Welcome back! Here's what's new:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
@vraiblonde I think you might misunderstand. Look at Post #133. We're talking about the 2nd row, light gray background. Starts with "New Posts."

It is def. not doing that on the production system.

?? Am I crazy? The menu bar is sticking at the top as I scroll. To see new posts, I can click on the arrow by Forums and choose New Posts.

What do I not understand?

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member

You're seeing the 2nd menu row that I have highlighted in yellow stick to the top of the screen when you scroll?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Your decision.

It makes no difference to me. I thought you did it that way on purpose because of screen space. I know you like it when things are compact for mobile users.

However you want it is fine with me. :yay:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
However you want it is fine with me
The problem is that this thread is too long and too many subtopics being discussed. :)

It was a user suggestion. I confirmed that it was possible and that if we wanted to proceed with it, it needed to be evaluated (by someone other than me) on the test system using all device types. Then, if you guys decided that was the way to go to let me know and I would flip it on.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
@jazz lady I activated it on the test site if you want to have a look and see if it even adds any value. I'm a one man army, so load and stress testing is not even on my radar. If interested, I can PM you the credentials. You can also check out that sticky menu.
@David I haven't been involved in testing so I don't know the URL for the test site but I would be glad to look at it. I work with large databases in Oracle and SQL*Server so not sure how much different it would be.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The problem is that this thread is too long and too many subtopics being discussed. :)

In other words, just a normal forum day. :lol:

As a user, my preference is more screen space, but if other people want it that's fine with me. Hey @Auntie Biache' - is clicking the arrow next to Forums and getting New Posts from there good or do you still want the actual submenu bar to scroll?

There - we'll let her be the decision maker. :jet:

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
I work with large databases in Oracle and SQL*Server so not sure how much different it would be
Nothing internal, just wanted experience user(s) to look at this Member List feature and say either:
  1. Yes, this is something the people would use every day.
  2. Eh, not what I expected. Don't bother.
I really don't like experimenting on a production system for a variety of reasons.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
As a user, my preference is more screen space
I just took a closer look at it and I agree. As long as you can click the down arrow to reveal the same thing, no sense wasting the screen space. No doubt the reason the developers gave admins the option. Perhaps Auntie wasn't aware they could use the down arrow. I'm closing this.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Nothing internal, just wanted experience user(s) to look at this Member List feature and say either:
  1. Yes, this is something the people would use every day.
  2. Eh, not what I expected. Don't bother.
I really don't like experimenting on a production system for a variety of reasons.
That's fine and I understand. I do a lot of software testing and we don't use our prod systems for that. Just point me where I need to go and I will look at it.

TCROW

I'd like to register a formal complaint that there aren't enough genders from which to select in the user details.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Is there a difference between views, and replies? As in, how much mullah it/they generate for this forum. I have, always, wondered about that. The reason I am asking that is I have viewed more than posted since the new format. I used to be Premo. What does Premo get for me with this new change? I will never leave, but just wondering. I have already posted that I don’t like the change. But, life is change. I will get it, eventually. :lol:

Something I do like. The new format doesn’t show edits. Have we lost black dog?:bawl:

Nevermind. I see edit is posted on the right of the screen. But, it isn’t so obvious. :lol:

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Is there a difference between views, and replies? As in, how much mullah it/they generate for this forum. I have, always, wondered about that. The reason I am asking that is I have viewed more than posted since the new format. I used to be Premo. What does Premo get for me with this new change? I will never leave, but just wondering. I have already posted that I don’t like the change. But, life is change. I will get it, eventually. :lol:

Something I do like. The new format doesn’t show edits. Have we lost black dog?:bawl:

Nevermind. I see edit is posted on the right of the screen. But, it isn’t so obvious. :lol:
Oh really!?!

Grumpy

Her asking about losing black dog makes me think he has blocked her, but I would think that would be a good thing. I know the few I have blocked have made my forum viewing 100% more enjoyable. It is as if the never existed.
I had so many folks blocked it took days before anything came up when I clicked "New Posts"

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Her asking about losing black dog makes me think he has blocked her, but I would think that would be a good thing. I know the few I have blocked have made my forum viewing 100% more enjoyable. It is as if the never existed.

I had so many folks blocked it took days before anything came up when I clicked "New Posts"
I don't have anyone blocked. 🤷