We The People Will Fund The Wall

I suppose the illegals do not have access to American news, at least not as good access as we have, but don't you think they know that Democrats are encouraging them to break the law? They know at worst they will be sent back for another shot at it?
Some have already been here and been sent back multiple times. Some are "mules" some are criminals, some want to find work, others to get on the welfare and food stamp role's.

An estimated $113 Billion dollars each year. Let me repeat that $113 Billion dollars each year.Is what it costs us to support them once they get here.

Now according to some people here I am a moron, but if the wall which costs $20 Billion dollars to build, a one time expense, plus maintenance costs ,cuts that number in half, we would still be saving somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 Billion dollars a year.

Does the 113 billion dollar number factor in the taxes that illegals pay for services they cannot use (Social Sercurity for example)? I am naturally skeptical of dollar figures being used, because other studies show vastly different numbers.

I actually think most illegals want to work and generally obey the law. That's not the point though. If you walked into your home and found people that weren't supposed to be there, that's called breaking and entering. There needs to be enforced laws about border security, but both parties benefit from illegal labor so I remain pretty jaded.

SamSpade

Oh, I agree that we need a different system. If birth certificate records were available at the click of a button it would help get rid of illegal immigrants. I just don't think the continued cost of the wall will be worth the effect it has. Also, I think saying Mexico would pay for the wall was a blunder, along with owning the government shutdown. Moderate voters like myself will hear those clips over and over again.

I knew at the time it was an oversell, but making them pay for it was never intended to be done by issuing them a *bill*. When that didn't happen, the left went berserk with absurd arguments about 'why are WE paying for it? I thought they were paying for it?" which is even more ridiculous because they had hitherto been in FAVOR of paying for it, at least on paper.

One thing that CAN be effective in stopping the flow of illegals is twofold - deportations - which we don't possess much will to do in numbers - and cracking down on hiring illegals. I know a couple guys who work in construction, and others in landscaping - and they have to bid on jobs. They keep getting undercut by others who are clearly staffed with illegals whom they can pay less, don't withhold taxes and so on. It sucks to have to compete with a person clearly disobeying the law which some authorities won't enforce.

One of my biggest issues with Trump is how impulsive he can be. He does have some good ideas (criminal justice reform, rethinking US military roles, etc.) I just wish he could tone down the rhetoric and insults, it looks very unprofessional.

I'm ok with it IF it gets results. I've likened Trump to Patton. Vulgar, brash, impulsive - but he won. And he struck fear into the hearts of our enemies.

Hijinx

Does the 113 billion dollar number factor in the taxes that illegals pay for services they cannot use (Social Sercurity for example)? I am naturally skeptical of dollar figures being used, because other studies show vastly different numbers.

I actually think most illegals want to work and generally obey the law. That's not the point though. If you walked into your home and found people that weren't supposed to be there, that's called breaking and entering. There needs to be enforced laws about border security, but both parties benefit from illegal labor so I remain pretty jaded.

63% is the figure they give for illegals being on welfare. How much do 63% pay in taxes when they are on welfare and food stamps.
Actually if you go on vacation and people move into your home, you will have a helluva time getting them out.
Just like we are having a helluva time getting illegals out.

You know who doesn't benefit from illegal labor?
The American worker.
They steal their jobs
They hold their wages down.

But you are right. Both parties want the people sending them funds for their re-election want those people to have cheap labor.
Capitol Hill is so filled with corrupt slimy politicians who are there to fill their own coffers that they have led us to this mess.

BOP

https://www.sarahpalin.com/2018/12/...gofundme-tops-17-million/?utm_source=engageim

If the government won’t, the American people will.

As Democrat Senators continue to hold the federal government in a shutdown, wounded warrior and Purple Heart recipient Brian Kolfage’s effort to raise money for a border wall is still ongoing.

And, it just topped $17,130,000! The fund has skyrocketed since it received $1 million from 17,000 contributors on the first day, the Tennessean reports.

As we previously reported, Kolfage is seeking to use the GoFundMe platform to collect a record-breaking $1 billion of publicly-raised money, all in the name of border security.

“The government has accepted large private donations before, most recently a billionaire donated $7.5 Million to fund half of the Washington Monument repairs in 2012; this is no different,” the veteran wrote on the donation page’s description.

