We dont have a semi truck section, so here goes

glhs837

Power with Control
NOTE: Skip ahead to 21:16 for the actual start of the event.....

So Mercedes will need to get back in the physics books and Bill Gates has some crow to eat.

Tesla Semi - 81,000lbs, 500 mile range on a single charge. Day cab config you can stand up in. Incredible visibility and comfort. Climbs hills like they were flat. Regains energy coming back down the other side. Runaway truck not an issue, as it rarely uses the brakes.

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ok. I've just listened to 7+ mins of the worst music.

If this is their presentation, it won't convince the heretics.

glhs837

Power with Control
Ok. I've just listened to 7+ mins of the worst music.

If this is their presentation, it won't convince the heretics.

Nope, sure wont, but you aren't convincing them if the damn thing cured blindness driving by.......

Who you need to convince is fleet managers. Once they see the math, its sold. This isnt personal vehicles, where style and feelings get involved.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
When it takes them 25 mins to get the #### rolling on a commercial/video, they need to hire better advertising people.

glhs837

Power with Control
Doesnt' speak well to their devotion to the product and attention to detail.

:whistle:

Think about the billions Ford and GM dump into advertising. In 2012 Ford spent 1.98 Billion. That buys a lot of R&D. I would rather they spend on hard stuff than hearts and minds. And since they sell everything they make, not missing anything, are they?

Bare-ya-cuda

Checking out the Tesla website:

Semi Specs
Fully Loaded at 82k lbs Gross Combination Weight

• Mile Range
    Approximately 300 or 500 miles
  • 0-60 mph
    20 seconds
  • Speed Up a 5% Grade
    Highway speed limit
  • Powertrain
    3 independent motors on rear axles

The 500 mile range appears to be an estimate. I would like to see actual companies operating to see what real world specs really are.

glhs837

Power with Control
Looks more like lazyness or carelessness to me.
You can call it lazy but like I said they're selling every single car they can make so they're not missing anything there.
Checking out the Tesla website:

Semi Specs
Fully Loaded at 82k lbs Gross Combination Weight

• Mile Range
    Approximately 300 or 500 miles
  • 0-60 mph
    20 seconds
  • Speed Up a 5% Grade
    Highway speed limit
  • Powertrain
    3 independent motors on rear axles

The 500 mile range appears to be an estimate. I would like to see actual companies operating to see what real world specs really are.
If you watch the video you'll see they actually did a test at 81,000 lb. Pulled 500 miles and had 4% left at the end

Bare-ya-cuda

You can call it lazy but like I said they're selling every single car they can make so they're not missing anything there.

If you watch the video you'll see they actually did a test at 81,000 lb. Pulled 500 miles and had 4% left at the end
I didn’t watch the video. Might watch later on.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

And they sold all the Pet Rocks, Black Velvet Paintings and Chia Pets they could make too.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
And then how long until they could drive the next 500?
I have no knowledge of how they put the truck together, haven't read up on any specs. But if it were me, I would design the main battery pac into the bed of the trailer. The trailer could be charged and waiting, pull in, drop one trailer off to be recharged, pick up another and keep going. Stage the trailers. Small battery pac in the cab for short distances.

glhs837

Power with Control
And then how long until they could drive the next 500?
I think about 30 minutes. But keep in mind, this truck is intended for day routes, where you drive making drops all over in a day. Then the truck sits until the next day. But you could do a route where you take a full load, and recharge while they reload. Pepsi already has Megachargers there at the facility these first trucks will be based at.