Wedding gift amount

tiltedangel

say hi to Vermont for me! and just the fact that you are willing to spend the extra to go up for the wedding should be enough...but the hand made things should go over great! i would not worry too much about the cash side of it...the things you made took thought and caring..anyone can put cash in a card....just go and enjoy yourself...have fun! which part of vermont?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
say hi to Vermont for me! and just the fact that you are willing to spend the extra to go up for the wedding should be enough...but the hand made things should go over great, just don't include a card with your name on it!
:fixed:

Cowgirl

say hi to Vermont for me! and just the fact that you are willing to spend the extra to go up for the wedding should be enough...but the hand made things should go over great! i would not worry too much about the cash side of it...the things you made took thought and caring..anyone can put cash in a card....just go and enjoy yourself...have fun! which part of vermont?

Westfield....way up there.

Cowgirl

I'd say if the cheap bastards are looking for handouts to pay for their honeymoon.

1) they shouldn't be going on a honeymoon .. and

2) you should give them a bill for 50% of what it is costing you to get there.

3) EXPECTING gifts is rude and brash, and having the cajones to tell people what you want is beyond bad form! They should, instead, write their guests and inform them that first and formeost they want their company on the important day, nothing is more important to them than sharing their love with their friends and family. NOTHING else should be said about gifts or cash, unless it's to say "Your presence at this glorious event can be in lieu of gifts."

I'm sorry, but I don't want nor do I need anything...

well except this lamp..

and this chair..

oh, and this ashtray too..

Yeah...I kinda agree. They made a website with a "HoneyFund." It's like their own little online store where people can "purchase" amounts of money to give them. It's kinda weird.

tiltedangel

hmmm not too sure where that is lol! i grew up in pownal or should i say bennington cuz that is the one people know where it is heheehe.

Cowgirl

My family is from up that way.. dad grew up in N Stratford (Statford Hollow) NH, and I have family in Groveton, Gorham and Colebrook NH..

I love VT and NH. I am so excited to go....I can hardly stand it. :clap: It's going to be absolutely beautiful!!! On the way home we're going through NH (through the White Mtns.). :yahoo:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I love VT and NH. I am so excited to go....I can hardly stand it. :clap: It's going to be absolutely beautiful!!! On the way home we're going through NH (through the White Mtns.). :yahoo:

If it's leaf peepin time, try the Kangamangus Highway..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
and if you have the money, do the Auto Road up Mount Washington, or the Cog Railway.. and the Gondolas at either Wildcat or Canon Mountain..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh, that's a beautiful drive. Unfortunately we're kinda short on time, so we have to stick to 93, but there's still a ton of scenic spots on it.

So North Conway and the Steam Locomotive are out!??

How about Clarks Trading Post?. I must have played with his trained bears a THOUSAND times growing up..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ok, then skip 93, take 3 across to 16 and follow 16 South to 95.. it shouldn't add much time to the trip, but it will be a LOT more scenic.. And you can wave at my old house in Rochester when you drive by!!

Cowgirl

Ok, then skip 93, take 3 across to 16 and follow 16 South to 95.. it shouldn't add much time to the trip, but it will be a LOT more scenic.. And you can wave at my old house in Rochester when you drive by!!

Well, we have to make a stop at Manchester airport. Will that take us by there?

Hey, have you ever been here? We went one Christmas and went on a wagon ride. Absolutely gorgeous!

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
When giving money as a gift at a wedding, the standard rule of thumb is to figure out the approximate cost of your meal at the reception (usually $25 for a buffet, $50 for table service), and multiply it by the number of guests in your party (ie, you and your spouse = 2).

Personally, for close friends or family I would never give less than $100.