According to the description, Kolfage is looking to help fulfill the will of the American people who elected President Trump and support his agenda: “Like a majority of those American citizens who voted to elect President Donald J Trump, we voted for him to Make America Great Again. President Trump’s main campaign promise was to BUILD THE WALL. And as he’s followed through on just about every promise so far, this wall project needs to be completed still.”

Kolfage said he is “deeply invested” to the United States after he sacrificed three limbs and more defending the country overseas. Now, the veteran is bringing his same fighting spirit to raise funds for a southern border wall.

More than 280,000 people have contributed to the fund over the past nine days.

As the Epoch Times reports, Kolfage has received hate mail and even death threats over his fundraising effort.

That was as of 5 days ago, so update:
https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall#
$18,428,364 of $1.0B goal
Raised by 304,358 people in 14 days

Can you imagine if the Government could get crap done that quickly? We'd have the wall built by this time next year.

luvmygdaughters

Can you imagine being such a terrible person to scroll past all the children with cancer and homeless families asking for money and deciding you would rather throw your money at a ineffective wall that was supposed to be funded by Mexico?

How do Trump supporters even get through the day with out accidentally killing themselves from
Stupidity

A great portion of funding for charities is through private donations you idiot! And yes, I would like to see money for the wall go to the wall, if it helps keep disease and sickness from our shores. God knows what kind of germs and disease the illegals are bringing here. Do you lock your door at night? Do you lock your car? whats the difference between you protecting your family and possessions and the government protecting its citizens?

awpitt

Main Streeter
I'm ok with it IF it gets results. I've likened Trump to Patton. Vulgar, brash, impulsive - but he won. And he struck fear into the hearts of our enemies.

The difference here is that Trump often mis-speaks or lies. Whichever you want to call it. He makes incorrect statements very often. Patton didn't do that.

This_person

The difference here is that Trump often mis-speaks or lies. Whichever you want to call it. He makes incorrect statements very often. Patton didn't do that.

Of course Patton did that. Of course every leader ever has done that. Trump's are just called lies instead of hyperbole or metaphors, like they have been for recent leaders.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I don’t know if much has been talked about this aspect or not but regardless of how much money is raised, the only thing that can be done with it is donating it to the U.S. Treasury general fund. After that, it is at the mercy of the regular appropriations process along with all other revenue collected by the U.S. Govt. Another option would be to create a non-profit Trust dedicated to the building and maintenance of the wall but, again, this would have to be done by the Congress. This would be similar to the National Mall Trust which was created to take donations for fixing the Washington Monument after the earthquake.

The only other alternative would be for the GoFundMe site to return all of the donations.

This_person

I don’t know if much has been talked about this aspect or not but regardless of how much money is raised, the only thing that can be done with it is donating it to the U.S. Treasury general fund. After that, it is at the mercy of the regular appropriations process along with all other revenue collected by the U.S. Govt. Another option would be to create a non-profit Trust dedicated to the building and maintenance of the wall but, again, this would have to be done by the Congress. This would be similar to the National Mall Trust which was created to take donations for fixing the Washington Monument after the earthquake.

The only other alternative would be for the GoFundMe site to return all of the donations.

How does Trump donate his salary to specific places, then?

awpitt

Main Streeter
How does Trump donate his salary to specific places, then?

I know that he donates once per quarter and the money would go to a non-profit partner of the govt program in question. As an example, one of his donations went to the National Park Service, specifically for Antietam National Battle Field. In this case, Trump's donation was made via the National Park Foundation which is a Congressionally chartered private non-profit trust.

This_person

I know that he donates once per quarter and the money would go to a non-profit partner of the govt program in question. As an example, one of his donations went to the National Park Service, specifically for Antietam National Battle Field. In this case, Trump's donation was made via the National Park Foundation which is a Congressionally chartered private non-profit trust.

thBD61ICT8.jpg

Thank you, I misunderstood to whom he was donating!

Chris0nllyn

A few of you will be getting your money back (less any processing fees).

GoFundMe said Friday that it would refund $20 million raised by more than 300,000 donors for President Trump's border wall after an account aiming to raise $1 billion for the wall changed part of its campaign.
He updated the page on Friday, saying that the federal government would not be able to accept the $20 million soon.
Whithorne confirmed to BuzzFeed that Kolfage in 2015 launched a GoFundMe that raised $16,246 under the premise that the money would go to a veteran mentorship program. Whitorne said the money went directly to Kolfage.
https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...fundme-for-trump-border-wall-will-be-refunded