Weight Loss

Christy

b*tch rocket
dems4me said:
Was that you walking by the house the other day shaking the pictures off the walls? :roflmao: Actually C, we could go for a walk at night if you ilke, after this weekend, it should be somewhat still light out when I get home. We can walk, play tennis or jog. I'd prefer not to do something very physical like jogging though - it interfers with my smoking :ohwell:

No, that was my dog. :ohwell: :wink:

I definitely plan on doing the walking thing when we get back from our trip. :yay:

mainman

Set Trippin
Elaine,

I'm gonna roll with atkins again, are you going by the book? If so what is the 2 week induction?

Christy

b*tch rocket
Chasey_Lane said:
As Kwillia said, it's a lifestyle change. People who diet tend to lose a few lbs, then go back to eating unhealthy and gain it all back. If you just stick with eating better, you won't have to crash diet.
Dear Chasey,

Who was it that told you to put down the processed foods and go to the gym? Hmmmmm? Oh yeah, that was me! :smack: :razz:

I know exactly how to lose weight and do it properly. :lmao: You can call it "watching what you eat" I call it "diet and exercise". :shrug:

D

dems4me

Christy said:
No, that was my dog. :ohwell: :wink:

I definitely plan on doing the walking thing when we get back from our trip. :yay:

You can bring your dogs and I'll bring Harley :smile: Its a start, and then by Christmas I'll have you going door to door carrolling and dropping off freshly baked goods with me :biggrin:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mainman said:
Elaine,

I'm gonna roll with atkins again, are you going by the book? If so what is the 2 week induction?

Somewhat going by the book. I just know I have to keep my carb intake under 20g a day for two weeks, but I like to drop the weight fast, so I'll do 20g a day until I reach my goal. I also supplement.

D

dems4me

sushisamba said:
I've been watching Barbara Harrison lose her last 10 lbs for the past 2 months :killingme: and the formual NBC4 touted is this:

taking in 10 calories per pound of your current weight will allow you to maintain your current weight (150lbsx10=1500 calories a day)

if you want to lose weight:

take in 10 calories per pound of your ideal weight (120x10=1200 calories a day)

The only way to lose weight is to cut calories. By cutting calories you decrease the quantity of food you eat which is the only way to lose weight. It's not easy but as they say "NO PAIN, NO GAIN" or in this case, loss. :yay:

Thanks! I just want to do this safely and healthily, I don't want chestpains, headaches or hairfalling out or memory loss, fainting etc... I just want to make sure I loose it at a healthy pace. :huggy:

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
dems4me said:
Thanks! I just want to do this safely and healthily, I don't want chestpains, headaches or hairfalling out or memory loss, fainting etc... I just want to make sure I loose it at a healthy pace. :huggy:
I fluctuate between 115 and 125 and when I feel myself pushing to the higher end of that range, I eat what I want, but cut calories. I'm hungry for the first three days but then it gets easy.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Chasey_Lane said:
I don't need to lose weight, either. :shrug:
That's because you are dieting, oops, I mean "watching what you eat" :wink: and going to the gym. :shrug: I'm not at the moment. :shrug:

I don't mind my winter fat, it's never difficult to lose when I want to.

D

dems4me

sushisamba said:
I fluctuate between 115 and 125 and when I feel myself pushing to the higher end of that range, I eat what I want, but cut calories. I'm hungry for the first three days but then it gets easy.

goodness, if I was at that weight, I wouldn't worry about dieting at all :lol:

stockgirl

Stocki
dems4me said:
Depends on height and bone structure. I got down to 123 and I was boney as hell. I looked ill. However, I have a friend who is 120 and she has curves!

D

dems4me

stockgirl said:
Depends on height and bone structure. I got down to 123 and I was boney as hell. I looked ill. However, I have a friend who is 120 and she has curves!

That's my target goal. I used to be that thin at one point (118 actually) but its a lot of work and I want to do it healthy and safely :smile: Not worried about the curves... they can be cut off for all I care, as long as that scale reflects the weight loss :lol:

stockgirl

Stocki
dems4me said:
That's my target goal. I used to be that thin at one point (118 actually) but its a lot of work and I want to do it healthy and safely :smile: Not worried about the curves... they can be cut off for all I care, as long as that scale reflects the weight loss :lol:
I like to stay between 127 and 130ish. Well, except for now of course! :biggrin:

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
dems4me said:
Well, I'm short and even at the low end of that weight range, I have curves. I HATE to exercise so I have never allowed my weight to get to far away from me, even during pregnancy.

stockgirl

Stocki
sushisamba said:
Well, I'm short and even at the low end of that weight range, I have curves. I HATE to exercise so I have never allowed my weight to get to far away from me, even during pregnancy.
:pinaroseonyournose:

Some of us have health issues and weight gain is a problem.