This is not an accidental slipping thru the system of a few. They knowingly hire them. We see the workers being arrested and the crying children but not one mention of the company that hires these people. Let's see them being arrested, what they are doing is illegal too. Companies like this are a major reason for this problem. Joe Illegal gets thru and hired at these companies. He contacts a relative and tells him he can get a job at this company if he makes it thru, of course they're going to come.
My heart breaks for the kids caught up in this. Their parents put them in this position and the companies that hire them put them in this position.
Honestly that's a ho hum f*** all response and does nothing to help the situation.

Burnthings

A portion of taxes isn't helping. Tourists do that. Are they simply tourists?

As for the help they're giving the company, are you suggesting that paying slave wages to illegal aliens justifies the illegal aliens being here?
Do tourists help or harm the country when they pay taxes like that? What do you think about corporations that pay zero taxes on billions of dollars of profit. Where's your fake outrage about that? Which do you think hurts the country more?

I never argued for them to be paid a slave wage. I'm saying if they have been here that long working a slave wage, give them citizenship, proper compensation, and back pay.

Burnthings

Whose morality?

Breaking into the country illegally is pretty poor morality
You can use a broad definition of morality to argue not throwing people in a concentration camp.

So how about basic human decency, or is that an alien concept for you?

This_person

Do tourists help or harm the country when they pay taxes like that? What do you think about corporations that pay zero taxes on billions of dollars of profit. Where's your fake outrage about that? Which do you think hurts the country more?

I never argued for them to be paid a slave wage. I'm saying if they have been here that long working a slave wage, give them citizenship, proper compensation, and back pay.
We don't give tourists citizenship

mitzi

Honestly that's a ho hum f*** all response and does nothing to help the situation.

There is nothing personally I can do help the situation. Can you? My point was to hold these companies responsible. Shut them down, heavily fine them, jail time.