Wedding gift amount

Cowgirl

When giving money as a gift at a wedding, the standard rule of thumb is to figure out the approximate cost of your meal at the reception (usually $25 for a buffet, $50 for table service), and multiply it by the number of guests in your party (ie, you and your spouse = 2).

Personally, for close friends or family I would never give less than $100.

Are you the one who wanted the bridal party to spend $1000 on a bachelorette trip?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Well, we have to make a stop at Manchester airport. Will that take us by there?

Hey, have you ever been here? We went one Christmas and went on a wagon ride. Absolutely gorgeous!

That's the "Shining" hotel.. the movie "The Shining" was based in Colorado (I think) but the location filming was at the Mount Washington Hotel.. before a majority of it went up in flames...

Lake Sunapee was "Golden Pond" in that movie.. Another BEAUTIFUL area..

it is BEAUTIFUL, and in a BEAUTIFUL area..

And if you take 16 South to Rochester I used to live in Manchester and commute to Rochester.. 30 - 45 minute drive. Tkae 125 out of Rochester, through Gonic.. South to Barrington until you reach 101E.. four lane highway into Manchester from there.. 101 turns into 293 around Manchester, take the Brown Ave exit.. should be signs for the airport there.

Cowgirl

That's the "Shining" hotel.. the movie "The Shining" was based in Colorado (I think) but the location filming was at the Mount Washington Hotel.. before a majority of it went up in flames...

Lake Sunapee was "Golden Pond" in that movie.. Another BEAUTIFUL area..

it is BEAUTIFUL, and in a BEAUTIFUL area..

And if you take 16 South to Rochester I used to live in Manchester and commute to Rochester.. 30 - 45 minute drive. Tkae 125 out of Rochester, through Gonic.. South to Barrington until you reach 101E.. four lane highway into Manchester from there.. 101 turns into 293 around Manchester, take the Brown Ave exit.. should be signs for the airport there.

I'm all confused. :lol: We're going to be coming down 91 and onto 93. You're saying take 93 to 3 to 16?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm all confused. :lol: We're going to be coming down 91 and onto 93. You're saying take 93 to 3 to 16?
When you cross into NH on I93 take the exit for 302.. that will take you through some beautiful montain passes, and resorts and not as busy as the Kangamangus this time of year.. Route 3 is further North than where you are crossing into NH so disregard 3..

302 cuts right through the middle of the White Mountains and connects to 16.. 16 will take you to Rte 28, which is still a fairly wilderness road down to Manchester.

Route 302/16 and 28 are a much nicer ride through the mountains than I93..

Route 28 will follow the Southern edge of Lake Winnipesaukee and straight into Manchester. ANOTHER beautiful route..

Last edited:

Cowgirl

When you cross into NH on I93 take the exit for 302.. that will take you through some beautiful montain passes, and resorts and not as busy as the Kangamangus this time of year.. Route 3 is further North than where you are crossing into NH so disregard 3..

302 cuts right through the middle of the White Mountains and connects to 16.. 16 will take you to Rte 28, which is still a fairly wilderness road down to Manchester.

Route 302/16 and 28 are a much nicer ride through the mountains than I93..

Route 28 will follow the Southern edge of Lake Winnipesaukee and straight into Manchester. ANOTHER beautiful route..

:yay: Awesome. I'll talk to the crew (carpooling w/ 3 other people), and see what they want to do!

tiltedangel

yep that sure is way up there in vermont....but i have to agree it is sooo beautiful there....i haven't been up for at least 6 years....need to go..and get out of here for a little bit...have a great time!

Cowgirl

yep that sure is way up there in vermont....but i have to agree it is sooo beautiful there....i haven't been up for at least 6 years....need to go..and get out of here for a little bit...have a great time!

:howdy: Thanks!

I'm outta here!!! Everyone have a great weekend!!! :howdy:

bubble_gum_yum

Well, we have to make a stop at Manchester airport. Will that take us by there?

Hey, have you ever been here? We went one Christmas and went on a wagon ride. Absolutely gorgeous!

:yahoo: FABULOUS PLACE! Been the many times and they have so much to do. I just love it there. Highly Recommend.